• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thief of the Month - February 2011

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
An EM theft to start out 2011, lets keep it going!

Post your best steals. Pics of the theft taking place win a little extra favor.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Big mean TB PK was in my cotton field picking MY cotton!!! The nerve! (On siege I have the keep in the middle of Skara across from the cotton field)

I approached clear as day at first, decided to see how close I could get...didn't work too well, ran inside my keep and used a self res (couldn't ignore the plight of my cotton field now!) He was picking over my bones and went back to picking cotton, walking around dropping them into bales first then picking them up...so i followed and picked two up as he dropped them :)

I believe his words were "*tsk* that's not nice!" and right about there is where i stole the rest of the stack of cotton from his pack (all 3 of them) and took off running like a madman towards my keep... (I got away safely :) )

I followed him around a while longer attempting to steal his stack of bandages but he was running around far too much after that :/

I could write up the stories for the 115/120's I've stolen recently but those were straight, easy steals, this one is more funny. There's something just downright amusing about stealing insignificant items from fully decked out, faction geared reds (i don't believe I've ever once actually paid for a poisoned shuriken either, plenty of people keep spares for me)...so for thief of the month i choose to submit my grand theft of 3 bales of cotton! May it win a glorious victory.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do a semi series post about stealing cotton on UHall. I used to have fun posting like that there just to get the posters there to cause a riot, lol.

I remember way back when I posted a story about stealing someone's 1600 rare steaks (they left them laying in my Brit Inn and I walked them to the bank) I think that post had nearly 500 posts in it before it got locked. Half were laughing, the other half were pissed that I would take that precious pile of meat...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I just had to throw this in there.... I stole these off an EM playing Virtuebane at the Dawn Funeral Event on Chessy...

C

chrae

[...] story about stealing someone's 1600 rare steaks [...]
Back in the days of house looting, I looted the main guildhouse of some guild, I dont remember who. They were all very, very sad about the loss of their stuff (the tears were convincing). I was about to call in the PKs to clean out all their people after I had cleaned out all their stuff, but for some reason I just didn't have the heart. So I made a deal with their guildmaster. I told them if they could get me a 60k stack of cooked meat, they could have all their stuff back.

It took them about 2 weeks and about 10 ppl, but they came through like champs and I gave them most of their stuff back, minus a few Vanq's that I let them know I took as a small fee, which they agreed was very generous of me.

I think that chain of events might have created 3 or 4 of UO's first GM chefs, so it was for a good cause.

I know this thread should be about current thefts and not about ancient times, and that one should not be over competitive, but seriously... 1600 uncooked meat??

** PFFT!! **

Just sayin', my meat stack is/was the biggest UO has ever seen.

And if you want it right, it's gotta be done, son.

C

chrae

Hrmm... upon rereading your post, I'm thinking you're using "rare" as in uncommon instead of uncooked. It makes what you did a little more brag worthy. :)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its already March 09, I just cant pick. The cotton theft, or the stealing of VB's clothing. :p Either way, there was no pic of the steal.

And since I know Nexus, I am afraid I have to give him special treatment over this. Thus, he loses and Raptor wins. :D (though the book on Barter Town rocks...)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the real winner is EA, for stealing our stealing skill from us.