• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Tower of Kanos

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Catskills Server,

I have been working with the New Magincia player run city, by [Gentle Rest Inn], to develop a story line that revolves around the epic fantasy adventure book series that I am writing called: Sandals of Time. This new content will manifest into a story house with book events but for anyone on any server, located here on the Catskills server.

For this up coming UO event, there will not be a release of series 4 of the story [Sandals of Time] as promised for the Pacific server, not until near the end of the event. I usually have a book event or major movie release for every UO event, but that will be slightly delayed.

Once The Tower of Kanos is up and running in a few weeks and the new release of the first story is out for this spin off project created by The PAWS Soulforge production studio, then I will be working on remastering series 3 which should only take a week or so then back to finishing the writing of series 4.

Anyone can read those stories on the Pacific server thread entitled: The PAWS Soulforge or on the PAX discord channel, that has the same name. Eventually I will be releasing all the stories on all the servers in totality and once finished. If you would like to contact me, send me a Direct message on Stratics or via Discords at Valkari#4059

The Book Events and quests offered on Catskills is for anyone on any server.
The Book Events and quests offered on Pacific is just for Pacific.

==<The Tower of Kanos>==

Located in Felucca New Magincia

This house is a time traveling house with the last Archmage of Atlantis, who is the only keeper of Arcane magic on Sosaria left standing after the Great War. Kanos is not immortal, but he shows up all over time and is from an age of well over a thousand years earlier. Eventually he becomes the highest rank of Arcane arts, known as a Wizard of Time, as he has uncovered the secrets to time and space itself. Over that period from then and now however, his teachings and search for an heir to partake a very dangerous mission, has spread the arcane arts across the realm, at least portions of it. There are many spells that Kanos knows that the world has yet to see.

He is searching for someone, someone who shares an affinity to the ancient dragon Ladon, who might possess an ability for immortality, while also an affinity to water or knowledge, as per the teachings of The Atlantean Inner Circle. So, Kanos begins training the potential Magus of Sosaria, then traveling forward into time and repeating the process. all kinds of students of his discipline go on to do many good and not so well things. Those exploits to a degree will be in the short story [Tower of Kanos] the 5th story to be released in the subset series.

Kanos is specially and directly related to the events of Sandals of Time and is first mentioned in series 3. His search revolves around a hidden purpose and use related to the Skull of the Innate Will that he learns from the only survivors of the Kingdom of Lemuria, a group of 5 priests.

Those who participate with the offered quest events will be able to join the elite group of mages known as The Atlantean Inner Circle. Eventually the work of Kanos will take off into the bridge story after Sandals of Time called
Wizard of Time...but that won't be Kanos...it will be the mage that he finally locates, then trains to be a wizard of time.

As new stories are released, new quests will be offered by Kanos at the tower created in New Magincia. The first quest complete by any character will accept them into The Atlantean Inner circle, while the rest will rank them up. There will be 4 other ranks that a player can be elevated to and a book in the middle of the tower will keep the records of all those who did ascend. Eventually The Wizard of Time could be unlocked. So that means out of the 6 potential quests offered in the future, 5 of them will have to be complete in order to achieve the final rank.

The current plan is to make available The Book of Knowledge written by The Old Ones if the joining quest and all 4 rank quests are completed by a single player. Other rewards for each completion are still pending and being discussed. I might decide to include a likeness of those ascended mages into the story telling of that future project in addition as well.

By the time the short story: Tower of Kanos is released, the entire point of his search will be fully understood, until then it appears that Kanos has been pulled into the realm and at our current state of affairs because of some crystals of unknown power beneath the city of New Magincia. This has trapped him in our current time and for a while or possibly forever. For the moment though, Kanos is unable to proceed further in the future, so while he investigates this oddity, he will continue his search for that magus who he can train to be the heir apparent and vaunted Wizard of Time...like he.

Each insert series that I write will have a new quest on Catskills, at the Tower and given by Archmage Kanos.

**Again: The Tower of Kanos is located in felucca Catskills New Magincia**

Those book subset series of [Sandals of Time] are the following and these will be the book releases that will trigger the new quests offered. This forum post and the PAX discord channel will declare when those events will take place.

1) The Rabbit & The Hound
2) Nightmares: A Love Story
3) Precession of Admiralty
4) The Four Helmsmen
5) The Tower of kanos
6) Honor and The Stone: The First Paladin

While those quests will be available on Catskills, it is open to anyone from any server. However, the Pacific book events will of course continue for that server and it is only available to the Pacific server occupants. This is specifically to honor the city of PAWs, the first most significant player run city in all of Ultima Online and that started on the Pacific Server. Pacific is also the home of the L.O.S.E.R.S. guild that was located within the player run city of PAWs and ImaNewbie and his work can be viewed in my signature address. This historically important accounting is the very reason why the book events for the main story arc are to be offered only on Pacific.
---

Bellow are the main story arcs of the book and at the end of each released series, players will have a chance to add to the story telling.
I will post the winners to-date, so you can see the progress and contribution.

