• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things and People I miss from back in the day

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PTC and Jean-Luc... he was great! Clinked many a thread of mine. Does he ever drop in to say hi?

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i miss standing outside of vesper bank saying "bank" and not having the bank open. then running all around the bank saying "bank" and not having the bank open. then running inside the bank and saying "bank" and not having the bank open amizingly i went there other day and it still wont open the bank half the time

L

lols

I miss the Frost Merchants vendors, that brought people out into the Compassion Desert, and in turn brought me customers at Vel's Magical Wares.

I also miss the black market auction house and the elven auction house. There were always so many people at those auctions, and a lot of fun stuff.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah BME was so awesome. I became a shopoholic at those auctions!

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since joining the military, I havent had as much time as i'd like to play UO, but I still find plenty of time to do it... I miss having more time i guess... heh

S

SUPRsalad

Days like these.. When the ground is mud, and the precipitation comes in slant-ways, and my poop smells like irish whiskey and my head spins when i look at my shoes...

I miss UO and all my old comrades.. :(

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hugz* me too... (pours out a beer for all the lost comrades)

Days like these.. When the ground is mud, and the precipitation comes in slant-ways, and my poop smells like irish whiskey and my head spins when i look at my shoes...

I miss UO and all my old comrades.. :(

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles* Awww... thank you for the mention of PTC.
Good to know its still remembered by folks!

D

Duke X. Winter

well, we don't call him 'brutal B' for nothin..
YOU LIE! You DO call him brutal B for nothing! SINNER! By the power of Greyskull I smite thee!

*sighs* I've had too much coffee this morning.

T

TaRgmWhiteWolf

I miss playin a game I actually gave a sh*t about. freakin wow was ok, but there is NO community other then your guild.

B

Bud_Weiser

Let's see:

I miss looting people in Tram. Specifically: Having Zellorian on his stealth herder working the front door at Destard and then looting the aftermath.

I miss Fingers McGee.

I miss walking into a dungeon enforce with AYL and BUB, then watching people say "screw this" and leave.

I miss hanging outside Destard with Milkman Dan, Zellorian and the rest of AYL, BS'ing by the old 2 Story White Marble... just waiting to see the ghosts running back to corpses that have been looted :)

I miss stealing things that are actually worth stealing... like Silver Katanas of Vanquishing.

I miss the noteriety of the Skara Brea moongate in Fel.

I miss BUB hugs.

I miss jacking people's gear at Buc's Den / Vesper Gate.

I miss killing script miners in Minoc.

I miss hanging out at WBB with the Soulbanes.

I miss luring a bunch of nasties in Covetous level 3 to the people raising thier skills... and looting the aftermath. :p

I miss UO prior Patch 16.

I miss the One Stop Shop / PTC.

.... *sigh*....

S

Skaith

I miss the clubhouse not sure what it was called DJ Sandman would know but it was live
on UO radio I think friday nights

that was aswome

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss:
Pacific Trade center(PTC), I remember holding empty pockets drooling.

Buster Soulbane's Trapped box murder sprees at WBB.

Grandpa Soulbane using pots to flag on npc's to get guard whacked in town.

I miss Fame farming with Jake, Elyk, Bones and Elmer the Miner at the WW's in fel Ice.

I miss AyL,and Xild, and Cove.

I miss Pandora's Box mall, near Vesper.

S

SUPRsalad

I just miss UO. I talked with my wife about the possibility of ever coming back yesterday. She said 'You would need to be SO on top of your ****. I mean, you could play given that EVERYTHING else in our lives is finished and done'

in layman's terms: no. and. never.

On a side note: I'm still allowed to make sigs. I love making sigs.

D

DanGarion

First and foremost I miss OTW and all those that were involved in OTW at one time or another, Maro, Minty, Reinhart, Jeanne Kynn, JAWS, Goku, and everyone else who's names I've forgotten. :(

Next it's PRC and all the guilds (RSB, ORC, AOE, DRO, CoN, Elf, EFS, etc) and people who contributed willingly, and even those who did it just to take advantage of the RPers...

And last I miss working on PRC with one of the best friends I've ever had, Valen. It's not every year that I drive 1000+ miles to hang out with someone I've never met in person.

UO was a huge part of my life for 5+ years.

It's crazy looking back at all the fun we had back then...
http://www.councilofnine.org/rp/
http://www.councilofnine.org/rp/war/index.html

Attachments

D

Duke X. Winter

First and foremost I miss OTW and all those that were involved in OTW at one time or another, Maro, Minty, Reinhart, Jeanne Kynn, JAWS, Goku, and everyone else who's names I've forgotten. :(

Next it's PRC and all the guilds (RSB, ORC, AOE, DRO, CoN, Elf, EFS, etc) and people who contributed willingly, and even those who did it just to take advantage of the RPers...

And last I miss working on PRC with one of the best friends I've ever had, Valen. It's not every year that I drive 1000+ miles to hang out with someone I've never met in person.

UO was a huge part of my life for 5+ years.

It's crazy looking back at all the fun we had back then...
http://www.councilofnine.org/rp/
http://www.councilofnine.org/rp/war/index.html
The PRC = The wind beneath my wings.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently I'm not up on my info. Not everyong can be like Slave, you know.
But Duke X. Winter = Winter from PRC?
I've missed you and your goblets of hot cocoa, sir! *Hug!*

D

Duke X. Winter

Apparently I'm not up on my info. Not everyong can be like Slave, you know.
But Duke X. Winter = Winter from PRC?
I've missed you and your goblets of hot cocoa, sir! *Hug!*
Yes, I was Duke Winter on PRC. I'm not Winterfall though. I think that was their name...wasn't it? I think they played a dragon or something...I don't know. I had a couple different names on PRC (used for RP) but I think that the only Winter name I had was Duke Winter.

Not that I mind being hugged, but ah...are you sure you have the right Winter? I can't seem to recall hot cocoa.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh damn. Failure. =[
Now that you mention it, I remember Winterfall and Duke Winter. It's just been a really, really, really long time since we were all in that channel talking about ridiculous things.