• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Rescue of Kasaven

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Catskillians,

here's a little report about last night's event, with some paintings added to it. Have fun reading!

The Rescue of Kasaven

Hawkeye Pike

Edit:
My personal opinion about the event: I appreciate those new community events! They breathe back life into the shard. The event was a lot of fun!!! WELL DONE, KASAVEN!!! The only tiny disadvantage I can think of was that (unlike the Royal Council Massacre, for example) this event had to be walked through quickly in order to be able to finish it. It sure must have been a bit difficult for people working alone. Alone listening to the Ophidian Prisoner turned out to be very difficult, as people were spamming keywords, which made it almost impossible to follow the answers of the Ophidian. Solving the Doom riddle was also impossible due to people pulling levers like crazy. I still have no idea how someone actually managed to get into the Lamp Room.
The player spam, especially the Valentines Cupid spam, made it a bit difficult to follow Owain's introduction. Funny, one person being on top of my spam filter list even received a reward in the end :) Speaking of which: While I personally find giving out a limited numbers of rewards a good idea, the massive complaints of people who didn't get one almost makes me wish that rewards were completely abolished.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...sadly this was an event that I could not make. So, the pictures were very nice. Thank you. :)

S

Shioni

There is a much better way to hand out prizes but it would require a slight leg up from Dev, the EM needs two tools...

1. one to mute and counterspell anything within 50 tile radius to the EM.

2. A box that automatically gives a prize away to anyone who opens it.

Doing away with prizes in general would be a terrible idea people need a sense of accomplishment for spending time on events.

And essentially named items you cant make is next to nothing, god forbid they have real prizes like time codes

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great story. Needs more Aneirin in it.

I do have one correction to make though. It wasn't one of the players, or even a group of players, who solved the puzzle in Doom. It was Owain Surrey himself who broke from his vigil in order to procure the box and give it to the assembled people. It seems that certain people, obviously agents of the Shadowlords, were working against the people who were actually trying to solve the puzzle, and we needed a higher power in order to get that final clue.