• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Things a person notices while stealthing about

D

DPudding

I have a supernoob. He's got hiding and stealth and little else.

While lurking....I've noticed a sudden lack of a certain group who shall remain nameless.

Also...I watched a guy burn six val hammers.

I made 7500 in gold and got a nice mace from a dude that logged in a hotel room and left a bag for another character. Picked that right up and waited til he came back. hehe I may have the lack of morals necessary for thieving!

I had no idea stealth was this much fun!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is one of my favourite skills. Get it up to 120 and traps...poison and even earthquake spells seldom reveal you....

The stealth around a rat spawn driving people nuts by popping up long enough to cast a spell...then disappearing and stealthing off again!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The group you mentioned still exists only in 2 different guilds now.

Six val hammers is sick.

And I hope you warned the guy that leaving crap on the floor isn't the best way to transfer goods. LOL! Wow why do people do stupid stuff?

D

DPudding

I watched him look around for it....and curse.

Well...have a nice week everybody. I'll see y'all 'bout Friday.

C

Corvak

Seeing as he saw fit to transfer 7500g, it's very possible he was less than 15 days old - thus he owns no house.

Without housing, your options for transferring between characters are, finding someone you trust, or using an inn somewhere fairly remote. I did it when I was waiting out the 15 day house timer when I started.

M

Moreeg

Seeing as he saw fit to transfer 7500g, it's very possible he was less than 15 days old - thus he owns no house.

Without housing, your options for transferring between characters are, finding someone you trust, or using an inn somewhere fairly remote. I did it when I was waiting out the 15 day house timer when I started.
I did the same on a few occasions... but I always went to an inn that had cabinets, and put the stuff in there. Not MUCH better, but at least anyone passing during the log off/log on wouldnt see anything on the floor! :)

C

Corvak

Yeah - Once I met my guild, it was fine - My guys were friended to a private house, so I could transfer safely.

Most new MMOs get around this problem by having a mail system.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my favorite things to do when bored or wanting to train is to stealth around a bank somewhere (usually New Haven) with a fish or a skull or some other weird object, and "chase" people with it. Follow them around, dropping it and picking it up as you go, encircle them with it, etc. It's funny to see how long it takes people to notice, and they usually have a good time trying to chase the stealther. :p Just silly things like that to break the monotony. The ones who freak out over a "possessed" fish chasing them are the best.

Although it's not all so fun... I've accidentally been privy to conversations I'd rather not have heard while training stealth late at night in Luna... ;0; But I try to block those memories.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although it's not all so fun... I've accidentally been privy to conversations I'd rather not have heard while training stealth late at night in Luna... ;0; But I try to block those memories.
This just made me think... Luna late at night is a lot like UHall. It's a place not many people are fond of, and late at night only the dregs of society are found lurking about.

M

Mirage

I have a stealther too.

I saw Flutter picking her nose once.

Mir

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ummmm no! That's all I'll say!
*Hands Flutter a mint*

It would suck if you deadly poisoned someone by breathing bugger-breath in their direction... you could get guard-whacked, you know :D

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pffft. I feel more sorry for the person that saw me doing um...unmentionable things when I thought I wasn't being watched.

*sinckers*

*giggles*

*laughs*

*looks guilty*

*Logs into a website not appropriate for this thread*

:blushing:

D

DPudding

I don't know...my imagination can be much more gross than reality sometimes. So spill it, Mr Fart.

D

Dixie

Yes. Translated, she was saying that her father is offering you 5 goats in exchange for your marriage to her.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol actually it is latin and roughly translates to " you too Mirage?"

Made famous by Julius Ceasar. After Brutus stuck a dagger in his back, he responded... Et Tu Brutus?

D

Dixie

well that interesting story arc of julius ceasar just fizzeled into nothingness. thanks tw.

M

Mirage

lol actually it is latin and roughly translates to " you too Mirage?"

Made famous by Julius Ceasar. After Brutus stuck a dagger in his back, he responded... Et Tu Brutus?
Dang, and I watched both seasons of Rome on HBO....and didn't get that!!!

Oh well..so much for a budding romance..

Mir

D

DPudding

Rome probably didn't have him say it. Cause there's no historical evidence that says he did. Truth is...people who were there have written that he said nothing....that he pulled his toga over his head when he saw one of his friends (Brutus) stabbing him.

Just as mark Antony never made the "Friends...Romans...Countrymen....lend me your ears" speech. The Et tu, Brutus....probably came about from the play written 1600 years after he was stabbed 23 times.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When did this turn into a history lesson? I thought we were talking about DP booger breath??

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nooooooo! Don't do it, Mir!:hahaha:

*Thinks of the 'Key to the City' scene in 'Spider Man 3' where the little kid yells "No, Spider Man, No!"*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's it, the BOTH of you! Flutter, and Calina! You owe me a new keyboard, as I just spit beer all over mine laughing.