• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about a second account for bard/tamer...

M

maroite

So right now I have one account. My main is a mage/tamer.

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Myst

I am thinking about purchasing another account and running a disco bard/tamer on that account.

What I want to know is what do people think about running two accounts at the same time? And is it worth it for someone who plays on off hours to get a second account and couple their mage/tamer with a bard/tamer?

Any advice would be welcomed!

I am thinking of doing:

120 Disco
120 Music
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet

and then either 120 Spellweaving or 120 Magery.

What I want to do with this template is compliment my mage/tamer. Currently I use a GD on the mage tamer, but if this compliments him I might bring around a rune/bake combo for dps.

Only thing is I'm not sure how I should build the char. Most likely it will be an elf.

Any input would be welcomed! Also, if you think running two accounts together to kill stuff is worth my money please let me know, as I can't decide atm on what I want to do. :D

Gusten

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a... pseudo-bard/tamer. He's actually a pure bard, with magery and spellweaving, and has started to rely heavily on his two vollems, meaning that the tamer part of him has not vet, and is limited to just one set of pets.

I've tried using eval int instead of SW, for more single target damage, and med for more mana, but I keep comming back to SW. The main reason isn't WoD or the AoE spells (or summons, 'cause I already have all slots used), but Gift of Life. Since I can't res my pets, I pre-res them instead. To keep track of when it fades on them, I cast it on myself as well. Very handy at times.

Some people are big fans of WoD, but I really don't find it that great. It is a LOT better if you get an arcane focus (with just one other spellweaver the improvment is quite dramatic), but I'd still rather keep dishing out eval int-supported magery damage during the entire fight, than huge WoDs at the very end.

Two tamers together is very strong and viable to dual-play. The way I'd play it, to get the most use out of them without putting in too much work, would be to keep one as your more active char, and the other for support. The support char would send in pet, disco the boss, and just be used for healing. The main char can focus more on damage, and healing. Another possibility would be to have just one for healing, and the other one for crowd control - add provo on the bad one.

In either case, I can't imagine not having magery on a tamer, as getting around is a bit annoying.

Hope my thoughts make any sense.

U

uoBuoY

I run 2 accounts with Tamers on both (and 2 comps). It's great for training pets. Miner from A1 digs up a ShadowL, Tamer from A2 attacks Shadow, Miner logs, Tamer from A1 brings another pet for training. Etc.

Only problem is I like to have Disco, Provo and Peace available to all my Tamers which means training all those skills twice. That's really tedious and very expensive (scrolls).

M

maroite

I decided to give it a go. So I started up my second account last night. I will probably burn the adv token on the char for taming, and I have my gear for the char all ready to go.

Not sure if I will upgrade the account to SA right now, but I might after I play with it more.

As for peace and provo, I'm not sure I like them. Peace seems almost useless to me because I'd never use it to tame things as I can invis tame anything in the game solo, including GD's and it takes me roughly 5 mins, depending on how many times I fail.

Provo seems nice, but I'm not sure its worth it for what I want to do. I rarely find a time when I feel I would need to provo stuff onto a boss.

Right now I am planning for;

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Vet
80 Magery
40 SW

As my other tamer is 120 mage/eval int he will be the main healer, and I will most likely only use the two together.

L

Luke Carjacker

I run a similar template to maroite on my disco tamer, but i'd highly recommend taking magery up to 95. That will allow you to invis 100% of the time; then I throw on a tome of lost knowledge or something when I need to rez someone. I guess 80 is OK if you carry a book to bring you to 95. Failing at invis can be really bad, and honestly as a disco tamer your job is to stay alive, disco MOBs, heal your pet and let it do all the work.

Other options would be somewhat lower taming & lore so you can apply the points to another skill. I personally went for 120 for the stable slots (and for vanity sake) but these can be accomplished through jewels & talismans as well. But, I'm running the same basic template and it works great.