• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about moving shard...

I have came back to UO after a 5 years break. Pacific is no longer very active.
2 questions,
which one would be a good/more active shard ?
what is the best way to move shard ? (never move shard before).

Thanks

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you want the most folks, go atlantic. But if you want a great community and great challenge, go to Siege. The added benefit is you get to keep any houses you own and still place a house on Siege. If you move to another production shard, that won't be the case.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic is the busiest shard. Best thing to do is make a character and have a run about and check the different shards for yourself.

You can transfer using a character transfer token which you can buy from the Origin store for real money or buy in game for gold.

If you know (and trust) another player you could always give them items to take for you.

When I moved shards (to Atlantic) I didn't really move I just made another set of characters there. I made suits and equipment on my home shard and gave it to friends to transfer for me with their shard shields.

This way I can still play on my home shard and also when that is quiet I can logon to Atlantic and now have a full set of characters to use there.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
which one would be a good/more active shard ?
Welcome back! Just keep in mind that the land mass has expanded and the banks where people once congregated has changed to reflect that. It used to be that WBB was the go to bank, then it was Luna for a time...nowadays, people seem to use Brit, Luna, New Haven, and others. Maybe have a peek at the banks during busy hours (after work and on weekends) to get a better feel. You might be able to glean a bit from general chat in game as well.
Cheers

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is simple. Right now you have the choice. Pick any shard you like... and pick Siege. Siege is your bonus shard. No additional charge.

Please sell or delete your house if you choose not to stay on Siege. Give it a shot though.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will echo Merlin's comment--if you end up on Atlantic, check out the guild UWF. Atlantic has the most population of that is what you are looking for. I also agree that Siege Perilous is an amazing shard. If you want something different and unique, with an amazing community, give Siege a try.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you choose to remain on Pacific, I'd recommend hoping in Global Chat, the General Channel. That's where most of the shard regulars connect and organized hunts and these days they are mostly the Eodon hunts and quests.

If you choose to remain on Pacific, I'd recommend hoping in Global Chat, the General Channel. That's where most of the shard regulars connect and organized hunts and these days they are mostly the Eodon hunts and quests.
Thank you. I might stay on Pac for a little bit. So many things have changed. I will turn on the Chat next time I logon

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic is like the New York City of UO. Most people who go there like it, a few absolutely hate it.

You'll never know which you are until you give it a try :)

I love Atlantic and have spent 18 years there.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As stated above, explore the other shards. I have characters on most shards, mainly in the days for trading gifts. But I do have a least one or two that can travel, fight etc.. But for my choice of shards, Sonoma and Siege. I started on LS when I first came to this world, but it was my daughter who showed me the error of my ways. Be sure to check the Stratics forums for both someday if not all of them. Good luck!

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Europa is pretty good. There is a friendly community there. We hold a meeting at 6pm UK time every day at West Britain Bank where we chat and help new and returning players. Maybe create a character on Europa and see what you think