• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event The Revenge of One-Eyed Jack

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For any who remember the the Thanksgiving Theft of 2012, or last year's Turkey Hunt, the name "One-Eyed Jack" might send a chill down your spine. It seems that, once again, Jack has returned...with a vengeance!

Perhaps it is the continued consumption of his comrade fowl, or maybe it has something to do with the recent hunting permits being distributed...either way, Jack is back and he has brought friends.

Some of these friends you may find quite tame, while others, if taken alone, will surely maim (that was forced, wasn't it?).

If you manage to slay one of Jack's followers, be sure to check the body for a special book. Each book is worth a set amount of points (based upon the difficulty of the turkey), and has a unique code that identifies it - do NOT give this code to anyone, as if there is any duplicate submissions NO points will be awarded.

You can compete as an individual, or as a guild. Gather as many books as you can, and put them in a bag with your character or guild's name and deposit into the mailbox next to the EM Hall in Britain NO LATER than 11/30.

Oh, and keep a wary eye out for Jack himself, as he is sure to be wandering the woods somewhere, waiting to attack...

Last edited:

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, almost forgot...

Some of the more difficult turkeys may contain multiple books.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far so good :) We did manage to fight One Eyed Jack tonight also in Yew ;) That was a Blast.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One-Eyed Jack should never be confronted alone. Word on the street is that he ate a few spellcasters after they messed with his turkey brethren and will now have more than his talons to use.

Also, he tends to send his minions out late day/early evening (so, between 6-8pm est), and there anywhere between 8-12 of them. If the prior day's are not dispatched, they will remain until someone does manage to find and defeat them (there were still a few this morning when I checked).

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must be really good hiders. Searched a lot late last night and couldn't find any. The one we did find early was breathing fire on us, heh ;)

zzxd1.JPG

zzxd2.JPG

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait...so you WERE able to see Jack's corpse? Was there a point book on it?

Also, his minions don't stray far from town, and may cross into the guard zone (but the guards are terrified of them and won't go close).

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were actually 2 separate corpses of One Eyed Jack. No both corpses contained nothing at all.

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let me just say, the Turkey we found outside of Minoc tonight, a follower of one-eyed jack, about had me and Eramis for Thanksgiving dinner! A lot of lost fame, many runs to the healer and about 800 blade spirits later... there is one less turkey in Minoc! :D

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So tonight is the time to turn your books in. The last few gargantuan gobblers have begun their attack runs...

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only fought two... killed one. I got a book, which coinidentally... the code is the exact day/month as my birthday :p

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We found only 1 so far this afternoon outside of Trinsic. It was a little tougher then normal. Highest point in book yet. Only 1 book on body though.

zturkeyz123.JPG

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turned a Purple Bag into your mailbox. K^S is going for a Guild as whole for Points. The books add up to 14 points. There is also a book with a question or two for you also. It was a awesome Event. Thank you.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pardon my intrusion and I apologize if the timing of this is off, but how many eyes does One Eyed Jack have?

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd think the answer would be obvious, but in this case, it isn't really known if Jack is an undead turkey, a ghost, or a reincarnation. That may matter.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Event was Awesome ! We worked very hard together as a Guild. Just saw the Reward at EM Hall. Thank you it is Fantastic ! :snoopy:

zzs1.JPG