• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The return of the Tent!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the UO bug has got me yet again, I only planned to pop my head in for RTB and have ended up reactivating! Its only been a week and i've thrown up my first guild plot again! You may remember my old Encampment tent made from Abyssal Gozas (Which i let fall and lost all those gozas which im kicking myself in the teeth over). I can't afford abyssal gozas again yet, but its definately on the cards for the future!
But for now i give you the Command Tent!!!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back! The tent looks amazing! :)

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the UO bug has got me yet again, I only planned to pop my head in for RTB and have ended up reactivating! Its only been a week and i've thrown up my first guild plot again! You may remember my old Encampment tent made from Abyssal Gozas (Which i let fall and lost all those gozas which im kicking myself in the teeth over). I can't afford abyssal gozas again yet, but its definately on the cards for the future!
But for now i give you the Command Tent!!!

I'm happy to hook a brother up with 160 Abyssal cloth towards rebuilding your tent from back in the day. Just holler on gen chat when you next online and I will deliver it to you if you want?

Or, hit me on ICQ: 624017270...

Last edited:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill post a picture with location on later tonight :) My guild mate nearly finished our docks and im working on the 4th plot now hehe :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it can get frustrating, so i just take it slow and steady, do half and come back to it another night if i have too. The big main tent i managed to smash out all in one in 6 hours.
The second tent i made, then realised i had to go into customise and change something so all the gozas went to moving crate. So i then made half again, left it and finished it another night hehe.

The worst part is how much your finger aches by the end of it from clicking up on each goza so many times lol

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoagie and a few old BoC just popped back in for return to Britannia, we had a nice little festivity on the 30th october but most have gone again. But there is a Cove guild going again with a good few people. Roleplay will hopefully make a little come back :) I'm reforming the Hand of Chaos, few Vesper still kicking around and some Duchy of Trinsic. And some odds and sodds from other guilds like Grd and Drow etc

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seem to be having a number of problems with fourth plot. I finally got the build how i want but the tent roofs are actually really hard for what i want to do. I love decorating but having to re do goza tent roofs over and over is so annoying lol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
love the tents, I'll need to run over to Europa and have a first-hand look

and Dodger, your 'do not clicks' make me nuts

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome as ever Escabear! I'm looking forward to seeing the other plots in this encampment :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here we have The Sailor's Rest. Our Chaos Encampment docks built and decorated by Hardy. We went for the idea that we found an old ruin of a docks which we did up and attached a lighthouse and tent to and built the camp around it. And you can see our ship in the bay Lord Blackthorn's Revenge which needs a new coat of paint, its meant to be blacker.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here we have The Sailor's Rest. Our Chaos Encampment docks built and decorated by Hardy. We went for the idea that we found an old ruin of a docks which we did up and attached a lighthouse and tent to and built the camp around it. And you can see our ship in the bay Lord Blackthorn's Revenge which needs a new coat of paint, its meant to be blacker.

Awesome! :)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of trial n error to start with but I am really happy with the overall design in the end. I had to call Esca in to finish the tent, sooo much mouse clicking!

I'm sure I'll end up deco tweaking here and there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found the old screenshot for my old abyssal tent. I did plan to eventually change to abyssal again but to be honest it would cost way too much and require too much cloth to obtain to do all the plots with it. I think the grey tents work just as well and match our guild colours anyway

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now the last installment, finally finished decorating it last night. Will be the last plot for now, building and decorating 3 plots in 4 weeks is enough for me for now hehe, need to start saving gold rather than spending it.
Did the roofs slightly different on this plot as was running into a number of problems trying to attach tents to a building, trying to cover gaps etc. And couldn't get front tent symmetrical on the tower due to curtains door at front can only be 4 wide.
It is our Stables and Barracks tent :)

Last edited:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the design. I may borrow the lighthouse portion. The tent looks too tedious to do.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I was unhappy with the front patio bit of my main tent and I'll eventually run out of display space inside for Chaos/Blackthorn rares and items so I decided to re do the patio as a display area and use abyssal gozas for a little pattern since I hadn't made the tent out of abyssal gozas. The problem was once I had done the patio it felt incomplete so I then got sucked into covering the whole tent floor in abyssal gozas which turnt out better than I had expected! But it was costly, It would of cost me 70m for the whole floor but thanks to some generous donations of abyssal cloth it only cost me 40-50m in the end!
Heres the end product:

Compared to the old:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah turnt out better than i expected, now just to save 170m to do Abyssal roof of tent :p

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after finding an awesome Location to move our camp to. I now own 2 18x18's next to each other. I think I will make one the same as my old big tent but I have begun work on creating what will hopefully be a truly epic tent, experimenting with a few ideas. Ive run into a fair few problems already, one resulted in me having to go into customize mode and have the 200 gozas i spent a night placing and raising then going to the moving crate lol. But it is coming along well and starting to take shape. Here is the progress so far:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great job buddy. cant wait to see both of them together. viva la housing!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And just think, you soon get to do it all again with the new Shadowguard tile set which would look awesome ;)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe i haven't seen the new tilesets yet. I might hold off doing the next plot until they are out :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah nearly done that plot! Once i get the abyssal cloth tomorrow to finish the downstairs floor i should have it finished by weekend :) Its turnt out better than i had hoped. Will post a screeny as soon as its finished :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks awesome and very time consuming :)

......cant wait to see how the Castle-tent turns out :devil:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hardy has finished 'The Chaos Chisel Inc' plot next to mine :) which has turnt out great!

Im waiting for the new tiles to come out before i build the big 18x18 next to mine. I am currently working on a small plot infront of my command tent that ive gone and built a small Europa Gold Cloth tent on lool, i've nearly finished it so will post a picture up in coming days.
We finally own all the plots in the cove now! Hardy now has the 18x18 at the end too and has begun work on that since finishing the stonework plot :).

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And finally after a long hard month of building and decorating, a huge dent in my bank account from all the special cloth and deco; the last 2 plots are done and our player town Chaos Cove is just about complete! Gonna apply for village banner next to finish it off :)

Here are the last 2 plots! 'The Drunken Bear' plot built and decorated by Hardy. With live music from the Backstreet Bears!

Then my last plot the 'Theatre of War' arena and resting place of our fallen brothers and sisters. This was meant to be my quick easy plot that i had a plan for. It appears i cursed myself saying that and it turnt out to be the biggest nightmare ive ever had to build and decorate with problem after problem lol, took me a week in the end.

I think its safe to say im taking a little break from building and deco lol :p I always have the problem of doing multiple plots at once and burning out. Struggled for inspiration on last plot.

Last edited:

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An awesome job by all, it been a long few weeks on these plots. Time to start adventuring into the new lands Esca!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahaha, gonna host a big party there in near future with games and prizes, ill post up about it here and work out the American times it will happen etc so you can all come and see if you want :)