• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The runic distribution curve - analysed (a bit long and technical)

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should add, I do think that valorite hammers should produce better stuff than they do, at least compared to dropped monster loot.

The very best things in the game should only come from valorite hammers, and therefore, they should only have a very few charges, and there should only be a tiny handful on each shard. And, given that, I don't think the charges should replenish, either--although having regenerating charges (maybe at the rate of one every three or four months) would be preferable to having a ton of the hammers on the server (the way it appears to be now).

P

paladin33

best thing with a valorite hammer?!

With the last patch and futur patch, all items property have been totaly reduce.

Impossible to create a shield with hit chance increase!

Now , when you create a weapon with hit lighning or other, that reduce swing speed !

Well, when you look the list of artie, you know now, it's impossible to craft a weapon or an armor better than Arties !

So , with a patch we increase the possibility to create more power full weapon and with an other patch we reduce stats!

It's totaly stupid.

Just a word...

With the last patch they increase stats of dragons. Ok it's logical because a dragon must be a powerfull creature.

But dragon is a pet, so we increase the strenght of tamer players again... ^^

So a warrior player have been totaly forget as always! For a good warrior it's impossible to kill a dragon alone! And now what say a warrior in fellu when he meet a tamer with a dragon?

And they continue to reduce weapon property and armor...

What can i say of more...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can understand that English isn't your primary language, but you're really misinformed.

Shields with Hit Chance Increase stopped spawning/being craftable TWO OR THREE YEARS AGO - not last publish.

There's not been any change involving Hit Spells and swing speed. I've been noticing that hit spells have negated all other bonuses (swing speed increase, slayer property, Enemy of One bonus, leeches, etc.) for the entire 5+ years I've played - and while it annoys the heck out of me, it's ALWAYS been this way. This ISN'T something new.

There's not been any "other patch", that you seem to think has occurred.

K

Kylas

Kylas,

I am hoping that now - almost two years later - we may see the change to crafting we have dreamt of!

Zardo

Hi Zardo,

It's now 2009. Six years later! I've long since moved on. Odd's are you have too. Has this issue ever been addressed? I saw someone in 2008 hit up the old thread.

I hadn't followed this thread since we initially postulated publicly. So is there still such a thing as a Valorite hammer? Do they still produce junk. The transition of UO from a community based game to a grind based one was the driving factor in patronizing another venture.

Are crafters still victims of a distribution curve coded in 1996?

Dig

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very good information here...this thread should be sticky! IMHO a valorite runic made weapon SHOULD BE Godly! With all the time, effort and frustration that goes into getting the runic hammer, the GM made weapons should out-do the doom artifacts on every single hit...as I said, that is my opinion. I spent a ridiculous amount of gold to purchase one of those hammers (because I knew it would take me 20 years to get my own) and wanted to throw my computer out the window when I saw what I got in return. I could have cried! Anyway, thanks to all of your who set us straight on this and let's hope the Dev's get a clue!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kylas, they changed intensity distribution on the Runics in 2008, finally. ALL runic hammers and sewing kits can make 100% intensity items (and boosted the minimum intensities - Val hammers are now all 80-100% properties), and they got rid of the bug that makes you lose a property if something already medable rolls mage armor.

There's still a bug that if you roll EXACTLY 35% DI (the current exceptional DI) on a property you lose it, but any DI roll under 35% (70% intensity) on an exceptional item is rerolled.

So things have greatly improved since you left. In fact, some people actually swear by making ARMOR with smiths these days, as the high end runics have higher minimum intensities than the barbed runics, and the Samurai Plate armor (from 2005) is automatically mage armor (free property) when made exceptional.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was wondering who rezzed this thread.

As Basara says, the distribution curve issue has been solved, yay!!

Many thanks to your research those years ago! :D

K

Kylas

Was wondering who rezzed this thread.

As Basara says, the distribution curve issue has been solved, yay!!

Many thanks to your research those years ago! :D
Glad to hear it.. Now I only need a time machine. At this rate my recommended faction changes should be coming online sometime in 2014.

Dig