• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Stratics Board

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings.

The last month has been an important one for the UO Community and Stratics.

Could we get a status update as to the current staff and their roles as well as a list of the current board members in case any changes have been made to the structure?

Thanks in advance.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "B" team has added some moderators in the last several days. It's quite entertaining to see who they have chosen.

After having a thread closed, and then another thread deleted by the powers that be, this is the list of people that I was given to address my concerns:

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Greetings.

The last month has been an important one for the UO Community and Stratics.

Could we get a status update as to the current staff and their roles as well as a list of the current board members in case any changes have been made to the structure?

Thanks in advance.
Sure, I'm happy to give a status update on that.

The Board:

Captn Norrington - In charge of moderation, and a Forum Administrator.
Elenni - In charge of the Wiki related projects, and a lot of the official LLC stuff.
Larisa - In charge of news reporters and the article system.
Nexus - In charge of site support, and finding ways to improve the site
Oscar the Grouch - In charge of site support, and maintaining the physical server Stratics is on.
Riyana - In charge of the event calendar, and a Forum Administrator

New Staff Members:

Giggles - Although not actually new, she has changed jobs and is now a moderator
Merlin - Moderator
Scott - Moderator
Deep Ellum Dan - Moderator
BrianFreud - Wiki Editor
El of La - News Reporter
Cymidei - Pacific News Reporter
Drakelord - Sonoma and Siege News Reporter

Other Staff Members:

Tamais - Lake Austin News Reporter
Wildstar - Baja News Reporter
Lord Gareth - Chesapeake News Reporter
Dreadlord Lestat - Social Media Liason and Moderator
Barian - Europa Forum Moderator
Basara - Players Corner Moderator
Spin - Asian Shards Forum Moderator
Lady Kittie - Great Lakes and Japanese Shards Forum Moderator
Obsidian - Warrior Forum Moderator
Snakeman - Napa Forum Moderator
Storm - Moderator

We are still reviewing a few more applications, setting up interviews etc. so there will probably be a couple more staff members added in the near future.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First to

The Board:

Elenni - In charge of the Wiki related projects, and a lot of the official LLC stuff.
Larisa - In charge of reporters and the article system.
Oscar the Grouch - In charge of site support, and maintaining the physical server Stratics is on.

New Staff Members:

Giggles - Although not actually new, she has changed jobs and is now a moderator
Merlin - Moderator
Scott - Moderator
BrianFreud - Wiki Editor
El of La - News Reporter

Other Staff Members:

Storm - Moderator

We are still reviewing a few more applications, setting up interviews etc. so there will probably be a couple more staff members added in the near future.
Welcome all new and old!! Seems like a solid lineup and well organized.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Salute* I owe my backyard and pool to @CrazyDave and his hatchback of twiddydinkies.

I would have liked to write articles or perform PR-ish duties or something for this staff; I've had all of one major criticism of them (moving a request by JC the Builder for volunteers from UHall to Off Topic mere hours before posting their own volunteer request to UHall, pretty unethical any way you slice it). However, one criticism in a sea of otherwise laudable accomplishments and community support is admirable to say the least, and I'm still very proud of this current staff. Unfortunately, whether they would accept an application from me or not, I don't have the kind of time I used to.

I'm also mostly happy with the community these days. There's still a rogue's gallery of usual troublemakers, but it's much better than it used to be. I lurk a lot, but I like to plop down a mini essay from time to time, and I'm always made to feel like people are listening and interested in my comments. :smile2:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately, whether they would accept an application from me or not, I don't have the kind of time I used to.
We would definitely be happy to accept an application from you if you are interested. There is no required amount of time a person has to dedicate to conducting their staff duties, it is completely up to them how much time they want to contribute. Especially as a reporter or PR'ish person like you said you could just write an article or story whenever you have time and want to :)

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Captn, I'll give it some thought then, and I very much appreciate your reply. Is there free coffee? I suppose the only remaining drawback might be reigning in some of my "opinion delivery" (even by my own professional standards). I don't think I'm so bad usually, but for instance publicly critiquing staff ethics. As part of a team, I'd resort to internal PMs for grievances I suppose, but... maybe that'd be more fun, I could really let my hair down, maybe use a bit of potty language... well my hair's very short but never mind that....

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

The Board:

Larisa - In charge of news reporters and the article system.

New Staff Members:

Merlin - Moderator
Scott - Moderator
BrianFreud - Wiki Editor
El of La - News Reporter

Other Staff Members:

Storm - Moderator

I don't see a news reporter for Lake Superior on this list. For a few seconds, I was surprised. But then I figured that job would be quite boring, since the news would daily read...

"In today's news, PvP happened for approximately five minutes, immediately followed by ninety minutes of trash talk and excuses in General Chat. Much profanity and infantile insults were viewed, causing several people to leave General Chat in disgust.

Meanwhile, a fisherman named Fyst was found dead on his tokuno galleon in the Lost Lands near Papua. His body was discovered as the boat sailed safely to the Papua docks. After being resurrected, Fyst told the healer that he'd dropped his composite bow in a chest at his home, thinking it was some treasure he'd picked up. He realized his mistake when a stone gargoyle jumped aboard his ship and attacked him. Futilely searching for his weapon, he inevitably succumbed to the onslaught. Fortunately, the gargoyle ignored the deckhand standing nearby, which allowed Fyst to moan orders and get the boat to shore."

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I don't see a news reporter for Lake Superior on this list. For a few seconds, I was surprised. But then I figured that job would be quite boring, since the news would daily read...

"In today's news, PvP happened for approximately five minutes, immediately followed by ninety minutes of trash talk and excuses in General Chat. Much profanity and infantile insults were viewed, causing several people to leave General Chat in disgust.

Meanwhile, a fisherman named Fyst was found dead on his tokuno galleon in the Lost Lands near Papua. His body was discovered as the boat sailed safely to the Papua docks. After being resurrected, Fyst told the healer that he'd dropped his composite bow in a chest at his home, thinking it was some treasure he'd picked up. He realized his mistake when a stone gargoyle jumped aboard his ship and attacked him. Futilely searching for his weapon, he inevitably succumbed to the onslaught. Fortunately, the gargoyle ignored the deckhand standing nearby, which allowed Fyst to moan orders and get the boat to shore."
Lol... Love it

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

And why, sir, haven't we seen a reporter application from you?? HMMM???

laughs you sure do have the ability, this is great! Thank you! :)

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, both items that I typed did, in fact, happen. Fyst is my chiv archer fisherman, so I was a first-hand witness to the grusome and, honestly, hilarious scene.

Now then, if I was interested in becoming a Lake Superior reporter, what exactly does the position entail? I certainly don't want to bite off more than I could chew, and I don't want to shirk responsibility if I couldn't do it.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
When I started volunteering as an Atlantic reporter (pen name Fallon Valor), I focused on historic guilds and establishments. All those homes in the new historic society--there are people and stories behind those structures. I suspect every shard has a number of historic stories ripe for memorializing in print.

Last edited: