• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cartography] The Twisted Weald....

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ain't it a wonderful place? I went in to finish my LP skills, and happened along just as another person was setting up and I got to watch how they got discorded and understood immediately what I had to do and how to do it. No biggie, I GMed LP in the Weald from 94, in only a few trips to restock.

Went back to finish up my Carto. Kept getting attacked, did some reading, then checked my Karma, and it was very low, like under a 100 low. Went and killed earth ellies for awhile, got Karma up to 1000, back to the weald I go, and no problem. Raised Carto to 95 or so before I ran outta supplies. That was yesterday. Today, I got myself all setup, packie was loaded up, back to the weald, into war mode, attacked satyr, ran around for a few secs, got disco'ed, ran out of the weald, and then back in with the packie...still disco'ed, but now I'm being attacked by a shadow wisp??? Whatever did I do to the shadow wisp? Little bugger wont leave me alone. Back out the sparkly gate, no longer discoed, back in alone, and attacked by the shadow wisp again.

Went back out, went thru the gate to Luna (had to go off server to get the wisp to leave me alone), then back again, stepped inside the weald, all is good, no one attacking, got disco'ed and was attacked by a shadow wisp again.

What am I missing? Karma is at 1100, so that should not be a problem and Karma should only causes a problem with the good guys in the weald anyways...right?

Let me know what ya think I'm doing wrong.

Mac

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there Mac,

Yes, it can happen and it has happened to me. The thing is... It is just like being discorded and you stay within range of the satyr to stay discorded. That is the same with the Shadow Wisp and provocation.

If the Shadow Wisp is still within range of the Satyr that provoked the both of you, it will continue to attack you no matter what you do short of killing the Wisp as Barry mentioned. You have to get the Shadow Wisp out of range of the Satyr before it will stop attacking you. Trail it along farther from the Satyr and invis yourself.

That should solve your problem.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks folks, I didn't even know the satyr could use provoke as well as disco....shows you how long I've been gone, and how much I have forgotten ( not to mention age and memory loss, lol).

Guess it's death to the little bugger. Lol.

Thanks folks,

Mac

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not understand how it is possible to stay discorded but at the same time not be aggroed by the Satyr.

I mean, in order to be discorded one has to attack the satyr but then, how come the satyr does not keep on attacking the player who has attacked it ?

And if one runs away or hides, the discordance does not end right away for loss of sight with the satyr ?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
When hiding or going out the tele the satyr loses aggro. But for disco to break this line of sight has to be cut for like 10secs, it doesent break right away. Thats your window