• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

thief stats

ninjaijk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a question for you experts in the arts of shadows :)
my pvp thief so far is:
steal
snoop
hide
stealth
ninja
magery
meditation

my first question is:will this work in pvp theft?considering that this is my first and only character i think 110 marery(i actually manage to got a power scroll :p) is usefull to do a bit of pvm too.should i swap it for wrestle or other weapons?

second:wich should be stats for a template like that?

thank you,and may shadow hide you.

S

Sneaky T

I roll that template from time to time but found that magery wasnt really worth it. Consider throwing in detect hidden and tracking. These are great skills to mess around with people and they will help you find targets. When I'm stealing off other players I can't be bothered to cast any spell except animal form to get away. Soul stones are awesome because of the ability to swap skills based on what kind of thieving you want to do. As for stats, I roll 110 str, 80 int, and 65 dex. Happy thieving!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on who you're up against, quickly casting invis or arch cure has saved my ass quite a few times.

ninjaijk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok what i learned so far.
magic can be left home,but personally i cant go out without.mark on the run,invis,gcure,gheal,res,gate,and 110 weapon skill are all too nice to me.
medit is definitly not necessary on a thief.
detect hidden could be fun from time to time,but i have found a major flaw:given the fact that detect drammaticaly raise your chance of passive reveal,if you are not the only thief at the spawn this can be a problem.if you reveal for mistake the other thief he will be killed,but all pvmers will be more cautionous from that time on.plus it cant be used at all if you work with a fellow thief.
but there is another skill i've found to be quite funny for a thief is spell weaving.furies are nice to distract monsters wile you steal from them.but the really good thing is auto resurrect.with gm sw and little focus you can make it 7-8 minutes long.every time i leave town i cast it.basically im always under a gift of life at every time when out in the wild.it is specifically useful when you are at a spawn,and get killed by environment.if you go out and res you will almost certainly loose the champ,and this is not good :).and i heard pixies can be useful in pvp,but never test them.
track can be fun,too,plus it add nice dmg to the deathstrike.

so,my teplate will be
steal
snoop
stealth
hide
ninja
mage

last skill:tracking or spellweaving.i do have both on stones,but they are usefull in the same situation.what do you suggest to be my first?
do you think my finding are corrects?are 100 points well invested on gift of life and furies?or it is better to "own" the shadows with tracking?

S

Sneaky T

I never thought about detect hidden actually giving me away but your absolutly right. It can be a hinderance. On the other hand, it can be a big help. The other night I was revealing a guild doing the arachnid spawn and they were dropping like flies. I made it outta terra keep with 6 SOT's. I also use it along with tracking to reveal those pesky stealth archers and watch them die. Detect hidden is more of a fun factor for me and like I said in the post above soulstones are sweet! My thief is never really "done" because I keep stoning in new skills to what works best. Happy thieving!

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine is eval magery snoop steal ninja hide and i think focus...... working ninja again on him for another guy....

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you want magery? I ask because if it isn't for invis then I'd suggest chivalry. I use chivalry because you don't need it that high for the vital spells such as heal, cure, sacred journey and divine fury. Divine fury because it refreshes stam. Also you don't need regs or anything except donated gold. Remove curse and dispel evil helps too.

You don't really need karma for the basics here, it only really helps for the remove curse and dispel evil and if you really want that just keep get karma up through some simple stuff, not hard too do.

I maintain it around 30 or so just for heal, cure and sacred journey.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I run a funky template...

Stealing 120.0 75.0
Stealth 120.0 75.0
Magery 110.0 90.0
Ninjitsu 101.4 75.4
Fencing 100.0 100.0
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Snooping 100.0 90.0
Poisoning 80.0 80.0
Str 105 105
Dex 96 89
Int 56 56

There are some definite perks, sometimes I can inflict Lethal Poison on that annoying scripter I find chopping wood or mining for example. I also get access to Shadow Strike which is VERY useful, it bypasses the cool down timer after a steal... get chased see a mongbat and **Whoosh** I'm hidden...

As to why I chose Magery, even without eval, I can still Gate folks around if necessary, I get a wider range of support spells than Chiv gives. Sometimes when my alts Guildmates are running spawns I'll use my Thief to recon for Raids, and act as a mobile Rez Point for them. Magery gives me a wider arrange of options for the character beyond just being a "Thief".

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
may as well post my template, dunno how good it would be on prodo but it rocks on siege.

110 magery*
110 necro*
120 stealing
100 snoop
100 hiding
85 stealth
75 wrestle

*magery and necro will be 120 once i get a scroll for them

i could technically drop necro lower and put wrestle up to 120 but i don't have an extra soulstone to spare at the moment. this template is great for disarm stealing and really really helps stay undetected at spawns until AFTER the boss drops. (wraith form)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we be posting:

100 stealing (120 with shadow leggings)
100 snooping
100 hiding
80 stealth (100 with shadow leggings)
100 wrestling (for disarm and stun)
70-75 ninja (can be boosted with jewelry, good for animal form and shadow jump)
40-50 chivalry ( for healing, recall spell, cure. Can be boosted with jewelry)
100 detect