• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The value of PvP gear on Siege

Ox_the_trader

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Here is a thought...... how about in order to draw in additional players - they allow character transfer OUT of Siege with goods and wares and the likes, but not IN - you come in naked and afraid with no skills.....turn the whole thing on its head.

Also, does dying as a red on Siege generate permanent statt loss?

That, along with some of Ms. Freja's ideas and you may have a winning ticket.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No goods should be allowed to leave Siege, that would drain the shard for e-mounts, vet dyes, crystal portals, etc., thing new players will want to buy.

Siege never had permanent Stat loss, it was born without.

And welcome again to Siege, believe I meet you last evening :)

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no items on Siege that anyone wants on any other shard. Siege is a legitimate ten years behind everyone else.

Transfers should 100% be allowed in for naked characters in to Siege.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please explain how letting people transfer to Siege with no items would be bad for the shard.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Long ago, when we lost RoT for a while, we had Power Hour. That was not good for the shard, new PvP'ers came with Prodo shards attitude and hate to red/blue and did not have time to learn about the community before they was ready to kill.
The whole shard was unhappy with it and asked to get RoT back in a little more tweaked version.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please explain how letting people transfer to Siege with no items would be bad for the shard.
The market on PS/Stat scroll/ SoT/Alacrities would decrease drastically...

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the market for everything else would increase drastically.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
transferring created too many dupes, no way!
but bo does agree skill gains should be accelerated or alacrities should drop more often maybe on higher end spawn.
having to wait so long to skill out a character on a 20 year old game is a bit of joke.

or even better, make some sort of alteration to soul stones. call it a skill stone or something fancier, but have it one use, and sellable to another player. So you could buy the skills you want from someone who likes to work them up. This creates a market for power, stat, alacrity, and sot scrolls. This will also make the move here easier. It is pretty easy to get a transfer of gold from atl to here.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or just make the skill gain like every other shard... because that's how the game is supposed to be.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nah.
Then everybody would just try and hide on remote Justice islands, AFKing on wolf spiders...
*wink* *wink*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its funny people cry about the population of siege and how its low and nothing is for sale then when people offer ideas to 100% increase the population by a lot the same 4-5 people who i never even see on siege cry about changes like every thing is ok on the server lol.
It's funny that you assume that WE don't know the issues of siege, and haven't hashed, rehashed and rerehashed them all a dozen times. We have all already talked about skill gain, importing characters, multiple characters, insurance, blah, blah, blah.

You have to realize that the devs aren't going to change anything. Even if we were 100% unanimous they won't do anything. We will never get any dev time. Siege is what it is. We have to deal with it, or move on.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Mesanna @Kyronix Siege do still have a mega item problem, special our PvP'ers do have hard replacing items, I ask nicely if we can get a little help from our Gods :Begging:

So here is what we ask for:
- do away with 3x prices. Gems to normal shards price and better drop of gem from spawn
- Less vendor fee, also for stall vendors
- Better drop of all imbuing resources
- 15% more basis resist on crafted and new loot items
- Better drop of runic tools in heartwood
- Better drop of artifacts, all kind except deco
- 2 char slots
- Maybe half the time between RoT gain

Sure it would be easier to allow VvV artifaces and make them cursed and useable for all but it would be much better to give people a reason to hunt and help the crafters make cheaper PvP gear.
The 15% extra resist remove a painful time eating part of crafting.

:Begging:Find a little Dev time for our shard and you may success draw back alot lost customers who miss pre trammel UO

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all fine with me but no 2nd char slot please!
1 char per account. keep it real Siege!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Bah I do have 6 chars, I only use 3 of them at the moment, I would not close any as they hold guild houses.
I don't really believe it would hurt, as all have 20+ soulstones.

The ones who only can afford one account and few soulstones do have a mega disadvantage.

You start to sounds like Kelmo :p

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Been here a few weeks now, rot isn't so bad. Almost done my tamer, fastest ever!!

My beef is investing in a suit to lose it! How often can you possibly replace aof, 400 luck jewels, luck sandals etc and other good stuff????

