• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Royal Guard Seeks a Few Good Men & Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hear ye! Hear ye!

The Royal Britannian Guard seeks men and women with exceptional military experience to join their ranks. The regiment of Umbra seeks to expand their team with experienced cadets willing to go through our training boot camp and enter at their appropriate rank: Sentry > Detective > Sergeant > Lieutenant.

We also have specialty ranks for Jailors, Rangers, and Patrolmen that make up our reserves. Boot camp for these ranks is shorter and less rigorous since they are not called to the front lines.

Anyone interested in such a post, should seek our Training Procedural Brochure at our Umbra Headquarters, just west of the city past the West Bridge. You can also contact our Recruitment Officers: Capt. Kalmar Erikkson or Lt. Barnaby Baggins, by letter via the Brit6annian Post delivered to our mail box.

Sincerely,
The Royal Britannian Guard of Umbra (RBGU)

OOC: You can visit our website at www.royalbritannianguard.com for more information on how to join this great RP theme. One of the original RP themes of the game, long running for nearly 16 years.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ouija, Governor of Skara Brae, speaking on behalf of the citizens of Skara Brae and outlying areas, question the loyalty of Britannian guards that are, or mingle with, Vampire types.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouija, Governor of Skara Brae, speaking on behalf of the citizens of Skara Brae and outlying areas, question the loyalty of Britannian guards that are, or mingle with, Vampire types.
I'll reply in OOC... You cannot possibly know who is a vampire or not. We do not look any different than humans, especially when properly fed, which of course we maintain ourselves so. The older a vampire is the more resistant to the sun they are, so they become day walkers. So you would not mistake us for vampires if you see us walking around the day lit hours now would you? CoD's entire lore is completely based on, and those that play with us value this more than anything, our anonymity and the fact that we're GOOD and align ourselves with ORDER. We are for the most part, astute business people dealing in trade and commerce. You cannot "know" we are something without any RP between the characters that would absolutely tell you otherwise. So just because you see our guild abbreviation, see our names, see our affliction in our guild titles, you cannot KNOW that without proper role play.

That being said... the RBG of Umbra does not know what we are completely. It knows we're certainly eccentric, quirky, odd. But above all else, it knows that we have been kind and helpful to the people of Umbra and continue to contribute to the profitability of the city and its citizens. Capt. Kalmar Erikkson is as human as they come, and those that serve under him he considers them all to be "as human as he is". He only deals in GOOD and EVIL... not races or afflictions... as any Royal Guard would. Thus he sees the people of CoD as GOOD people because that is all that has ever been presented to him in role play. He's never seen CoD characters act in a way that would be considered evil, and if he did he would incarcerate them just the same. Kalmar is a humble, loyal, honest man raising his niece, who is now a young lady, has recently married to a widowed mother of 9, Kayla Armstrong. He's a citizen of Minoc where his lineage has served the Royal Crown for thousands of years. He takes great pride in it and loves his hometown of Minoc. It is why he volunteered to help it at the Governor's Council Meeting when there was reports of miners being attacked --- so when anyone questions his loyalty, first look at his actions.

He has sent his troops in to help Minoc, paid for one of the dead miner's funerals and provided his family with financial support. He has reached out to Marius de Romanus, the Governor of his clan, to help organize a fund raiser for Minoc's guards to strengthen the city. We did the Black Tie Gala to help raise funds for Umbra's rebuilding (which LICH had torn down and burnt asunder), so he knows that Marius and Pandora can do good things for Minoc too. He is a good man, an amazing leader for his Guard, and gives no reason to be mistrusted to anyone. His actions speak volumes for the RBG and the guards that follow him.

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone asked me about setting up a new chapter of the RBG. The known chapters that do exist somewhere are for Britain and New Haven (Pitr I think has those stones), I also know there is one for Serpent's Hold that is more of the Navy, Skara Brae, Trinsic, Vesper (also a Navy sort of theme) and Yew all have (either active or non active I dunno) chapters of the RBG. We try not to step on their toes. There is still plenty of cities available.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do not knowith much of rpith..... However I will sayith that the vampires seem to be a little on the dry side when it comes to playful jesting..ith. :heart:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TLDR
I was just role playing anyway. lol
Flutter --- I was replying to you to tell you the backstory of our lore and our guild so you could properly interact with us because I thought you were serious. To RP is to respect others and the stories/worlds they have created; to want to find out more about them and how you can make your lore fit with theirs in a respectful way. For example, some the Yew folks have storylines in where they can sense undead, so I had to work with them to come up with a median that worked for both of us. Its just respectful of their work, and vice versa. That's all.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So my group is not allowed to RP a group that dislikes vampires?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I know dats wot you are because you have a title like VAMPIRE MASTER or sumpin scary likes dat.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Flutter --- I was replying to you to tell you the backstory of our lore and our guild so you could properly interact with us because I thought you were serious..
Pretty sure I was "properly interacting".

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw Pandy coming out of a Vampire bar last week. Just saying it seems a bit suspicious.

Do Vampires drink vampire gimlets?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She turned me into a NEWT!

