• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Fiction The River Rages

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
“I cannot believe the number of reports coming in Wilson,” Captain Cameron said to Corporal Wilson as he sifted through the parchments on his desk, “We have 13 reports of river flooding and another eight regarding strange demon-like creatures crawling from the rivers edge.”

Corporal Wilson looked at his Captain carefully, and although he was a rather young man for his status, Wilson could see the signs of stress in the lines of his face. “Sir, the guard did well against the beasts the last time we were there…”

“Indeed they did, but if we are going to fix the problem we are going to have to find the source.” Captain Cameron looked up as a guard came in with yet another report. Without a word the captain took the scroll and read it aloud, “Waters are unsafe. Powerful sirins sing at night luring people into the river never to return. Please send help.” Cameron looked up at his men. “This is it. Something must be done. TODAY!” he growled. “Call the guard, and all those willing, we will stop these beasts at once, but first I will consult with our King and see if his knowledge about these sirins can help us with our defenses.”

Captain Cameron placed the report on his desk with the others and rubbed his brow as his men exited the room. “I hope our forces are strong enough to pull these sirins out of hiding and destroy them.” he thought. Glancing down at this desk he nodded to himself, “I have a good group here,” he said aloud, “I believe they just may prevail.”

http://uoem.net/sonoma/