• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS The Wiki - and the new Rares database - is live!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The official announcement is over in Maintenance Completion Summary , but I wanted to make sure to point everyone here toward Rares - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics . This has been the project that's kept me busy most of this year, as well as the past 2 or 3 years collecting the info. I'm sure there's errors to be found, but it's as accurate as I could make it.

For anyone who'd like to help fix any errors or add missing info, when you're on an item's page, click on the "Edit" tab. Then on the edit page, look at the top again, and you'll see an Item Editor tab. That editor makes it as easy as possible to add/edit any item info or item properties. If anyone runs into problems, get in touch with me or post on the new Wiki forum, and I'll try to help you out.

Additionally, this is a wiki - you not only can edit, but we encourage you to do so! If you find any items missing, please go ahead and add them, even if you don't have all the info - someone else can always help add the missing info. If you have a new drop from an event tonight on GL, it's likely not in the database yet. Just edit your URL bar to try to go to the not-yet-existant page, and you'll be able to create it - and the item editor is there to help you do that easily.

I really encourage you, if you're adding a new drop, please at least try to make sure that the year and month fields are filled in. Those two are used to help automatically create what I'd guess will be most people's most-visited pages:

http://stratics.com/w/index.php?title=UO:This_Month's_EM_Items
http://stratics.com/w/index.php?title=UO:Last_Month's_EM_Items

Those automatically fill in from those date fields, to show you last month's items and this month's items, nearly as soon as everyone helps to add them.

Also, EM-crafted and EM-written books are welcomed; I added what I could find, but especially for EM books, I know there's plenty that are currently missing. If you can help add any missing items, of any type, please go for it! :)

Last, for anyone looking to help fill in missing info, if you look at the bottom of the main Rares page, you'll find a bunch of lists of items that need your help to fill in the unknowns. Rares - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics

In any case, I'm quite pleased that the wiki is now live and open to the public; I hope you find it useful! :)

Brian

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As the main source of information, @Kincsem , Amaryllis (not this forum member)
I appreciate the cooperation of several other people.

We are seeking information providers of Mugen and SP shards
also,I hope that the Manticore list will come back with the new season.
This wiki project did not go without his list.
And I hope that @Manticore List will be updated in the future.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not a fan of the black background.. makes some of the pictures hard to see if at all. Other than that it is a very good collection of info. Thank you!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@BrianFreud Will this wiki have pictures of all the different past and present holiday gifts? I was trying search for pictures of the different new Artisan Gifts.
Some gifts are in there at the moment, but most aren't yet. If anyone feels like starting to add any missing ones, please do! The list of items I was adding pages for, rather than making the wiki public, kept growing; I made the call to skip gifts so the rest of it could be made available sooner. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@blend
the season 14 list is fully up to date (except mugen), usually updated 1min after event to within 24 hours after event.
numbers are problematic because there are no static drop numbers, i feel the methods ive been using of combined base number plus random points with approximations of true numbers when i can is really the best we can hope for in the current system. that, or list no numbers.
ill continue the S15 list for as long as im able to (unless manticore wants to take it back over, i really just did it because no one else seemed to step up)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
not a fan of the black background.. makes some of the pictures hard to see if at all. Other than that it is a very good collection of info. Thank you!
The wiki tries to set the background for item pictures to white or black, depending on the hue, to try and make the items as visible as possible. It's possible to force the background to switch though (white to black, or black to white) if needed for a particular item. If you spot any particularly hard to see items, PM me the links and I'll tweak them.

ill continue the S15 list for as long as im able to (unless manticore wants to take it back over, i really just did it because no one else seemed to step up)
@Manticore's told me he's using the wiki now himself for the purposes his list previously served.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Manticore's told me he's using the wiki now himself for the purposes his list previously served.
would a simple list be able to be incorporated into the wiki? as much as its interesting, i do find it very difficult for a quick reference quide. also helps for the items to be listed in the order of which they dropped, with more accurate numbers. the wiki is great, i had suggested a wiki in the first place about 2 years ago. but it does seem difficult for a quick reference guide.

i know for me personally, its easier for me to send 1 link to someone who wants to look up an item than tell them to find it on the wiki. a consolidated list on 1 page would solve this issue.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@blend
the season 14 list is fully up to date (except mugen), usually updated 1min after event to within 24 hours after event.
numbers are problematic because there are no static drop numbers, i feel the methods ive been using of combined base number plus random points with approximations of true numbers when i can is really the best we can hope for in the current system. that, or list no numbers.
I just spoke with him the other day and stating that if we give support he would continue the list
It is a list with a history of 20 years
I hope it keeps on with him

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
would a simple list be able to be incorporated into the wiki? as much as its interesting, i do find it very difficult for a quick reference quide. also helps for the items to be listed in the order of which they dropped, with more accurate numbers. the wiki is great, i had suggested a wiki in the first place about 2 years ago. but it does seem difficult for a quick reference guide.

i know for me personally, its easier for me to send 1 link to someone who wants to look up an item than tell them to find it on the wiki. a consolidated list on 1 page would solve this issue.
Something like these you mean?

http://stratics.com/w/index.php?title=UO:This_Month's_EM_Items

http://stratics.com/w/index.php?title=UO:This_Year's_EM_Items

http://stratics.com/w/index.php?title=UO:Last_Month's_EM_Items

http://stratics.com/w/index.php?title=UO:Last_Year's_EM_Items

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, i mean like a list. maybe spreadsheet if you want to get fancy. those same items, but in the correct order. this is extremely useful for determining if a shard has had a drop yet in a particular month, or seeing what the previous months drop was. the way they are presented in the wiki, its just all jumbled.

ideally, also all of the relevant information in one, easy to view format. like you dont have to click around. just see it all at once.

faster load times would also be nice, i have really good internet and the 20 secs load times for the page prevents a fast reference.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I can't do anything about the server's speed unfortunately.

As for that type of list, I can see what's doable. It starts to get a little server intensive forcing a wiki to act like a database that way.

Re: seeing if a shard's yet had it's drop for a month, the "this month's items" page is good for that.

Edit: Rares From 2016 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics (and each other year) gets towards what you're describing.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If some of you send me what I've missed for S14 i'll updated in the next few days. But please send it in a way I list it so that it's easier for me to cut and paste etc...

For example:

Shard
Date, item name with all correct spelling and caps, drop count etc...

thanks

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, give this a try. Sorting by anything other than name is not possible, so I cannot have it be sorted by date instead.

Rares From 2016 (detailed) - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics
thats the right idea, i dont think it would be too hard to arrange it by date, just manually re-type or copy paste the items, and then can keep adding to it, on a seperate page that could be edited to add new items. if it was to be a part of the wiki.

or @Manticore your welcome to use my list to update your original. its up to date as of right now. i basically just kept up with the last few months. not all the dates are there, but its all in order of when the drops occurred. i usually just add the new item right after the event since i go to most of them anyway. most that work was yours, i just changed how how drops numbers were listed to better represent and reflect the the random points system.

Thankyou all. the wiki is great for detailed information, and the list has been my go-to quick reference guide for all these years of rares collecting.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
thats the right idea, i dont think it would be too hard to arrange it by date, just manually re-type or copy paste the items, and then can keep adding to it, on a seperate page that could be edited to add new items. if it was to be a part of the wiki.
"manually" is the key word there. That report is automatically generated, and will update as new items are added to the wiki. Not being able to sort by each page's template parameters (ie date), rather than by the pages' names, is a current limitation of the software itself.