• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Story So Far

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the related Events and their conclusions put together, what kind of story do they tell? Where are we now?.. And lastly what's currently going on? :scholar:

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is an excellent question and could make for a great BNN as we wait for something else to happen.

It would be nice to see everything collected into a single summary where we can see what order everything happened in and how it went down.

C

Connor_Graham

It would be nice to see everything collected into a single summary where we can see what order everything happened in and how it went down.
They came. We killed them.

We turned stuff in.

They came. We killed them. We had a pinata race.

We turned more stuff in.

We turned even more stuff in.

We waited.

There ya go. Short, sweet, and to the point. :lick:

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A nice synopsis. I like how it ends too; "Things show no sign of improvement.".. It must be something new to the person writing, so they can't be an actual UO player. :lick:

Jokes aside(are they considered jokes anymore), thanks Galen.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A nice synopsis. I like how it ends too; "Things show no sign of improvement.".. It must be something new to the person writing, so they can't be an actual UO player. :lick:

Jokes aside(are they considered jokes anymore), thanks Connor.
That was me.

I did think of the irony, that people would think I meant the event sucked, which I actually don't feel, I like the event....But I couldn't of a better way to phrase it, and thus left it as is.

The intent, however, was to refer to the content of the event. Meaning that the Royal Council is still dead, the Shadowlords still loose in our world, etc.

-Galen's player

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah well, it really doesn't look good.. The state of things in UO that is. Not sure what else you could conclude with and serves the company right.

I corrected my post, was half-looking away while posting. Got BF running on another comp.

Thanks again.

C

Ceridwen

We turned stuff in.

We turned more stuff in.

We waited.

That's more than I currently understand. *laughs*
Most importantly, I have no clue WHY we kill stuff or someone does something or is named so-and-so....
*totally confused*

But thanks for the link Galen, I'll try reading that and hope I understand more...

Oh and by the way....

I reeeeeally want to know something:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MAYA AND THE OTHER KIDS????
--
Edit: Ok, so I finished reading the summary... I still have no real clue on who did what, why and all the stuff.... and reading the summary, I kind of think we must be stupid. We kill because it "seems" bad... but we already had that discussion on Drachenfels about that Deamon which was (is?) trapped below the fan dancer dojo...

T

Trebr Drab

I could tell you what I think, after quite a few hours of research (which I enjoy). But every time I do UO throws in some unusual twist that makes me look stupid.

For example, someone official said that these "Strangers" would be appearing in the anti-virtue dungeons.
After finding out about many things that would seem to tie together, including the fact that some of them were dropping unusual gems and saying "here, these are useless to me", i.e. these aren't what I'm looking for, I came to the conclusion that theye were looking for the Virtue Stones. These fit the overall story really well.
As soon as I posted something about it, they changed (?) the next part of the event and started spawning the "Strangers" in cities.

There's allot more to it that I don't want to get into that fits the storyline too, but that would certainly cause them to do something that makes me look stupid again!

But it all leads to the Abyss.

Unless, of course, I'm all wrong about it. :scholar:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's more than I currently understand. *laughs*
Most importantly, I have no clue WHY we kill stuff or someone does something or is named so-and-so....
*totally confused*

But thanks for the link Galen, I'll try reading that and hope I understand more...

Oh and by the way....

I reeeeeally want to know something:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MAYA AND THE OTHER KIDS????
--
Edit: Ok, so I finished reading the summary... I still have no real clue on who did what, why and all the stuff.... and reading the summary, I kind of think we must be stupid. We kill because it "seems" bad... but we already had that discussion on Drachenfels about that Deamon which was (is?) trapped below the fan dancer dojo...
I less intended that as a summary, now that I'm thinking about it, than as an outline. Or a flowchart. The links to other UO Guide articles can be helpful.

Other than your question about Maya (which I honestly have no idea about and only dimly-at-best remember those events at all!!), did you have any specific question you wanted to ask?

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could tell you what I think, after quite a few hours of research (which I enjoy). But every time I do UO throws in some unusual twist that makes me look stupid.

For example, someone official said that these "Strangers" would be appearing in the anti-virtue dungeons.
After finding out about many things that would seem to tie together, including the fact that some of them were dropping unusual gems and saying "here, these are useless to me", i.e. these aren't what I'm looking for, I came to the conclusion that theye were looking for the Virtue Stones. These fit the overall story really well.
As soon as I posted something about it, they changed (?) the next part of the event and started spawning the "Strangers" in cities.

There's allot more to it that I don't want to get into that fits the storyline too, but that would certainly cause them to do something that makes me look stupid again!

But it all leads to the Abyss.

Unless, of course, I'm all wrong about it. :scholar:
I actually think you may be right about the Virtue Stones.