Not sure how it is now, but my main group's philosophy then was that everyone who lived in or worked near Umbra was, per definition, either a Vampire or someone who was enough like a vampire they deserved a stake through the heart. (The fact that I worked closely with several of said-Umbrans (Umbrellas?) doesn't change the fact that Aneirin was an ignorant, hateful mothe... er... pirate, he just thought it was a good business opportunity)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pirates are ok. The drink. Get drunk. Fall down. And occasionally grab my butt.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss you bunches Aedon, what server do you play on in LotRO, its free to play I heard

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sure is, I am on Landroval. If you decide to play, let me know,. I can help you out,

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure I was "properly interacting".
Never seen that character, or interacted with said character, he/she/it wouldn't know the first thing about Marius or any of Marius' family. Thus, any comments made by he/she/it referencing what Marius might be or might not be will be ignored as such, like the King said, "... there are no reasons to believe otherwise" when I say I am not what you think I am.

Oh and shouldn't you as community manager be helping to promote the community and efforts of the people that make up the community by learning about them, helping them, and embracing (dare I say enhancing) their game play? Yes? I could teach you something about how that is done if you need assistance for I founded and run an entire community of over 500+ members and have done so for 16 years. I am sure I could provide a wealth of information and lessons from my experiences could that be of use to you. Would be happy to help!

Not sure how it is now, but my main group's philosophy then was that everyone who lived in or worked near Umbra was, per definition, either a Vampire or someone who was enough like a vampire they deserved a stake through the heart. (The fact that I worked closely with several of said-Umbrans (Umbrellas?) doesn't change the fact that Aneirin was an ignorant, hateful mothe... er... pirate, he just thought it was a good business opportunity)
As for Umbra, Umbra was under the rule of LICH for a time... so it may have had a bad rep for it. But if you remember after the "Burning of Umbra", our family helped to rebuild the city even raising funds for it at the "Black Tie Gala" and now its in great shape and its citizens are well protected not just by Marius and Pandora, and all that follow them, but by the RBG of Umbra who is led by a fine, honest, upstanding citizen of Britannia, Capt. Kalmar Erikkson, who has always stood by the Crown and helped those in need including the attack of the Ghost Pirates on Red Skull Bay.

Thanks for the post bumps guys, you are all the best!!!

:heart: Pandy

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh and shouldn't you as community manager be helping to promote the community and efforts of the people that make up the community by learning about them, helping them, and embracing (dare I say enhancing) their game play? Yes? I could teach you something about how that is done if you need assistance for I founded and run an entire community of over 500+ members and have done so for 16 years. I am sure I could provide a wealth of information and lessons from my experiences could that be of use to you. Would be happy to help!
People are allowed to role play however they wish. Some, like yourself enjoy scripted role play.
Most others enjoy improv. I fall into this category. You cannot direct how people play their characters.
The best part of Ultima Online is the freedom to be whoever you wish to be.
Your character, named Marius, and part of your group, is easily identified as vampire, if nothing else, than by his guild title. (that is the title in which you want your character to be known)
Perhaps in my world I have even interacted with those who have warned me of your kind. *shrugs* Who knows... as most in Ultima do, I will have fun my own way.

Thank you for the offer to help me with what you assume my job here at Stratics is. Please feel free to apply, we have several job opportunities available in several departments including community.

Have fun in Ultima! I sure will!

:heart: Flut Flut :cheerleader:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like cake

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good role players know that you cannot "see" a guild title, that guild titles are a mechanic not an RP identifier. You are using a game mechanic to assume something about a person and implying an interaction that has never occurred (in game or otherwise). Want to be sure folks understand this is key and vital to us.

For us, any of us, your RP must follow the general rules we have always abided by, meaning: I don't know your name unless you tell me your name; I don't know your profession until you tell me your profession; I don't know your affliction until you tell me you have one. And Pandora, Marius, or anyone in CoD has but a handful of people that perceive to know what they are... and guess what they are either A) no longer in UO, B) part of our guild and under our laws, or C) vampires themselves. And that includes any character that has to do with RBG, those characters do not know the afflictions of our kind.

And yes you can play however you wish to play, I've never told you how to play hell I've never said an unkind thing to you or yours prior to this thread --- EVER --- matter of fact in the past I have stood up for you. I simply come to defend my people and what we believe in. So I tell folks about us a bit and hope they are welcoming and want to work with us, instead of against us. I have had many people that chose to do just that --- some of them replied here. They worked with us, respectfully, to allow us our method of gameplay (which relies on complete anonymity) while still keeping theirs. Those that choose not to work with us, just get ignored. Have had that too!

I don't understand your hostility or those of others that have also replied here mocking our efforts or trying to "speak RP". Is this what has become commonplace on these forums? The trolling, the negativity, the mockery? If that's how life is here on Stratics and that's how you represent it, why would anyone want to stay here? You won't gain more folks for this community that way, instead you'll turn them away. My guild is HUGE... like unrealistically huge, I bring a lot of players to UO with me when we come back, which includes a lot of PvP'ers too. You think we want to be made fun of and mocked? What kind of welcome is that?

