• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

They are kill points, not stealing-a-ball points

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 points per sigil per guarding attempt? Really? Does anyone understand how hard it is to maintain just 10 points. Now thieves are going to be able to pick up 80 like nothing.

Thieving in factions is such a minor part of the entire system. Give them silver, that is fine. But kill points should be for killing only. The highest ranked player on Atlantic only has 27 right now. When factions was rather active a few months ago the highest was around 40-50. Back in 2000-2001 the highest ranked barely reached 100 (discounting the point holders who had a lot more).

So lets all just say no to this. Thanks.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is a temporary story line. Let's see what comes from it. I think it is well past time the thieves got some recognition.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hah. Thieves are hardly a "minor" part of the faction system. Plenty of time I've seen nothing but thieves save the towns last-minute from corruption, or defend the sigs to capture. A good group of thieves can often make a difference.

It wouldn't be THAT easy to get them, either. Said sigs would actually have to corrupt, while said thief has to be there to see it.

Of course, this wouldn't be much with a 2 hour corruption timer, but I think the devs are intelligent enough to know that a 2-hour timer is just plain stupid. They're using that on TC so the towns will switch hands more, and they can test the effects on the towns.

Wow, off on a tangent. Anywho, I do agree, however, no incentive for thieves! No No No No!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a temporary story line. Let's see what comes from it. I think it is well past time the thieves got some recognition.
I think it is quite an insult to the thieving profession if this is how they are recognized; stealing inanimate objects from unguarded pedestals most of the time.

W

wee papa smurf

Well on GL if it wasnt for my theif TB would have kept brit sig a few times but me going in there and resetin it has kept it live for a while now and vice versa for the other theives, so in no way is the theives a "small" part of the faction set up :thumbup1:

W

Willow30

Just think of all the kill points you can get from killing one little thief. I see this as a way to spread more points across the board.

R

Rix/\

10 points per sigil per guarding attempt? Really? Does anyone understand how hard it is to maintain just 10 points. Now thieves are going to be able to pick up 80 like nothing.

Thieving in factions is such a minor part of the entire system. Give them silver, that is fine. But kill points should be for killing only. The highest ranked player on Atlantic only has 27 right now. When factions was rather active a few months ago the highest was around 40-50. Back in 2000-2001 the highest ranked barely reached 100 (discounting the point holders who had a lot more).

So lets all just say no to this. Thanks.
how hard will it be to kill this thief? sounds like easy points to go thief hunting
Thieveing is a MAJOR part, how else would you control the towns. It sounds alot more balanced now, a normal thief template wouldn't have much for fighting skills exspecially vs greater dragons so other then stealing sigils for control over towns how else is a thief supposed to reach any rank. Most thieves are squishy anyhow more points they get the more you get from killing them. So hell I say give them 50 points per :)

W

wee papa smurf

how hard will it be to kill this thief? sounds like easy points to go thief hunting
Thieveing is a MAJOR part, how else would you control the towns. It sounds alot more balanced now, a normal thief template wouldn't have much for fighting skills exspecially vs greater dragons so other then stealing sigils for control over towns how else is a thief supposed to reach any rank. Most thieves are squishy anyhow more points they get the more you get from killing them. So hell I say give them 50 points per :)
you havent fought the the THIEF'S<< (for nonel) on Great Lakes, most of them are harder to kill than some others simply for there stealth and hide capabilities rolleyes:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem I have with this.. is you only have to guard for 2 hours. A thief steals early in the morning, holds it for 2 hours because no one is on and then pow they get 10 points. Now if they lower the purification time to 1 day? or less... Then thieves will be getting 10 points a day and wont be dying much because most of the time sigils wont even be fought over. Sigils will be corrupted 90% of the time and the only time thieves are out is when sigils are uncorrupted. So we're gonna see a lot of thieves with a lot of points and no raiding or defending to trim them points down..

I think the 10 points was fine under the 10 hour corruption period. At least thieves will give points when they die now and you will have more incentive to get them down. It got boring with some of the ppl who just run around with no armor or do suicide runs. Under the 2 hour corruption this is obviously just silly to me. Under the 10 hour corruption it could have worked. But who cares, its the trammies system now.. Now we really have no say in anything that goes on...

W

Willow30

The 2 hour corruption is only for the event. It will be changed after the event is over.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the thief is smart they will transfer all the points they get to their main character for equipping items.

Killing stealthing players is not easy anymore with shadow jump, smoke bombs, auto-stealth, animal forms, 2-second eternal mounting, etc. It is so easy to avoid death as a stealther. You have to get in an unlucky situation or be completely outnumbered.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Points are not hard to come by when there are enough people playing.

This actually brings up another good point. It could be possible for a group of players to conspire and give themselves all the highest ranks in the Faction. Ranks 6 and above are based on a percentile. Thieving is going to be the easiest way to get points now. So players could buy points and lock people out of getting items above rank 6.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... i have no comment on this...

I think pub 56 for faction is a BIG BIG mess hahaha

Too many changes input at once...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It not even like you have to join the NPC thief guild to play a thief in factions. All you need is 80 skill points. Throw that on a dexer, tamer or mage, and steal the sigils and then pull the skill points off...la

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the thief is smart they will transfer all the points they get to their main character for equipping items.

Killing stealthing players is not easy anymore with shadow jump, smoke bombs, auto-stealth, animal forms, 2-second eternal mounting, etc. It is so easy to avoid death as a stealther. You have to get in an unlucky situation or be completely outnumbered.
A very rare occasion. I agree here. Ninja is way over powered. Animal form and smoke bombs mainly. Smoke bombs need to be on a 20 -30 second timer or something. If you are a thief and you die a lot.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It not even like you have to join the NPC thief guild to play a thief in factions. All you need is 80 skill points. Throw that on a dexer, tamer or mage, and steal the sigils and then pull the skill points off...la
You don't even need 80 skill. You can have 20 skill and get 60 from items. (15 ring, 15 brac, 10 burgler's bandana, and 20 from shadow dancer leggings.) It's only 4 more items to carry around and it's reduced insurance so you wouldn't even notice money wise.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't even need 80 skill. You can have 20 skill and get 60 from items. (15 ring, 15 brac, 10 burgler's bandana, and 20 from shadow dancer leggings.) It's only 4 more items to carry around and it's reduced insurance so you wouldn't even notice money wise.
Except some of us don't play prodo shards.

With the new items in play, there has to be a way for faction thieves to get kill points. In most cases, thieves don't get many kills and typically, killing another thief dosn't result in a kill point.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except some of us don't play prodo shards.

With the new items in play, there has to be a way for faction thieves to get kill points. In most cases, thieves don't get many kills and typically, killing another thief dosn't result in a kill point.
Why does there have to be a way for thieves to get points? What about the items? As far as I'm concerned the rank system is broken and most thieves are rank 2 - 6 anyway. That makes most of the items available.

Even if thieves get points (which i'm for). Why does it have to be 80 (10 each, 8 sigs) for stealing something when other people most likely aren't on.... I'm all for giving thieves some points, but they should in no way be at the top of the score board. 80 points for stealing the sigs every day, maybe even every other day will give thieves hundreds of points a week. Points most people will just transfer to point holding characters.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think it should be 1 point/100 silver per town taken, 10 is way to much in my opinion.

can sigils be made stealable from other players! pretty please!

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tracking and detect hidden help a lil bit.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cardell ... you need to remember the 2 hour timer is only for test center. Draconi stated that yesterday. Think about this. Even if they shorten the corruption timer by HALF on live release ... the thief has to take the sig from the town stone, and still be on that character when the sigil corrupts for their faction.

Now, say I get the Brit sig off town stone (talking your backyard here - with my E-go thief on GL) ... do you really think I am going to manage to be on with my thief 5 days later when/if we actually manage to corrupt it? Really?

I am not trying to say 10 pts per is the right number, but this is NOT going to be as easy as you think on live shards.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does there have to be a way for thieves to get points? What about the items? As far as I'm concerned the rank system is broken and most thieves are rank 2 - 6 anyway. That makes most of the items available.

Even if thieves get points (which i'm for). Why does it have to be 80 (10 each, 8 sigs) for stealing something when other people most likely aren't on.... I'm all for giving thieves some points, but they should in no way be at the top of the score board. 80 points for stealing the sigs every day, maybe even every other day will give thieves hundreds of points a week. Points most people will just transfer to point holding characters.

Well, I guess you're presuming that the rank system will never be fixed? You may be right there lol, otherwise, thieves would need some way to get points if they wish to utilize the new faction items.

Further, I didn't say it should be at 80 or 10. I'll let you know what I think in a few days after I've tested more, but keep in mind that PvPer's get to earn kill points every day, 24/7... whereas a thief [or at least mine] would only have the opportunity to earn kill points once during each sigil cycle. I suspect thats why its set at 10, but... that may be too high. I'll give an opinion on that later. Don't really have one atm.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I guess you're presuming that the rank system will never be fixed? You may be right there lol, otherwise, thieves would need some way to get points if they wish to utilize the new faction items.

Further, I didn't say it should be at 80 or 10. I'll let you know what I think in a few days after I've tested more, but keep in mind that PvPer's get to earn kill points every day, 24/7... whereas a thief [or at least mine] would only have the opportunity to earn kill points once during each sigil cycle. I suspect thats why its set at 10, but... that may be too high. I'll give an opinion on that later. Don't really have one atm.
I don't think I've seen one statement saying they were even looking at the rank system to fix it. So, yes, I would assume its not going to be fixed, which means it will still be broken....

I did say I was for thieves get points, just not 80 or 10 per sig. So I'm guessing we are agreeing there.

Where I do not agree with you is where you say pvpers can earn points 24/7. That is one hell of a statement. I guess the only way I can put it is, PvP is harder than stealing, so pvpers should not be 'short-changed' when it comes to getting points. That's pretty much the bottom line. No one gets 80 points a day, a thieve shouldn't either. Now if the thieve were to get 2 points per sig (16 total) this wouldn't even be an issue.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cardell ... you need to remember the 2 hour timer is only for test center. Draconi stated that yesterday. Think about this. Even if they shorten the corruption timer by HALF on live release ... the thief has to take the sig from the town stone, and still be on that character when the sigil corrupts for their faction.

Now, say I get the Brit sig off town stone (talking your backyard here - with my E-go thief on GL) ... do you really think I am going to manage to be on with my thief 5 days later when/if we actually manage to corrupt it? Really?

I am not trying to say 10 pts per is the right number, but this is NOT going to be as easy as you think on live shards.
I thought Draconi said the 2 hour corruption was for the event, not the TC. I know you may not be on 5 hours (assuming its half when it goes live) at a time, but there are plenty of people who are. Thieves included. If they are not on playing, they will sure as hell be on sitting in luna waiting for there points.

I've already stated a few times that I'm for thieves getting points, just no where near 80 at 10 per sig.

S

Saleena

Is all of this stuff just for the even or is it going to stay like this forever & ever??

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have it.

100 silver for every insured item "stolen" from an OJ. Supports real thieving, no point imbalance, a reward to make up for insurance...****, I'd like that.