• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Time has come UO vs WoW, Sorry Guys there can only be 1!

• Thread starter Blade_Thugluv
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blade_Thugluv

Well its with a heavy heart that i have to make a choice between UO and WoW. I have been playing both but lately i have only been playing 1.

I have worked 3 of my chars in wow to level 80 now.

It comes down to this though... there can only be one! I had to make a choice of which game to play.

I looked at the following aspects:

Play styles
Over all game play
Player base
Content
How much i enjoy it
Price
Creative aspects
ability to be free

And so the choice was made......

UO WINS!!! I am going to give my WoW account to a friend i think. Its either that or leave it alone and dead. None the less i am sticking with UO.

~Blade

S

S.W.A.T

LOL! I thought you were going to say WoW!
Then I was going to say you'll be back in a few months ;)

T

Tycolby

Lol i was thinking the same thing too SWAT, He would be back in three months.

Glad the pros outweight the cons for you Blade.

Once a UO pix junkie always a Uo pix junkie no matter how hard you try you cant turn the light out forever.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once upon a time I made it to lvl 28 on my Night Elf Warrior and then I realised I was paying to play the equivalent of a console game *IMO* and quit.
Plus, I totally love my houses!!!

B

Blade_Thugluv

yea everyone knows i could never really give up uo. i always come back so i decided why fight the inevitable. Im a UO junkie so wow has to go.

~Blade

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Blade - take a look at that new "Historical" thread

B

Blade_Thugluv

Blade - take a look at that new "Historical" thread
wow has it really been almost 4 years that i have been on LA? i guess i can truly call LA my home now *laughs*

I cant believe you guys found that interview. being able to go back and read it and stir up old memories.

Oh and let me be the first to point out in the Interview i said in the future i would go back to PvM mainly vs PvP mainly and here i am doing more PvM then pvp!!

Basara thank you for that and please let El know i said thanks for holding on to that.

~Blade

T

T_Amon_from_work

You a$$! Ya got me thinking same as the others ... consider yourself soooooo seriously smacked around for that post.

C

Charlton

Mine is a similar story...just in reverse. I left UO a couple of years ago to play EverQuest 2. Then a few weeks ago my wife wanted me to start a WoW accont to play with her since healers are getting to be very hard to find with the constant healer nerfs.

I got an account and played a few weeks, but for some odd reason I was kept being reminded of my days in UO, especially when it came to the fishing and pulling up chests.

And now that I read they are heaping yet another healer nerf on players in WoW (ie the upcoming mana regen nerf) I told her that I just couldn't let history repeat itself like it's doing in WoW with its healers like the big healer nerfs in Dark Ages of Camelot that caused a great healer purge of the game. Now DAoC healers are nothing but 2nd account buff-bots waving in the wind at portals...

But my few weeks in WoW did get me to want to play UO again...and so I re-subscribed. I'm having to learn how to do everything all over again, but in a way it's like coming back to an old home town that you grew up in.

Hopefully I'll learn how to walk and talk and defend myself again soon, 'cause I really want to grab my boat, my pole, sextant, and UO Map, and go a fishin' again like the old times.

T

Tycolby

Charlton was that you in new haven the other day? I showed a new player to the Moongate and gave them a check. Well if you need any help just let us know here on the forums

C

Charlton

Charlton was that you in new haven the other day? I showed a new player to the Moongate and gave them a check. Well if you need any help just let us know here on the forums
No that wasn't me, although I was at Haven yesterday as Vallerion, trying to pick up pointers from the training instructors in order to refresh my memory on how to pick up the pieces and play again.

Kinda sad, really. I first joined UO when Rennaissance came out (EA bought out the game I was playing at the time Legends of Kesmai and gave us a 30 day free trial) and played for four years, quitting about the time Samurai Empires came out.

So I came back to a new Haven and a lot of drastic changes from the UO:R era and Lake Austin as it was back then.

The most shocking of course...and maybe I shouldn't mention this...is that I felt totally alone in the game. It was like I had the game totally to myself. Where did everyone go??? But I guess that's a sensitive subject and has been beaten to death already. So my apologies.

I used to play on 3 different shards my first go around, but always loved Lake Austin the best for its community. I'm just hoping that there is still some of that left. Heck, I'm even scared to take my beetle out of the stable because I'm afraid it'll die while I'm learning the ropes again and there isn't anyone around who could rezz it. Hope I'm wrong there too...I miss that big ol' bug ;-) But I refuse to take it out until I know I can survive on my own without risking it as well.

At least I can walk now and remembered how to say "bank". The rest will come back to me I'm sure. Hopefully without too many ooOooOoo's in the meantime. Off to find a new Trammel Town Runebook since mine is so outdated half the places are blocked or not there anymore.

I wonder if there's still auction houses because I have some seriously old antiques...not the least of which being me...hehe

T

Tycolby

well I went to new haven to see if I could help you but you were not around. I will try again sunday

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know how you feel Blade, I've been playing Lord of the Rings online. But it just isn't UO. I'm so bad that as soon as i turn on the computer the cursor goes to my UO shortcuts. :D even if I'm suppose to be paying bills or finding a movie to go to. Charlton, don't give up on us. Right now most of the shard is hanging out at the champ spawns or in Luna. I pop over to Haven when i'm out treasure hunting, doing the collectors quest. Pop me a message if you need anything. My characters are Lessa (TDA), Rowan (WSUL), Morgana(CTTA), Mora (CTTA) Nikka(UMP) she is most often in Haven as she is traing up skills. If you see any of my guilds just ask and we will help you out.
There are a lot of great guilds here and all will make you feel less lonely.

C

Charlton

well I went to new haven to see if I could help you but you were not around. I will try again sunday
Ack, I hate to think you were actually standing around waiting for me to show up. I apologize if so.

As things are coming back to me I've been running around like a kid in a candy store, constantly logging onto this character or that.

But did put a tower up since I did love those but never could get one my first go around when LA was much more crowded. Luckily before I left previously I did have the good sense to store essentials like money and beetles before I left. Thank goodness all my characters were still there, although many of them were stuck in a black void when I logged onto them and I had to recall them back to civilization.

Since then I've been switching characters like mad to get the house furnished with the basics. Running out with my miner/blacksmith to gather up iron, then switching to my lumberjack to chop wood, to my tinkerer to make crafting tools to my Carpenter to make the forge, containers, and crafting items. Been a busy time...hehe

Things are coming back to me, and even my wife, who still plays WoW will look over to my screen and comment how she does miss doing this or that. Even commenting that if she had a tower what she'd be doing with it...so who knows...get her dreaming about it like I have when playing WoW and she might be back as well...although she's going to get her own tower, this one's mine! :p

When we were playing years ago, when LA was more crowded I spent all of my time in a small cottage. Same with her although she did eventually find a place to place a large marble house. I thought she was dying the way she screamed when she first saw that she could place that house....and the two and half hours she spent afterwards trying to find that exact pixel-perfect spot to place it for real when her hands were shaking so much that she lost the placement and couldnt' find the exact spot again. Good times :)

A lot of memories, it's going to be a wonderful time reliving them.