• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking of returning

• Thread starter GenevieveDupree
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GenevieveDupree

Hi everyone, I was a long time player but haven't played in about 5 yrs. Lately I've been thinking about reinstalling and turning my account back on. My question is, how active is the server nowadays, I enjoy grouping up and playing with others. Just wondering if it would be worthwhile re-upping.

Genevieve Dupree

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know Sonoma is small, but there are quite a few active groups out there of people who like to go do the PvM thing. If PvP is your thing one guild pretty much lives and breathes there. In my opinion it is worth turning on the account for atleast a month just to try it out. See what you think but I am sure if you talked to Queen Mum or even got into general chat you would be able to get a hold of somebody. If you have any questions ICQ me (if you have it) at 465216882 and Ill do what I can to help you out. I am an old Sonoma native and dont mind getting your back on your feet, if you want it, and anwsering any questions you have, I am sure there will be lots.

Steve aka Asterion II

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh god no!

*remembers the nights of Gene and her hubby in TS while we stalked people to kill*

haha, sonoma is but a shadow of its former self there sis.
most shards are way down on population.
ATL is the only real big shard left.
all us in 4H and YAD are still around if you decide to come back.
hell, if i remember correctly i have a house placed on your account on one of the old return to brit events, so youll even have a house waiting for ya when ya get back, haha

G

GenevieveDupree

Yeah those were the days lol. Do you guys still have a TS? If so you should gimme the info so I can jump in and annoy everyone lol. But yeah I'm seriously thinking about coming back, and would love to get with an active group that does the pvm thing, I used to do some pvp but ask poo, I'm pretty terrible at it.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes open your account and take a look around. Sonoma is much smaller than before but may still be to your liking..if not you can always transfer to one of the more populated shards. Always nice to see people returning even if they move to another shard!!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh god no!

*remembers the nights of Gene and her hubby in TS while we stalked people to kill*

hell, if i remember correctly i have a house placed on your account on one of the old return to brit events, so youll even have a house waiting for ya when ya get back, haha
Trying to replace me already eh?

Gene there's a lot of new content for you to catch up on. As Steve said, try it out for a month and worst case you're out $13. The game can still be fun and addicting.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree with the other posts! There are so many things to keep us busy that time seems to short when playing. As for Sonoma being smaller in population ... it might be small but the community is still strong. Its more of Quality over quantity :)

Hollar if ya need anything Dupree and glad to see you again! ... *cookie hugs*

G

GenevieveDupree

Okay I'm reinstalling as we speak, I don't have the latest expansions though, sa and the pirate one hope ppl do stuff in the older areas still lol. I do still have icq, my number is 32962851, feel free to contact me to do anything pretty much :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Your gonna need SA expansion sis.
That is 80% of the content u r missing.
The high sea is the other 20%.

But ya definitely need SA!!!

G

GenevieveDupree

Well I'm ingame now, I do still have that house have no idea how to get my other chars to it yet. And wow only one char has armor but I have lots of money lol. As for SA, is that still 20 bucks, hmm guess I'll play for a couple of days then maybe get it with my check.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i get back from the lake ill whip up a suit (imbue) for each of your toons.
ive got a tonne of stuff laying around to make them with.
no worries there sis!

G

GenevieveDupree

I ran around a bit the other night, but wow was I lost lol I'll just wait till you get back so I can bother you with all my questions :)

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh god no!

WoW I barely remember when I formed YaD, Gene you could always come playe siege! :p~