• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Thinking activating our old accounts...

U

Uglyduck

Hello Oceania,

Have not played for a long long time. I think Blackthorns Revenge was the last expansion that we bought. I would like to know a few things before we decide to activate our accounts...

Do you still need to use ICQ to communicate with ppl in game?

How many expansion would I need to buy to upgrade my accounts to the latest content?

Server population is going to be a crucial factor, what is the server population like?

And if the population is low, is the new content solo-able/Duo-able?

And what about champ spawns; is it easy to find help to do them? Or will we be stuck trying to do them by ourselves?

Are BODs still the main way to get decent gear? (I hate BOD :D ) I have no idea what my toons are wearing...

I could go on all day with these questions so I will leave it at that. :)

Appreciate any input.

Cheers

vexyvixen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Do you still need to use ICQ to communicate with ppl in game?"

A lot of people do still use ICQ, but I don't. We have a general chat channel now. You click "chat" at the top of your screen, click general, then click join. You push , (comma) then type your text to speak in general chat.

"How many expansion would I need to buy to upgrade my accounts to the latest content?"

You would have to buy Stygian Abyss and High Seas. There is a Gothic Theme Pack and Rustic Theme Pack if you want a couple of new wall and floor designs. Also, Rustic comes with a raised garden bed (allows you to plant seeds and they grow without you doing the upkeep) and Gothic comes with a chest of sending (send anything to your bank from home).

You can get these upgrades at uogamecodes.com

"Server population is going to be a crucial factor, what is the server population like?"

Atlantic and Great Lakes are the two most populated shards. There might be a third... My fiance and I are on Lake Superior. The population isn't bad there.

"And if the population is low, is the new content solo-able/Duo-able?"

My fiance and I are mage/tamers (120 magery, med, eval, taming, lore, vet) and we can do any champ spawn and/or peerless with just the two of us. We do quite well and it doesn't take very long. We need a third and sometimes fourth person for a couple of the harder things that aren't champ/peerless.

"Are BODs still the main way to get decent gear? (I hate BOD ) I have no idea what my toons are wearing..."

We have a skill called Imbuing now. Basically, you make a plain suit with your legendary tailor and farm in the abyss for ingredients to imbue your suit. You can make some awesome suits with imbuing.

UOGuide, Stratics, and Stratics forums are a great help to read up on. Hope this helps. Welcome back if you all decide to reopen your accounts.

U

Uglyduck

Thanks vex,

Been looking at the forums over the weekend and there are a lot of interesting changes so we have decided to have another go at UO. :)

Had to make a master account with EA/Mythic to resubscribe our accounts. I linked our account names to the master account but our UO accounts are not showing up. Sent an email to customer support and am awaiting a reply... Some things remain the same! :D

Cheers!

Acid phreak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
its been 12 years since i last played maybe a little more. quit just after they brought in the 3d client in, i honestly believe the whole trammel/felucia was silly aswell but the game has moved on since.
whats the go if u cant remember many of your account details been so long ago ive changed isp's several times email addys went with them still living at same address tho.does having billing information like cred card det or anything like that help ?