• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Roleplaying Hot Spots of Baja.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I had a discussion with a player from Atlantic. She planned to visit Baja and wished to know where the major roleplaying hot spots could be found.

I couldn't give her a straight answer. That troubles me.

West Britain was once touted as the most neutral and active location for Baja Roleplayers. Town Guards. Redcap Bandits. The Yattering. The Goblins.

But since the neon invasion and the advent of Summer that is no more.

We also have five taverns that go unused. The Golden Brew in Golden. The Dragons Breath in Dawn. The Bucket O' Blood near Cove. Tymora's Arm in Trinsic. And the Green Dragon near the site of Ursula's Golden Brew.

We have the locations. What we seem to lack is the drive to use them. That and the drive to interact outside ones guild or clique has been a problem since the collapse of the BRC in 2004.

So I want to discuss why we don't seem to interact or gather in any particular fashion and what could be done to change that. Why are the above locations not being used? What are the challenges to interactions between roleplayers? And more importantly where do you envision the future RP hot spot to be?

Baja has the potential to become the premiere roleplaying shard on the West Coast. Lets discuss how we are going to make that happen.

Z

Zephenia

Hi!

I think this is a wonderful thing to do... especially since all these places still exist and are able to be used.
Speaking for the Green Dragon Tavern, its an OLD original structure, the only new thing in it is a Crystal Throne - the rest is vintage UO. Its set up to literally be a tavern. And its in Fel nowhere near a guard zone.

Its also the S*S Guild house, of sorts. Our Guild stone is still inside it.
The tavern is available should anyone want to use it, obviously. Be nice to have a need to ressurect these establishments and put them to use with staff and all.
There is a rune to the tavern in the runebook on the foyer of the EcZ island house as well as on the steps of the Ivory Hovel shoppes in North Vesper, both on Fel also.
The tavern's coordinates are: 123o 40N by 7o 31E for the daring and adventurous.

And Nicholas the Old, tried to find you last night but had no luck (Frances nagged me into it!). I will be around off and on today. :)

Zephenia
High Sorceress, GM of S*S

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would the owners of these three establishments - The Golden Brew, the Green Dragon, and the Dragon's Breath - be interested in hosting a Bar Crawl Night?

C

canary

Would the owners of these three establishments - The Golden Brew, the Green Dragon, and the Dragon's Breath - be interested in hosting a Bar Crawl Night?
Not on Baja, but maybe there should be a monthly event held at one bar (or revolving through many of them) that the community could sponsor to draw a crowd, then afterwards shift to a more typical rp 'tavern night' after the event was over. Stay in character during the event, but hopefully some might stay around afterwards for the fun of just plain old rp.

Z

Zephenia

Hi!

I am sure the Green Dragon would participate should something fun be arranged! Always up for a good time! :thumbup1:

Zephenia

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope! The Golden Brew would be interested...

Anytime after 10/15 is open. Do the other tavern owners have particular nights of the week that work best? Weekends and weeknights after 6PM are good here.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When would the proprietors be interested in hosting such an event?

I am told the Golden Brew will soon be announcing their new Opening Hours.