• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief/Peacemaking

C

chanshaw

120 Stealing
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Magery
100 Musicianship
100 Peacemaking
100 Snooping

Just wondering if this is a viable template for a thief, Ive never used peacing so I'm not sure.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why you'd want to do that, I would assume thinking to use it to break someone's lock on you so you can hide after a steal? That won't really work because by the time your skill cooldown from using peacing is over anyone with decent keyboard macro's would have re-targeted you already.

I don't see any situation where peacing would help you before a steal either, since you're then revealed, and since peacemaking doesn't freeze them they can either just kill you or take one step, either of which ruins your chance to steal.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Stealing
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Magery
100 Musicianship
100 Peacemaking
100 Snooping

Just wondering if this is a viable template for a thief, Ive never used peacing so I'm not sure.
Used to be a fun template to play back in the days of looting in Trammel, but in regards to thieving, the only thing I can see peace being good for, is to get down to the dangerous areas of dungeons without needing to worry about the monsters...la

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to be a fun template to play back in the days of looting in Trammel, but in regards to thieving, the only thing I can see peace being good for, is to get down to the dangerous areas of dungeons without needing to worry about the monsters...la
...letting people know you're coming the entire way :D Better just to stealth down.

I would pick up a better support skill instead, many people use ninja for smoke bombs and animal form for a fast getaway, personally I use necro so I can go into wraith form and not be bumped while waiting around the altar in a spawn, or while people are running around fighting in luna.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
...letting people know you're coming the entire way :D Better just to stealth down.

I would pick up a better support skill instead, many people use ninja for smoke bombs and animal form for a fast getaway, personally I use necro so I can go into wraith form and not be bumped while waiting around the altar in a spawn, or while people are running around fighting in luna.
I have fo agree ninjitsu is almost a must any where but Siege, thanks to passive reveal and evem on Siege it has it's uses. I think shadow strike alone ut weighs the usefulness of peacing. I'd swap music and peace for ninjitsu and fencing myself.