I will also include the first two series of the books here, that are already out, so those who would like to evaluate the work or get immersed with the story telling can and in full.

Sandals of Time Book Event

Book Series 1: The PAWS Soulforge & The Quest for Ladon [Book Event] **Winner** Zara
Book Series 2: Star of Zara [Book Event] **Winner** Destiny and Angel
Book Series 3: The Golden Trio [Book Event] **Winner** Lady Charzana
Book Series 4: Toccata and Feud
Book Series 5: Flight of the White Heron
Book Series 6: The Great Library

The next release for either the pacific server or Catskills is a remastered version of Rabbit & The Hound, and this will start the questing process for Kanos on Catskills. So Stay tuned for that new release, because it will be out shortly and in a couple of weeks. This book is written from the perspective of one of the judges of the story, named Saint Valentine.

Below is a picture of the new tower and soon the Archmage himself will make his appearance...

Tower of Kanos.PNG

Eventually this location will be decorated like The PAWS Soulforge is on Pacific server and as time goes on.

I will be using this thread to post new stories related to The Tower of Kanos and inform the community on new events offered.

Also

The PAWS Soulforge also has a YouTube channel that has 5 videos currently up. Two of them are related to these stories. The PAWS Soulforge acts not only as a story house on Pacific and point of origin for that story telling, but it is a production studio that releases content. All 5 videos are related to the [Sandals of Time] but two of them have unique content for the story telling

Those two are the following:

Rise of the Archlich: Takes place between series 3 and series 4
Song of Valkyries: Takes place immediately after Series 2

Thank you!

Best Regards and fare thee well,

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Last edited:

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Catskills server,

Updated the location and the design of the tower itself. The tower is now located near the portal on the island of New Magincia in Felucca
The new book is nearly done and the first quest is being developed, no solid date yet for that, but I'll post the updated Tower of Kanos.

The Tower of Kanos SW5 Felucca..PNG

So,

Best regards and fare thee well,

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Catskills Server,

Special insert series 1 of 6
of the book series Sandals of Time is being released today called: The Rabbit & The Hound

I have selected special chapters out of the 6 part book series to expand and create its own mini story. This particular book is written by the character Saint Valentine and takes place during the events of series 2: Star of Zara.
That being said, this story is part of the series 3 special edition that will be out in a month, called: The Golden Trio

Saturday 4/22/23 at noon the quest NPC Archmage Kanos will be at his mage tower called Tower of Kanos to launch the game wide quest event. I have created a special mythology revolving around this quest that uses real mythology to help tell the tale and lay the foundation for the 6 part events.

There will be 6 total events planned and as a player participates and turns in the required materials, they will be added to the Atlantean Inner Circle and given the basic rank of {Magus}
If a player completes 5 out of 6 of these quests, they will become the highest rank and will have a likeness of their character included in the second book series/project planed called Wizards of Time. Each turn in will yield a special reward and along the way.

Also, each quest offered does increase in difficulty and the last event will be extremely difficult, but this progressive chain will be open to anyone, anywhere in the game.

The quest hub is located in the Gentle Rest Inn community of New Magincia (felucca)...Use the above picture to find the location in the city. Kanos will be on the first floor of the tower with the light house on the roof.

In game copies of the book of The Rabbit & The Hound will be available at this questing hub on its own vendor and also at The PAWS Soulforge on the Pacific Server.

Please enjoy the story!
And the Quest

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Attachments

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Catskills Server,

The First event 1 of 6 called: Thorvald: A wizard of Time

Is live at the Catskills Tower of Kanos.
Say "Greetings" to start the quest, a questing book with a mythology story shows up in your backpack.

If for some reason you don't get a book
or
If you need help collecting the materials message me on discord at Valkari#4059

Location: New Magincia Felucca ((Quest will be active for 7 days))

KanosEvent2.png
Catskills was selected as a neutral location so anyone playing UO can do the quest. Located at the
Gentle Rest Inn Township there, a major roleplaying hub in the game.

6 events offered over the next year, 5 ranks are required to reach the final rank of Wizard of Time and each quest gets harder.

Again message me at Valkari#4059 if you need help collecting the items or have any questions
regarding the mythology, story, plot or how it ties into the overall story being developed.

Hope you enjoy the quest, at the very least you might enjoy the Norse Saga inspired Chapter 1 of
the Tower of Kanos mythology called: Thorvald and The Grove, included in the quest booklet.

Stay tuned for a new movie short to be released near the end of the UO spring event, that introduces Kanos as a
character into the plot/story arc of Sandals of Time. That movie will be worked on after I finish the remastering of Series 3 and releasing that to the public.

Until then...

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge

Palm Copenhagen

Journeyman
Catskills,

The first Kanos Event was a big success, thank you for all those who participated.
The Next event 2 of 6, will likely include both the Pacific Server and Catskills both.

I will be spending the next few days farming the reward items and contacting the winners.
Until then...

-Palm Copenhagen
&
The PAWS Soulforge