• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The SOLO List

Troth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Recently coming back to the game and not knowing much of today's UO I thought it'd be a good idea to put together a list of just what high-end content tamers can solo kill now adays. The more info the better aswell. We can rate the difficulty, time taken, preparation needed, general template, pets used, etc.

Maybe something like..

ex:
Mob/Event: Boss 1
Difficulty: 6 (1-10)
Time: 25 minutes
Pets Used: Greater Drag
Template: Music/Disco/Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery
Preparations Needed: Cure pots, Elemental Slayer instrument

Thoughts?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would be kinda hesitant about providing the info honestly. It easily could start folks complaining that these bosses should not be able to be soloed by a tamer (and should only be able to be soloed on a sampire lol) and start hollering for nerfs/buffs. Which could lead to the Devs actually doing that as they have in the past. I don't want that to happen lol.

But.. I will give it some thought and watch the thread to see what the rest of the community thinks about the idea :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Recently coming back to the game and not knowing much of today's UO I thought it'd be a good idea to put together a list of just what high-end content tamers can solo kill now adays. The more info the better aswell. We can rate the difficulty, time taken, preparation needed, general template, pets used, etc.

Maybe something like..

ex:
Mob/Event: Boss 1
Difficulty: 6 (1-10)
Time: 25 minutes
Pets Used: Greater Drag
Template: Music/Disco/Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery
Preparations Needed: Cure pots, Elemental Slayer instrument

Thoughts?
Several of the peerless bosses can be soloed if you do it right. Start with Medusa and Lady Mel. Just be prepared to have to kill Satyrs first in the case of Lady M (so have Fey slayer) and be prepared to have to break off and kill the spawn that unfreezes during Medusa. Dread Horn is also another one to give a shot at.

Anyone ever solo the stygian dragon with a greater dragon?
I have a fellow guild member who claims he can solo it with a sampire (I've never witnessed it), but I've not seen it with a GD tamer. Even in a big group, it can be a pain with having to play the teleporter game. My guess is you'd be dying a lot or atleast have to have a second account running to spam heals.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With my disco/peace/tamer I can solo Dreadhorn with a dragon turtle, but it takes more than an hour to kill him, even after disco.
I run both peace songs so my turtle has 27 DCI and 27% damage reduction, and good regens, which speed the process a bit. I also use fire horns to add to the damage pool.

My macer can solo him in 8 to 9 minutes even without discording him...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a Sampire can solo it, why not a tamer and a Greater Dragon. Sometimes I wonder if the Devs know what there doing with Masteries.

I've done two Paragon Balrons back to back. They made it, so a Samurai can regain 100 HP back over 4 seconds then evade for 7 seconds, then there is war cry that reduce damage, feint, armored swampy, life leech, and armor ignore.

I use my Sampire 10x more than my tamer. That's probably because I learned to play that template. I don't think I really learned to play a tamer, beside saying "All Kill".

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The problem with tamers is that we don't have any pet combos that can dish good damage while having decent survivability.
To stand a chance against most of the stuff, you need to have a greater or turtle in tow because they can tank. But they are pretty terrible when it comes to dealing damage.

It is irritating.
I have soloed Baracoon and Rikkitor with that peace/disco/tamer build of mine, but doing it with a sampire is much faster and far more fun. :(

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just funny how things have flipped. Tamers use to have five dragons or five WW in tow. Warriors would have to joust to kill dragons or use a bow. Of course this was all pre-AoS. Then they introduced pet slots in the name of balance.

Things are so out of balance today. I remember the orc invasion with orc scouts being tricky to kill. Orc Brutes and bombers being a challenge. About a month ago I took my Sampire into the Cove Orc fort on foot . Walked all the way to the back and back through. I probably got hit three times the entire journey through the fort. This was with 120 skills and 45 DCI. There has been a power creep in the game. To bad the Dragon Turtle Hatchlings never grow up.

The progression of the game is give mobs more Hit Points. Sorry if this has gone to far off topic.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well Bealank hit the nail on the head. The difference between soloing things on a tamer versus a dexxer is significant. If you want to solo peerless on a tamer, I'd recommend grizzle actually. Decent loot, and once you get the hang of it reasonably safe. But it will take almost an hour start to finish. I think the last time I did it a few months ago on a single account, it took 45 minutes and I actually ran out of bandages at the end. But a dexxer can solo something like dreadhorn in 10 mins. I've sololed medusa just over that, and I'm not even great with a dexxer. So the question isn't can you do it, but really do you want to do it? Tamer is still my most played template, but the game has really moved away from the template for solo activities.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For soloing things it simply comes down to can you heal more damage than you take. If you really dedicate yourself to healing, you can seriously heal quite a bit.

And I agree with previous post. Ever since I posted on a few things and seen them stealth nerfed, I am reluctant to mention that stuff. The least the devs could do is be up front about the changes. All the stealth nerfs without saying why or saying they will explain it later and then never say a word on it, really just doesn't sit well with me. It also causes me to have very little trust in them.