Would love to have insurance on what's being worn only.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I rather see it to be easier to replace the items. If you have a jerk running in upper gear, maybe even cheating too, there is no other way to handle him than call a GM,, who may tell, he did nothing wrong. With no blessing and item insurance, you can get a group together and take him down and loot him.

I know it hard to get use to Siege as you may choose to use less expensive stuff but that count for all.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have loved siege so far and as a new person thinks it all is nice... Yes I have yet to find out why skills go up so slow but I am still liking it. People don't want to give it a chance because you die and lose all. I am going cheapest gear I can right now but that's it. Maybe later on I will need better gear but I want to have a vendor for all of the resources I farm and have people actually want them. I am working mining, lumberjack, ect but not sure of the market yet. Haven't set up a vendor yet but I will see about the fees later on ;) I know my input doesn't have much weight since I am so new but I hope to be a great resource and member of siege one day.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Buy and build suits suited to your needs at the time. I would imagine you have some gold, but not enough... never enough...

*snaps out of it*
If you are going to PvP you need good (really good) gear, but work up to that. Start collecting the ingredients for your dream suit/weapon now. There are several folks capable of making some pretty nifty things. Things that can be replaced... at a cost. Most of that cost is the ingredients and the time spent farming. I think. I am just now learning to imbue. (I know, I know)

Just remember some of those cursed artifacts are perfect additions to "high end suits". You have a lot of flexibility here. Think of Siege as a different game you almost know. Without insurance there are just some suits and templates that make absolutely no sense on Siege. You could likely build a 200+ stam suit. I would not recommend it as it would take a lot of time and I do not want to hear any crying when you lose it.

That being said... I am like a roach. I am hard to kill and scurry out of sight quickly. It is my thing and I win anytime I get to keep my clothes on. *smiles*

Before you spend a lot of time and gold on gear... Practice! Ask questions and try different things. I have tried to not rely on being a ninja... I am pretty decent as a straight up running shot/ AI kinda guy. On Siege any way... Remember we play a different game than the Trammel shards. You can get into our game quicker and cheaper than any other shard.

It is almost the same game. Just different. *winks*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing rocks. On Prodo, reforging and all the other Über-Crafting-Stuff is extremely fashionable. But on Siege Imbuing still rocks - you can make yourself cheap and easily replaceable suits and add some arties. I can imbue stuff for your. And I am farming materials all the time...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No goods should be allowed to leave Siege, that would drain the shard for e-mounts, vet dyes, crystal portals, etc., thing new players will want to buy.
I so agree with this. One thing I been so happy to see on all shards is "Shard Bound". As for ROT I love it! I have GM mining, Tailoring, Alchemy, imbuing, lumberjacking on my crafter. Working on Carp, tink.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Your opinion.
Game would be a lot more fun if it existed, should have been more descriptive though, just for the items being worn and nothing else.
I hope we never ever will see Item Insurance on Siege. We need items, that is easier to replace, that be from loot or crafting.

Loosing items is not that bad, just be sure you always have 1-2 suits ready if you lose your suit. No Item Insurance make business to crafters, T- hunters and farmers.
I really want to see more PvP'ers on Siege but Item Insurance is not the solusion.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Insurance is for whimps.
Your opinion.
Game would be a lot more fun if it existed, should have been more descriptive though, just for the items being worn and nothing else.
Learn to PvP using skill at combat instead of a super suit. Train at PvP until your one tough SoB in battle, not just a Pee Wee shrimpy dude helpless without his super suit. If all you can be is a Pee Wee Shrimpy dude in a super suit then stay in prodo fel somewhere, your not up to life on Siege. *laughs*

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Been here a few weeks now, rot isn't so bad. Almost done my tamer, fastest ever!!

My beef is investing in a suit to lose it! How often can you possibly replace aof, 400 luck jewels, luck sandals etc and other good stuff????

