• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed The Search For Jor: Ongoing Investigation

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks.

I had written up something a bit more fictiony, but accidentally deleted it

Until I can redo it, I’m going to give a barebones breakdown of where we currently are with the extended investigation:

Part I:

1. At Buc’s Den a few drunken pirates can be heard laughing and telling stories about Jor’s exploits – including the time he stole a ship from a Tokunese fisherman.

2. ALSO in Buc’s Den is our old friend Moody the Drunk who seemed, well, a bit less drunk than normal. He mentions a thief named Joshua (who you may recall from previous events) who came in asking about Jor. He indicates Thorpe may know more.

3. Returning to Thorpe, he reluctantly agrees to enlist the aid of Joshua, and tells you to leave a message for him.

4. At the docks in Zento, you can find a fisherman ranting about having his new ship, the “Kaze,” stolen by a pirate.

Ten points max – 4 for Leaving the message, 4 for finding the name of the ship, and 2 for getting both components and writing up a report including your own analysis of the evidence.

Part II:

Joshua leaves a return message in the book, specifying a time and day to “receive a shipment.” He is found near the message drop point. More to come after reports for this section are filed.

Continue reading...

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part II:

Joshua leaves a return message in the book, specifying a time and day to “receive a shipment.” He is found near the message drop point. More to come after reports for this section are filed.
Is this a try and find it yourself Mission or will Thorpe have a direction to point us in ? The date in book is a few days ago. Also is there a time frame on this one ? Thanks.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. It is fun to have on-going RP quests/events.

I attempted this one solo (with minimal help from GuildMates). Lesson: I am not so bright at detective work. Ha! The challenge is worth the effort though. Thanks again.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this a try and find it yourself Mission or will Thorpe have a direction to point us in ? The date in book is a few days ago. Also is there a time frame on this one ? Thanks.
Joshua was actually there at the time/date indicated in the book, played by Barnaby, and could be interacted with and questioned.

I'm more than happy to share my report with anyone who missed it and is curious. Just beware that Tobias sort of writes how he speaks. But if you're interested, send me a PM or ICQ.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part III:
The meeting with Joshua all but confirmed the link between Jor and Nujel'm. As suspected, Lady Constance DeMaje and her husband Karel (the Vesper Mint manager) are said to have aided in the raid in Vesper some months ago. Additionally, it was suggested that this was arranged through Lade Constance's relationship with a noble of Nujel'm, Juwain. In order to find more concrete proof to bring to the Council, Joshua suggested interviewing the other nobles who served on the old Council with the DeMajes (Vizier Halabi say on the Council as an ambassador from Nujel'm). He also suggested finding Jor's ship, the Kaze.

Additionally, he disclosed that a bounty had been put on the heads of both Thorpe, and an undercover investigator in his employ. Joshua was coy in regards to the identity of this secret agent.

If any who met with Joshua have a copy of their report saved in a document and would like to send it to me, I'd love to put it on the EM Website as I work up a more proper summary.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thorpe is ready with an assignment to constitute Part IV of the search. It is a two part assignment, of which only the second is ready - I saved a document I needed on my work computer which I left at work and can't get to until tomorrow. Thorpe can be found at the Castle.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Part III:
If any who met with Joshua have a copy of their report saved in a document and would like to send it to me, I'd love to put it on the EM Website as I work up a more proper summary.
I sent you mine.