• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief of the Week would you like it to return.

Who wants Thief of the Week/Month to return?

• Yes - Bring it back

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No - I'd rather not see it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care anyways.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
One of the things I want to see is "Thief of the Week/Month" being returned.
I want to know how many folks actually want this, and would like to see it happen.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There are a couple more days on this, but as it stands it looks like Thief of the Week/Month will be returning.

Here's some of what me and Nonel have planed so far though.

There will be a few guidelines for submissions... which will be explained in the initial thread for it.

If not enough submissions come in during a week then we'll switch it to a Bi-weekly or possibly a contest that runs the entire month. This will give 2-4 weeks for people to submit steals.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think bi-weekly or monthly would be better... I've made some pretty nice steals lately (1.0 Taming SoT, 1.0 Archery SoT, 115 Mage, etc). When entering do we need to submit screenshots? If so, does anyone have a link to a good program?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Pick one

Most folks used to use UOSU or UO Screenshot Utility, but most the links for you find are broken. I'd look through the screen capture utilities listed there and find something that will work good for you. Other folks might have suggestions as well.

But yea Screenshots will be a requirement more or less without them it becomes nothing more than someone saying they did something..

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Screenies of the steal in action, not after the fact, will certainly earn more consideration.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love to see it happen, but at least from my experience, there weren't all that many participants. When I stopped posting my thefts, I noticed that there was a withdrawl around the same time....not that I am solely responsible. I'd love to see the community prove me wrong and show me what they can do. Maybe I'll start posting again myself....but rather see others in action.

:D

Back in action after a small hiatus.....I wish all of you the best of luck, your fingers nimble and swift, and your marks plentiful.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Love to see it happen, but at least from my experience, there weren't all that many participants. When I stopped posting my thefts, I noticed that there was a withdrawl around the same time....not that I am solely responsible. I'd love to see the community prove me wrong and show me what they can do. Maybe I'll start posting again myself....but rather see others in action.

:D

Back in action after a small hiatus.....I wish all of you the best of luck, your fingers nimble and swift, and your marks plentiful.
Me and Nonel talked about it a bit, and were discussing making it just a monthly contest, let everyone post their best of the month then seeing about getting some of the stratics staff to judge it :p

C

Chronic Apathy

If I can figure out how to take a pic I will post mine... But I haven't had alot of luck YET. Unless a huge amount of pots and bandies count.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and Nonel talked about it a bit, and were discussing making it just a monthly contest, let everyone post their best of the month then seeing about getting some of the stratics staff to judge it :p

Ok and are we doing one for this month? = )

So, we are limited to just posting one steal per person?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I shall dust off my old thief tonight and see what I can find out there. Targets are limited on Napa at the best of time and when you take out my guildmates Fel targets slim down even more....yet I shall do what I can.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's just skip July and start in August, since we're already so far through the month.

And I don't see any reason for you to be limited to 1 posting a month. There aren't enough active thieves to go and put limits like that. But its possible only your best will be put into voting.