• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The subject of tavern sitting

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in more recent times only The Bloody Brew on Thursday nights has had a consistent weekly "tavern night". The monthly ones are great, the random ones before or after a hunt are great too, but we're only addressing the consistent weekly ones, correct? So in that case, there are 6 entire other days where things of varying interests happen. Why don't we cross that bridge when we get to have more than just 1x a week? Nothing as of now needs to change.

~ Sue.
This is true. And Bloody Brew keeping its normal Thursday night should never be seen as an issue. In fact, having one night that is static can be a good thing. It can mean if all else fails, we have a consistent back-up for interaction. The idea of a combined Tavern night for those taverns or folks that wish to hold a tavern night is a great idea in the works. It all is a moot point to me seeing that I have no desire or intention of opening a tavern again. But the idea needs time to come together.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, so far there are the rangers, potentially James Bunny-Man with Que's, and PGOH if they want to start running a tavern.

Based on the posts, I wasn't sure whether the Children of Darkness were also interested. As I tried to explain earlier, this would not be an attempt to alter your weekly Thursday night tavern gatherings, but simply the suggestion that once per rotation cycle your Thursday night slot would also double as that week's rotation slot. Which I think would only benefit everyone since the more groups involved the stronger the concept.

Ideally, I'd like to see at least four to five taverns participating, otherwise it doesn't make much sense to try it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, so far there are the rangers, potentially James Bunny-Man with Que's, and PGOH if they want to start running a tavern.

Based on the posts, I wasn't sure whether the Children of Darkness were also interested. As I tried to explain earlier, this would not be an attempt to alter your weekly Thursday night tavern gatherings, but simply the suggestion that once per rotation cycle your Thursday night slot would also double as that week's rotation slot. Which I think would only benefit everyone since the more groups involved the stronger the concept.

Ideally, I'd like to see at least four to five taverns participating, otherwise it doesn't make much sense to try it.
I would not mind hosting a Tavern Night from time to time in one of the cities so long as it was on a once a month rotation thingy. Just have no desire to reopen a tavern of my own.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would not mind hosting a Tavern Night from time to time in one of the cities so long as it was on a once a month rotation thingy. Just have no desire to reopen a tavern of my own.
Awesome, that's great to hear.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recently rebuilt the Evil Eye Tavern in the Necropolis. If a tavern rotation gets put together I'd love to host a night. Though to keep things IC I'd recommend that only evil type characters attend.
Evil needs to drinks too. Especially since it must get depressing now that there's not that many of them left!

But great to hear you're interested.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many taverns/pubs out there, just not many that host a consistent night. It would be great to get them all together however. :)

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's an idea for you Aedon, hold a wine tasting night in Yew at the Ye Old Winery. You can add that into the rotation and not have to be bothered with running a tavern. :)

Just a suggestion.

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe we still have some well aged Aegis Brandy at the Bloody Brew. :)

~ Sue.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HA! Its under lock & key in our cellar where I keep all my "treasured memorables". And trust me you don't want to venture into the cellar of the Bloody Brew. :D

On this subject though... the Bloody Brew will retain its status on Thursday evenings at 9 PM EST. So I would ask that any rotation schedule be respectful of that evening. I do not mind if folks come to me and ask me, "Hey can we use your Thursday?" as Gillian did when the Skara Brae tavern opened (they ended up hosting it on that Tuesday I think anyways) but please do reach out to me as I can only help by directing my regulars over to your event. I make it very easy for folks to get a hold of me --- ICQ, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I use them all.

Now as for a tavern rotation, I love the idea! Considering that by the time all is said and done CoD/OotD will be have 3 taverns to contribute... we're franchising... it may be a great idea to cycle through them! 2 from CoD (Bloody Brew & Crescent Moon) and 1 from OotD (Darkvale).

Of course Order of the Draco, being our evil chapter, will only allow for evil-based characters or characters looking to get into a brawl (must abide by our common ROE's)... brawls will happen quite often there I would assume. That tavern is in our city of Winterhaven, which we will tour for you guys soon enough. Bianca wrote this theme, and in her absence I am taking it over and trying to keep it going. I am hoping to entice her to return. :)

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really happy about the responses. I intend to start contacting interested parties regarding a schedule this week.