• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things I would recomend when using SA

T

TheGrayGhost

1) Make sure Vsync is on and FPS is set to 60. When first logging in and running around it just didn't seem to look right and started to give me a headache. Vsync and FPS up to 60 fixed this problem. I have a newer Moniter than most and it's high end so likely most will have to do this.

2) Turn brightness up. 100 looks a lot better.

3) Turn on Hold Shift to seperate Stacked Items. This lets you simply drag and drop the stacks of gold that drop on the ground at champs spawns on you with no additional clicks.

4) Turn on Always show health, mana and stam. Just something nice to have.

5) Turn off legacy chat if you want to bind any keys for macro's or such. This is more of a curtesy as you no longer spam spells durring events when simply trying to chat oO.

6) Make sure Legacy containers are off. While some may like the old containers, they just don't work the same in SA. It sucks, but what can you do. Items don't seem to show up in them with Legacy Containers on but they may simply be because I used KR to put everything in them.

7) If you're having trouble seeing the font you can change it by right clicking on the tab.

With that the rest is pretty much personal prefference.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4) Turn on Always show health, mana and stam. Just something nice to have.
Alternately, you can pull a new hotbar and set it 3 deep (just grab the corner and pull it left until you have the number you need), then open your character sheet and pull the icons for health, mana and stamina into the open slots. These will change color as you approach minimum.

I personally have a hotbar of 6 up at the top of my screen to somewhat mimic UOA - HP, Mana, Stam, Bandage Counter, Weight, Gold.

T

TheGrayGhost

Alternately, you can pull a new hotbar and set it 3 deep (just grab the corner and pull it left until you have the number you need), then open your character sheet and pull the icons for health, mana and stamina into the open slots. These will change color as you approach minimum.

I personally have a hotbar of 6 up at the top of my screen to somewhat mimic UOA - HP, Mana, Stam, Bandage Counter, Weight, Gold.
Glad you posted those, I haven't a clue why I didn't. I miss that from the BB_Enhanced but this works just as well. I have my follower count at the end of my summons bar so I can see how many I have out already while casting. SA is better about there pet bar to the right staying out but it's an old habbit from KR and it's just nice to have it there lol.

An Addition I would like to add for those that haven't used KR much or at all.

8) I would recomend you set corpse view to grid. While many may like the old style of dragging things around the corpse to get to the goodies below, those goodies are generally in my bag by the time most get to where they would have been simply because with the grid form I can see pretty much every thing in a second and simply right click what I wish to grab. Don't have to drag anything. That is of course as long as no one has cast Animate dead on the corpse oO.

H

Helfgrim

"you can pull a new hotbar"

How do you do this first step?

T

TheGrayGhost

"you can pull a new hotbar"

How do you do this first step?
Right click on your main hotbar and select "New Hotbar". You can make as many new hotbars as you need (At least I haven't hit the max yet lol) this way.