Thieving...is it worth it?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Caelas

Hey there, I've never had a thief before, so i figured I'd make one, along with making him a beggar :lol:

I'm not sure if I want to go PvM thief or PvP thief. I suck at PvP fighting, and I realize the idea is to get in and out undetected, but that doesn't always happen, now does it? Is PvM worth it?

Also...template. I was thinking:

Beggar: 100 (Gotta GM that, come on!)
Stealing
Snooping
Hiding
Stealth
Ninjitsu
???

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
I'm not very good at PvP either, but I play a mean PvP thief. It's all about the technique. With wolf form, shadow jump, smoke bombs, shadow strike, and some other tricks, a thief can become a pretty challenging toon to kill. Careful if you choose the PvP thief route, however: it can become addicting.

PvM stealing... Well, if you decide you're interesting in PvP thieving, check out this website: www.uothief.com

M

Mairut

PVP thieving is very, very addictive. And depending on how you work your thief... well, not all of us find it necessary to go undetected at times. It all depends on what you plan on stealing, and how you want to work. And just like Syrus, I suck at pvp fighting.

It's possible to have more skills on your thief than just the 7. I have 8 and one or two are at 120 (right now 820 skill points)...And vollems from the crystals ^.^ For some reason, the pvprs on my shard don't like the sight of a pair of vollems....

On a side note, you can run a thief completely nekkid and still make off with some nice stuff. And you can train it without the use of anything (including a friend or packies). It's much more time consuming, though.