• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Rabid Mongbats

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These things are aggravating. My smith seems to have no chance and it's iffy on my tailor who can waste dark wisps. I spotted one just south of Talia's house in Moonglow and decided to return with my tamer. Returned with both mare and wwyrm...both at least 10 years old and are pretty high end and battle scarred.

Casting by both creatures, with me casting a FS now and then, took like 4-5 minutes to kill it. Kinda reminded me about training pets vs shadow elementals ...maybe dull copper ones...I forget. I did get cocoa butter in the loot.

Is there an effective way to waste these creatures?

Jack Nickelson

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beyond hitting them a bunch, not really. Can't even guard whack them.

You can lure them around and cause them to kill innocent civilians in guard zones though, if that sort of thing is your bag.

Their wrestling is low, so any sort of pack would tear them apart.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn I thought we got rid of this pain :(

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran

You can lure them around and cause them to kill innocent civilians in guard zones though, if that sort of thing is your bag.

and then you wonder why I hit you with a frying pan, This is very bad news as we were suppose to have put an end to this, so people we need you on the look out again, and I need to see what else is happening, for all we know there is another nest.

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The next time I see one, I'm gonna bust out every frenzied ostard that I have stabled and give it shot. Thanks.

Jack Nickelson

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Damn I thought we got rid of this pain :(
The nests were destroyed so no more are spawning, but there may still be a few of the beasties out roaming the area who've yet to be killed. Perhaps the Governor will want to organize a hunting party to ensure that her island is clear?

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The nests were destroyed so no more are spawning, but there may still be a few of the beasties out roaming the area who've yet to be killed. Perhaps the Governor will want to organize a hunting party to ensure that her island is clear?
Are you sure they are all gone? Because the nests may be gone, but the Lady spawned them. :eyes:

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A report on my other report. The mongbat that my pets killed was ocean based. The ocean based ones that I have seen have no ability to cross from water to either land or something like the Moonglow docks. They kinda just hang and have no ability to approach...one, or pets, can cast endlessly. The rabid things runing around town are a different story.

It was probably a stray one and maybe they are all gone for good.

Jack Nickelson