They could also be looking for the pieces of the Gem of Mondain that can be used to kill the Shadowlords, I guess, if I'm remembering Ultima 5 correctly. Whether or not it's to help them or hurt them we don't know....But the Six's genocidal inclinations and homicidal actions outside Despise aren't a good sign for us.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I less intended that as a summary, now that I'm thinking about it, than as an outline. Or a flowchart. The links to other UO Guide articles can be helpful.

Other than your question about Maya (which I honestly have no idea about and only dimly-at-best remember those events at all!!), did you have any specific question you wanted to ask?

-Galen's player
Also other than The Six, the killing of which is to my mind 100% justified by their killing those campers outside Despise for no particular reason, what are you referring to about killing things that "seem" bad.

As I recall the "Unshacked" Demon attacked first, though I wasn't there to fight it so I don't know for sure.

-Galen's player

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The unshackled deamon did indeed attack you first, and you had to 'kill' it to release it. It now wanders the depths of Hythloth in ethereal form.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We turned stuff in.

We turned more stuff in.

We waited.

Conner shouldn't there be something in there about how we let em burn the town to the ground so we could carry it off by the packload?

C

Connor_Graham

Yeah, it should go back quite a way, but I just started with the Alternate Moonglow through the current turn in phase. Basically just what we've had so far with recent stuff.

T

Trebr Drab

Cear Dallben, that chart is fantasctic, and so is your web site.
You're restoring some faith, sir. I had thought that all such as ye had left Sosaria.

Against my better judgment, I'll go ahead and talk about a suspicion of mine.

Let me start with Shamino. He came from the Lands of Danger and Despair. These lands were sealed off from Britannia when the Gem of Immortality was shattered.

Shamino was one of two kings in that land, the other being the White Dragon King. These Strangers have some connection to dragons, as they not only wear Dragon Armor, but also when they die they briefly turn into Dragon corpses before disappearing.

His lands suffered some calamity, probably at the shattering. The peoples became the Ophidians. These creatures have been heavily involved in the plots.

Now, there were other people who escaped Sosaria at some point. A mysterious people who moved into the Void. A powerful people. And they too wore Dragon Armor.

They were called the Wyrmguard.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets not forget that quasi event where we chose to follow the shadow lords or not and those who did chose to follow them got their tarot card shown to them and a glass dagger.

O

Ozymandies

There were also Candle of Love and Book of Truth events. We foiled some shadowlord plot, not sure how it fits.

OZ

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets not forget that quasi event where we chose to follow the shadow lords or not and those who did chose to follow them got their tarot card shown to them and a glass dagger.
Just realized that some might not have been there for it so I will be more specific in case some don't know. Where that rift thingy opened in Tram Moonglow, after it closed, it resulted in some trench in the ground. Later on, unannounced, lightning started striking in the trench, and if you walked into the lightning you got teleported to some guy in a star room (can't remember his name) sitting at a table with tarot cards. He spoke and basically asked if you would join his lords (probably shadowlords). If you said no, you would get teleported back, and die. If you said yes, he would show you a random tarot card, give you a dagger, and say you would know when the proper time to use it would be and to keep it secret (like most have actually kept it secret, :p )
I don't have the actual dialogue for this event, but I'm sure someone here does, otherwise you might be able to search for it on the boards.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were also Candle of Love and Book of Truth events. We foiled some shadowlord plot, not sure how it fits.

OZ
The minions of Astaroth, the Shadowlord of Hate, were attacking the Shrines associated with the Principle of Love. The Shrines themselves were also corrupted.

We managed to use the power of the Candle of Love to overcome his forces, and restore the Shrines to their uncorrupted state.

http://www.uoguide.com/Candle_of_Love

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just realized that some might not have been there for it so I will be more specific in case some don't know. Where that rift thingy opened in Tram Moonglow, after it closed, it resulted in some trench in the ground. Later on, unannounced, lightning started striking in the trench, and if you walked into the lightning you got teleported to some guy in a star room (can't remember his name) sitting at a table with tarot cards. He spoke and basically asked if you would join his lords (probably shadowlords). If you said no, you would get teleported back, and die. If you said yes, he would show you a random tarot card, give you a dagger, and say you would know when the proper time to use it would be and to keep it secret (like most have actually kept it secret, :p )
I don't have the actual dialogue for this event, but I'm sure someone here does, otherwise you might be able to search for it on the boards.
http://www.uoguide.com/Andrew

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
http://www.uoguide.com/Andrew
http://www.thezogcabal.com/ServantOftheShadowLords.htm

incase you missed it.

Thanks to the guy above about the chart and site, the chart was made by a fellow fan and is being added too. I forgot about wyrmguard and all of that. now i need to hit the thinking bench again.
good call.

sadly i raise another guestion on who all is dead.
I really really wish UO people would end the killing of important chars for a long time. i was kinda glad about the council, because it was an awesome story to read, and none of them are old ultima people. but dupre, iolo, shamino, geoffrey, where they at? next time i log on i expect to see Iolo's hut outside of yew with a talking horse named smith in the back.