• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Texture Graphic bug is biting again...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Expect to start seeing a new UI idea coming together soon. So far it's going to be an evolution of the Copper concept (in much the same way people may remember that Copper started as an evolution of Bitter Black). Testing a few theories at the moment to see how they look in game.

Hopefully I can put this together with the Copper Enhanced back end and get it out a little quicker that way. We'll see though.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Small teaser preview for feedback purposes... so far, the main changes are the grid boxes for hotbars, containers, and the menu bar as well as a new rather minimalist status bar.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The juicy stuff:

he features include:

* Resizable Containers

* The ability for boats to plot courses on Treasure maps … (oh and I might as well tell you now we are targeting a major update to treasure maps for the middle of this Summer).

* Fixed gardening gump

* Plant gumps do not display health indicators in the SA client while full-screened in Japanese language mode.

* Cypress Tree plants as well as possibly other plants show up outside of the plant gump in the SA client.

* Custom UI Improvements

* Custom fonts

* Prompt to select a target type when adding stuff to hot bar.

* Double-clicking on player or server names does not log in to that player/server.

(This one is in now)

* Mousing over the health bar does not highlight the healthbar owner in the SA client

* There is no way to "Repeat last command" (like Ctrl-Q in Legacy).

(Actually there IS (Shift Up Arrow) when in Press Enter to Talk mode anyway)

* Expanded optimization for the Enhanced client

This is just a teaser, there are about 30+ bugs and feature changes as well

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
now that looks cool I give that a thumbs up

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No ETA yet. Just finished the CoreTextures.DDS file, andstill have the following to go:

- 00000020Hud.dds (TargetWindow and Object Handles selector textures) DONE
- HUD2.dds (Mobile Health Bars) DONE
- SLOT_2 (Paperdoll clothing slots... this one will be the most time consuming as it is the most pixel intensive) DONE
- UO_Common (Object Handles texture) DONE

Then of course a quick XML pass to make sure everything fits to my liking, another quick DDS pass to remove any errant pixels, make sure all the mods and addons are as I want them, then it will be ready to go.

As you can probably gather, it's a sort of "stone" look with highlights from Copper.

And to pass the time, the next preview of the skills and user settings menu to show how the Core Textures now look. A bit more colorful IMO than Copper managed.

FInally, a request for feedback... the text in the nameplate of the paperdoll... too dark, and if so, what color should it be to have better visibility?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the letters of paperdoll in copper or maybe even in golden.

O

Old Man of UO

Maybe the letters of paperdoll in copper or maybe even in golden.
Those would work. I like the bright text in the picture immediately above for the "Skill Points Used: 720." That shows up well.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The muted colors of C_E and Stone look much nicer than the default skin. Have you looked at the default lately? What's with all those green/red/blue outlines? Yuck! I like the little arrow better.

Is Stone meant to be better or will is be exactly like C_E?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Stone will be the same as C-E just with a different graphical style. It might also lend itself to different icon packs better than C-E, so feel free to play around there as well.

And yes, I know all about the hideousness that is the default skin even before they added in the "target-type outlines"... in fact, I took a look back at the KR default skin compared to the EC default skin and was amazed at how much better the KR default was (even though we all panned it when it was out). It may not have been perfect, but at least it was a more muted gold instead of bright orange.