Would love to have insurance on what's being worn only.
@Eaerendil Still stupid? or Can't read? Siege as a community can surely help! Does the red color help? ;)

@Tanivar Yes, those items do seem like parts of a super uber pvp suit !!! I can hook you up with some stuff on a prodo shard, so that you can learn what those items are meant for. *smiles*

@FrejaSP The devs are going to do what they are going to do. Though I don't disagree with items being easily replaceable, some items cannot be easily replace, e.g. the ones mentioned above. Also, thank you for being polite :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Eaerendil Still stupid? or Can't read? Siege as a community can surely help! Does the red color help? ;)

@Tanivar Yes, those items do seem like parts of a super uber pvp suit !!! I can hook you up with some stuff on a prodo shard, so that you can learn what those items are meant for. *smiles*

@FrejaSP The devs are going to do what they are going to do. Though I don't disagree with items being easily replaceable, some items cannot be easily replace, e.g. the ones mentioned above. Also, thank you for being polite :)
Yes, I am still stupid. And I don't think it will ever change. Thanks for your tolerance ;)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I opened my account in 1997, id love to play pre trammel fel only ruleset on official servers, but i've logged on tonight and im not sure I have the time to train with this system.

Since the last time i established myself in UO in the 90's i've now grown up, run a house a 60 hour week job and 3 kids. I don't have time for a grind. I just want to play. I don't mind no insurance or working to get a suit etc, but i think virem got it right with 1 way char transfer. Would allow me to at least get stuck in.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Get a Mythic Character Token from the Origin Store, it will let you get 5x 90 skills and get you to the 12 minute RoT, from there you just play the game and do the action being trained every time the timer runs out, no skill hammering required.
yep what he say!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I opened my account in 1997, id love to play pre trammel fel only ruleset on official servers, but i've logged on tonight and im not sure I have the time to train with this system.
It took way longer to train a char in 1997, even when you only could train it to 100.

Since the last time i established myself in UO in the 90's i've now grown up, run a house a 60 hour week job and 3 kids. I don't have time for a grind. I just want to play. I don't mind no insurance or working to get a suit etc, but i think virem got it right with 1 way char transfer. Would allow me to at least get stuck in.
With a Mythic Character Token char token and real PvP skills, you can easy start to PvP, at least as part of a group and have some fun while training. This stat loss poison in VvV can only be used once each 20 min, so when we are fighting in the Sundays battles, I often rejoin the fight with 80 in skills. I can still help my alliance or even fight one of the lesser GIL VvV'ers.

I would believe you can PK a lot of the PvM'er on Siege with only the skills from a Mythic Character Token. Yes you may die sometimes but if a PvM'er should success killing you, he may get a little taste for PvP and maybe be willing to fight an other time.

I don't know how long Virem was training before he started to do VvV, I do remember he was less deadly and it took him longer to take me down.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja is right, I am the best example for a PVM-*****...

...you can kill me with 65 in you PvP-skills. And I wont complain. I got valuable loot in my bags, too. Ain't that an offer?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Get a mythic char token as the others suggested. Then transfer over some gold (you seem to be well set up on prodo). There are several cross shard brokers that will take your prodo gold and give you Siege gold for it. If I remember correctly the exchange rate from prodo to Siege is between 8:1 and 10:1 or something along those lines. Now with a couple of millions you will be able to buy scrolls of alacrity (which work great with RoT) and scrolls of transcendence and you'll be at 120 in all skills in no time!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
yep ;) Most times it is me she is fighting, I suck at PvP, I blame 65 yrs think/wishing I was 20 :p
Bah I'm 61 so only 4 years diff, but I had done a lot more PvP than you so just keep trying. I guess I got better as I'm always one of the first GIL try to take down, unless they go for the easy ones first :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bah I'm 61 so only 4 years diff, but I had done a lot more PvP than you so just keep trying. I guess I got better as I'm always one of the first GIL try to take down, unless they go for the easy ones first :)
Ya that Bow you carry is pretty good to :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry, it break or lost in battle?
Crunch got 3 of my bows, he was/is angry at me, so they are lost :p
Look forward to test the new one

Last edited: