• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Zoo Collection Armors

J

JoyousGard

Is anyone working toward these.... does anyone own one or all of the sets...

It is a goal of mine and gives me something to think about while taming sheep.

I know it is not even great armor, but it is a status piece and I think I will get a set or mix and match to make a set and that is what I want your opinions on.

The suits are found at UOguide and I have provided their links:
Leather Armor of the Zoo
Studded Armor of the Zoo
Platemail Armor of the Zoo

[I think there is an error with the platemail link as it shows a helm and the others do not... so if the helm is part of the suit then the Total Resists are 60 and the item properties are boosted]

So they all have a little of what is good but not all of what is good.

I am leaning towards all three but probably not platemail because I have more luck on those slots than that. 60 DCI is good though.

Of course I like leather because It gives 75 LRC, 50 RPD and some other benefits (I'd rather MR, but SR would be interesting, maybe I could change my playstyle to accomodate) giving it the most item properties. A downside is that my 30 LRC boomstick does not fit perfectly.

Studded is also a good one because 50 LMC I think would be amazing and I am tempted to just buy reagents because of it.

The open item property slots left are Bracelet, Ring, Helmet, Talisman, Sword, Shield. As this is the ideal "status suit" what are some of the tamer's pieces that fit open slots, Ancient Farmer's Kasa (I think is one), etc.

The shields that are in the legacy dungeons would fit these suits well but a problem with them is the lack of Spell Channeling. Any ideas?

So what are your ideas on making the best suit from these armors and the open slots?

I

imported_Leto

The Zoo armour "sets" don't get bonusses from wearing a full set like for example the Virtue Armour set. So other then prestige, which is good enough in my book
, there is no real reason to use full sets of the armours. And honestly, looking at them they don't look that usefull to me at all. Sure, the Leather and Studded sets are decent armours but at that price you can get much better crafted pieces.

Having said that, if you have your mind set on getting and actually using one of the Zoo armour sets I would go with the Leather LRC set. Add Nystrull's Wizard's hat to top off resists and get some LMC in your suit. If you use a boomstick you already have LRC covered, otherwise get the remaining 25% LRC from your jewlery. Depending on what casting mods you can get from your jewlery you can pick a shield, you'll really need a SC shield though. If you're pressed for skillpoints use the Talisman of Birds, otherwise the Totem of the Void will help boost your LMC a bit. If you're not using a Boomstick you can get a Scrapper's Compendium with some skill mods too.
Something like that might actually make a useable suit, though you will have low/no MR... Good luck!

G

You can go on Test Center and get the suits to try out.

Personally, I like he leather with the LRC.

G

I'm (slowly) working towards a set of the plate for purely aesthetic reasons. Other than banksitting, all the armors are pretty worthless.