• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things That I Love by Del Pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DPudding

1) Imps at both valor and humility.

2) Adjectives

3) Ulterior Motives

4) Invising Unattended Horse and Golem Fighters.

5) Crashing Whenever I Really Don't Need To.

6) That Instant of Lag Just Before You Die. You Know The One I'm Talking About.

7) Lagging Like A MoFo.....And then Being Able To Run Like The Wind When The World Is Grey.

8) Poison On The Last Tick Of A Bandaid

9) Mentioning The Number Of Dupes To A Person Selling A Val Hammer At Luna Bank.

10) Congratulating That Same Duper For Accomplishing Something That Takes A Year. Sarcastically....Of Course.

Add your own.....

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having 120 Med, yet still failing 80% of the time.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Can't remember when I have failed to meditate with 120 med...

hmmm maybe you are bugged!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Can't remember when I have failed to meditate with 120 med...

hmmm maybe you are bugged!
Thats because in PvM its hard to run low on mana. Different for PvP however. Low mana lowers your success chance for medding.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gee then you might think I would have had that problem with my RED legendary mage with 120 med!

hmmmm

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh didn't know you pvp'ed. Whos your red mage? Are you disagreeing that there is a lower success chance for lower mana?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gee after I got trashed for spending a year killing GRI members on these very forums??? I assume everyone knew.

I haven't pvped since my return this year. But conservatively speaking I use to do more champs on this shard than almost anyone (3-4 a day 5-6 days a week). I was raided daily. I also raided some spawns run by enemy guilds.

I DON'T enjoy yew gate pvp...it bores me, but I love a good field or dungeon fight!

I am not disputing anything, I am simply saying I have never experienced an 80% failure rate of medding at 120!

I would speculate my failure rate at medding was no more than 10% at any time. But I never documented it!

Oh and I stalked, and slaughtered hundreds of champ cam characters. But that was hardly pvp...since 99% of those were unattended!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but back on topic....

I love dying beside Del at champ spawns/ town invasions!
:)

D

DPudding

11) Getting gang ****d by wraith thingees (Twice in three minutes) at humility.

12) Being dead in game and making posts on Stratics

D

DPudding

I got mad and quit.

This whole bushido/necro BS is too dependant on petals and button pushing to be any fun. Starting tomorrow...Del becomes something else.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the pure sammy paladin....I seldom die and can solo most monsters/ bosses!

I agree necro/sammy/pally just doesn't make sense for me either!

A

Aang

I got mad and quit.

This whole bushido/necro BS is too dependant on petals and button pushing to be any fun. Starting tomorrow...Del becomes something else.
Actually MANAGING the character is what makes a sampire fun. It's no fun to type "all kill" or double click a target once. :spider:

D

DPudding

I made a decision many years ago to never play a tamer or a bard.

Everything has to be perfect for a sampire. Perfect gear...insane button pushing...and a great deal of luck getting through a fight with 66 critters shooting fireballs at you. I play to have fun....and I'm just not having fun with this template. Dropping necro tomorrow....and putting healing back on this dude.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a decision many years ago to never play a tamer or a bard.

Everything has to be perfect for a sampire. Perfect gear...insane button pushing...and a great deal of luck getting through a fight with 66 critters shooting fireballs at you. I play to have fun....and I'm just not having fun with this template. Dropping necro tomorrow....and putting healing back on this dude.
Really?

When I first started the sampire template, I ran around in virtue armor (all 70's no mods...) for the longest time with great success.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. Doesn't ring a bell. I have no idea who your red is.

He is no longer red....he spent the better part of the year I wasn't playing logged in and burning counts!

But someday you may meet him :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idling with the intention of dropping counts is an ........................... exploit!

If you are using the game's (or uoassist) version of "all names" in order to maintain action with the purpose of remaining logged in to the game then you are using a well documented exploit. I saw someone get suspended for remaining logged in idle just last month.

EA had verified this in several announcements, yet still some people think it's okay to bend the rules to give themselves an advantage. But the worst scenario is when you have the pot calling the kettle black.

A

Aang

Idling with the intention of dropping counts is an ........................... exploit!

If you are using the game's (or uoassist) version of "all names" in order to maintain action with the purpose of remaining logged in to the game then you are using a well documented exploit. I saw someone get suspended for remaining logged in idle just last month.

EA had verified this in several announcements, yet still some people think it's okay to bend the rules to give themselves an advantage. But the worst scenario is when you have the pot calling the kettle black.
So staying logged in at Luna bank with your journal open is an exploit?

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zuckuss said:

I play a spy, spending hours sometimes sitting listening to roleplayers give away their secrets; to stay logged in I just have to chat in guild channel every 20 mins. Talking to guildmates is not an exploit thank you very much.

On Topic: I love teapots... I have a collection amounting to about 120, was very excited when I found out they could be Tokuno Dyed!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Wrong.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh come on Flutter, you should know.

Using "show names" with the intent to stay logged in IS an exploit. Where you rank it on the exploit hierarchy is up to you. When you are using a means means to "work around" the murder count system, that is not intended for the game, it is an exploit. The devs did not intend for players to be remained logged in for an unlimited amount of time. Thats why they put the obvious idle timer. The show names option conflicts with that and it has been stated numerous times that players are not intended to remain logged in after a certain period of being idle.

Sure they may not bann everyone that does it cause alot of people do it quite frankly. But there are many instances of people getting punished for it one way or another in the past.

Its not like I would make it up!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are pretty huge assumption you made when you jumped through that hoop.

I am semi retired and spend 8-10 hrs a day at a work station with a laptop. Exactly how hard it is for me to stealth around moving a few steps every five or 10 mins. Yes sometimes the game logged me out, not like it mattered I was feeling no urge to comeback and play and it cost me nothing to be in game.

Legal multitasking isn't hard. I wasn't idle...I was doing something, I was burning counts by stealthing around Fel, one step at a time!

If a GM ever wanted to stop by and say hi I was there to have a nice chat with him!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright, enough of the exploiting debate. Del didn't start the thread to watch people bicker about what's considered an exploit or not, and frankly I'm not in the mood to deal with a bunch of fighting, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly where this thread is going.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are pretty huge assumption you made when you jumped through that hoop.

I am semi retired and spend 8-10 hrs a day at a work station with a laptop. Exactly how hard it is for me to stealth around moving a few steps every five or 10 mins. Yes sometimes the game logged me out, not like it mattered I was feeling no urge to comeback and play and it cost me nothing to be in game.

Legal multitasking isn't hard. I wasn't idle...I was doing something, I was burning counts by stealthing around Fel, one step at a time!

If a GM ever wanted to stop by and say hi I was there to have a nice chat with him!

Then you will have nothing to worry about. Doing it unattended is what makes it an exploit.

I thought it was unattended though because you said:

He is no longer red....he spent the better part of the year I wasn't playing logged in and burning counts!

But someday you may meet him :)
But thanks for clearing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.