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I haven't said much on this topic, but I will say that I feel you are far to serious. You came to a public forum and made a post. That enables all persons of all walks in UO to respond and/or join the conversation. My summary of what happened here is it began with a playful jest that you took far to seriously. When you were informed that it was in play you still upheld a very strong negative and dare I say.... superior stance on RP. As someone who does not know anything about RP I would say that this turns me off from even wishing to learn it. There are many RPers of old who post here seriously and in play, but they do not in turn mock and scold people for trying to play along or even interact while flailing about the rules of RP as if it is a common knowledge and to scold those who tried to participate.

You claim to be made fun of... I see none of that here. My post of adding Iths behind everything I say is something I have done for a long time on forums and in general chat out of fun. it is not making fun of anyone other then myself for being bad at RP... Againt you took it far to seriously.

If you wish to have a super serious RP only thread then perhaps a public forum isn't the best place to do that. Especially not if your interaction with the few goof balls lurking around is one of scorn and hostility. Its doesn't speak well of everything I had understood RP to be, or the people whom I have know to partake in it.

This is just my two cents.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hostlility? Mocking? Are you serious?
I tried to play along. You for whatever reason didn't like it. That was your choice.
I certainly wasn't mocking or hostile. I was having fun. I was role playing my governor as I have been known to do in previous posts.
I am completely lost here. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.
I am just trying to play my character. Yours are vampires. I know this. I don't role play the same way you do. Sorry for that.
It doesn't make it wrong.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who you calling a goofball Giggles? Dems fighting words. nanaanannanannanannananan( I am RPing that I am attacking you. Please do not hit me back.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When someone replies making an OOC assumption about me and mine, I reply informing them how WE (the people in question) RP in the hopes that OUR GAME is respected. That was my original reply to Flutter's post. I am allowed to state elements of OUR ROLE PLAY that are very important to us. It was the REPLIES to that post that I found disrespectful and mocking. I am allowed to feel that way too and respond in kind. But as far as us being vampires, NO ONE KNOWS THAT no matter how many times we talk about it OOC, or what game mechanic you see. IDGAF how you choose to play; I have the right to not acknowledge what doesn't suit us and our very elaborate, very extensive lore. Do I take that seriously? YOU DAMN RIGHT. I have the right to be serious about it, and I don't appreciate you making fun of something we (like seriously probably over 100 people in our community) have contributed to and written about and created for nearly two decades. Are we the superior stance on OUR characters and OUR lore? YOU DAMN RIGHT.

*anxiously awaits your reply*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pandora I think you are seriously over reacting.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My reply is..... I choose not to play with or talk to someone like you. Life is to short. Get over yourself.
Good luck with the guild and your people! Cya around!

:heart:

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who you calling a goofball Giggles? Dems fighting words. nanaanannanannanannananan( I am RPing that I am attacking you. Please do not hit me back.
*Grabs her big green stick* I shall smite you sir!!! you better runnnnith!!! *scowls*

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since everyone else has someone posting in their defense, I'm coming to defend my Pandy too. :)

My husband and I have contributed quite a lot to our guild's lore, our creativity and heart has been poured into it. I appreciate a GM that sticks up for us and tries very hard to keep what we created intact. Our world means a lot to a bunch of us, especially the writers in our guild. So Pandy is very defensive of that. It is out of love that she roars like she does and anyone that knows her knows that.

Its been great to know her this long and we're very happy to say we're friends in real life too. We visit her often since we live in Connecticut and she lives in Long Island. Just today we drove out here to stay the weekend with her. She opens her heart and home to us quite often. She runs an amazing guild/gaming community and we have enjoyed being part of that community. Anyone that would love to learn from us and be part of this community would benefit greatly from it.

~ Sue

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When someone replies making an OOC assumption about me and mine, I reply informing them how WE (the people in question) RP in the hopes that OUR GAME is respected. That was my original reply to Flutter's post. I am allowed to state elements of OUR ROLE PLAY that are very important to us. It was the REPLIES to that post that I found disrespectful and mocking. I am allowed to feel that way too and respond in kind. But as far as us being vampires, NO ONE KNOWS THAT no matter how many times we talk about it OOC, or what game mechanic you see. IDGAF how you choose to play; I have the right to not acknowledge what doesn't suit us and our very elaborate, very extensive lore. Do I take that seriously? YOU DAMN RIGHT. I have the right to be serious about it, and I don't appreciate you making fun of something we (like seriously probably over 100 people in our community) have contributed to and written about and created for nearly two decades. Are we the superior stance on OUR characters and OUR lore? YOU DAMN RIGHT.

*anxiously awaits your reply*

Stuff like this, is what turns people away from RP'n.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stuff like this, is what turns people away from RP'n.
Pandy's protectiveness and seriousness has been what people have been drawn to of her, we've come to expect it of her. She's our founder and main guild master for a community of over 500 people all playing nearly 800 characters. I don't think she's turning anyone off from anything at all, quite the opposite.

~ Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.