• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] THEY PLAYED UO! ROFL!

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:gee:I was waiting for a comment like yours...
(should I have destroyed the item and went on to sobbing in the corner? :stir:)

(it obviously predates the worlds isis dilemma, and was more than likely just another players name, but the string after the name is the comedic part of it "For helping to usher in the age of shadows". Where as multiple other names could cause the same affect, ie: Donald Trump)

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The funniest thing to me is how everyone forgets that Isis was an ancient Egyptian goddess. She was a patron deity and the mother goddess. Nowadays everyone hears Isis and thinks I.S.I.S. A lot of countries don't even use that abbreviation either, I think its mostly a Western thing.

Even with that being said, the title is still pretty ironic.
+1

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
The funniest thing to me is how everyone forgets that Isis was an ancient Egyptian goddess. She was a patron deity and the mother goddess. Nowadays everyone hears Isis and thinks I.S.I.S. A lot of countries don't even use that abbreviation either, I think its mostly a Western thing.

Agreed. The coincidence is unfortunate. Thankfully the group is no longer referred to as ISIS (keeping your name confined to Iraq and Syria doesn't really lend to greater outreach, I assume...), and the goddess' name won't be tarnished.

Now, if you find one titled, "To Islamic State, For Helping To Usher In The Age Of Shadows", I'll be worried. Wouldn't want my castle taken over and all my fancies sold on the black market. :p

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well said.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok... for you old folks out there... or maybe folks who didn't have cable growing up.... check out the link; bring back memories?