• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) The Public Harrower!! Video & More! Let us know what you thought!!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5msKYrIVh7k

[Youtube]5msKYrIVh7k[/Youtube]

After weeks of planning; the "plan" finally went into effect.

After gating for blues at the rares fest & luna (And having a hard time convincing them that 'UHOH' would keep them safe) until about 9:45; we finally had a Star Room filled with many different guilds. After pushing && shoving myself through people; pets, invisible 'things', and guildies, I arrived at the pedestal. Necro placed the skulls on the pedestal and the black gate grew...

As we entered; we were relieved to see Hythloth dungeon entrance. Many past Harrowers were fought in this dungeon; so we were very familiar with the surroundings. As UHOH members led the blues by the hand down to the Harrower; I pushed forward and positioned the Harrower in a room to make it a "bit" easier for the unaware crowd.

Soon after the placement; COM started to rush in. We quickly went to arms; holding off the 2nd floor drop down. This isn't as easy as you would think. The reason being; the drop down can send you to 2 specific spots. We had anout 3/4ths of our crew at the main drop down, and a few at the other drop down. COM was easy crushed due to this systematic defense. They were unaware (due to most people holding off the '3rd' floor. Like I said; we are experienced in this dungeon :thumbup1:) Soon after; FY fell into the same trap.

After a bit; COM started to push again; a lot quicker this time. A few people were fighting them on level one; while a few fielded level 2. The COM got stuck inbetween the sandwich and were beaten again.

At this point the Tentacles were up. We were relieved to hear this. Little did we know; this is the part they would struggle with for well over a half hour...

We fell back to the end of the "teleport" hallway; which is a PAIN. There was a bit of a stalemate with the COM holding the dropback of the teleporting; and UHOH holding the other side of the hallway. As they tried to push; we killed a few while suffering minor losses. This is when we realized we were in for a battle..

Suddenly; a team of OATH; COM guilds, && the FY guild WORKING TOGETHER pushed forward. Their numbers were a lot! As I yelled commands in our Ventrilo; many would slip through the cracks; whether dead or alive and attempt to get down below. We would send our dexxers such as Turles & Jambi down to dispatch of them. Sometimes we would have to send Talented Mr Scott; Talented Ms Scott and myself down to assist them. During this huge wave of pushes we were informed of the death of the harrower! We were excited; thinking we would get to push out on this huge crew. But; some of the blues were unaware of the back way out of Hythloth; and tried to come through our fields.

So now; we are having a war on levels 2 and 3 with many guilds; and now we have blues pushing into us! Some tried to assist us; but we tried our hardest to let them know it wasn't need. So after much yelling, most blues figured it out and just left with their spoils!

At this point; we pushed out on the many oppoents; and after sustaining many deaths; we were able to "cut the head off the snake" as they say and defeat the enemy.

It was a great time. We hope everyone else had a blast as well; and we look forward to Nexus' news report!!

**Thank you to..**

All of my guildies who came to defend!

All the blues who came!!

Everyone who raided!

Nexus' for reporting and recording the video for us!

Everyone please feel free to comment on this event. What you did/didn't like. Who YOU think we can improve it; and anything else you would like to add.

**HIGH FIVE TO CHESAPEAKE**

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm seriously going to start following you people.. you have a good time...

Also, I accidentally someones scroll. It was nommed.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CoM, FY, and the random blues that were fighting us....Great times....thanks for a great fight!!!!

Hope everyone had fun......:)

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was a good time guys i hope you do it again. And i can't believe i was stupid enough to fall for that trap at the teleporters... I just didn't think you guys would ever set up there. lmao, It won't happen again, live and learn right? I think however if I had to do it over we would've fought com, I felt it more important to try to get to the harry, but that resulted in a lot of frustration getting stuck in each other's fields and the area effect spells hitting each other. I was really hoping you wouldn't get hyloth as the pop and well yah did lol. Not only can you defend it well, which you did, but there is a back door for the bloos to run out. I want to thank you for the fight aspect of it, that was the first time for a lot of FY to see a larger field battle, and I think many of them now see why mages are so needed. Archers are fine at the gate but next to useless in field fights. I also want to say that i saw no dragons for the push which made me very happy. I hate to see pvp tamers, as I have no desire to pvm when i try to kill people, So thanks to everyone for not pvmping a tamer :D I think that was one of the best fights i've seen on chessy. I had no idea that many people played this shard still! Thank you whoever put the skull up and I sincerly hope that we can do that again! (just next time I don't care what the odds are we are going in against everyone)

HIGH FIVE!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool video capture, but I wish the whole thing wasn't sped up like that, lol. It's hard to really watch the fights that way. Should have only sped up the PvM parts, or broke down the video into sections. The last minute would have been nice to watch in real time especially in order to catch the end fight.

Speaking of fights, wow, those tentacles really ended up being a cluster**** for the blues, huh? lol. But I like the veteran voice from Mr. Joseph of Zed in public chat! :) Way to rep SHE bro. Wish I could have been there too, but work called!

Seems like quite a few blue OATH were spawning, so I guess some were raiding and some were spawning? Or? Sort of confused by that. Anyway looks like it was pretty epic :).

@Nexus, you use Cam Studio? Then speed it up or something, or like, some other program? I've only messed with HyperCam and VirtualDub :).

L

longshanks

Seems like quite a few blue OATH were spawning, so I guess some were raiding and some were spawning? Or? Sort of confused by that. Anyway looks like it was pretty epic .

That's because Oath lets COM do their fighting for them. Thats what they pay them for. :(

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like quite a few blue OATH were spawning, so I guess some were raiding and some were spawning? Or? Sort of confused by that. Anyway looks like it was pretty epic .

That's because Oath lets COM do their fighting for them. Thats what they pay them for. :(
I'm not trying to start trouble, just the first post said OATH was teaming up with FY against UHOH, and so I was curious cause saw a few OATH doing the PvM side :). Trying to get a picture of the fight (of course, thanks to Nexus, we have a video! lol ... I'll just save it and run it slower maybe to see the details ;P ... it's like game tape, I love it).

C

Clair The Mystic

Speaking of fights, wow, those tentacles really ended up being a cluster**** for the blues, huh? lol. But I like the veteran voice from Mr. Joseph of Zed in public chat! :) Way to rep SHE bro. Wish I could have been there too, but work called!
That is why he is the boss; just don't **** him off! I went to taco bell and got something to eat...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm not trying to start trouble, just the first post said OATH was teaming up with FY against UHOH, and so I was curious cause saw a few OATH doing the PvM side :). Trying to get a picture of the fight (of course, thanks to Nexus, we have a video! lol ... I'll just save it and run it slower maybe to see the details ;P ... it's like game tape, I love it).
Having it sped up was the only way to show all the action :p

I wanted to do a nice news article on it, but between Lox's description of the PvP side, and the video I can't think of much to say that wasn't right here in this thread :-(

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why he is the boss; just don't **** him off! I went to taco bell and got something to eat...
Taco Bell! I guess that's sorta like a Harry ... got to wait in line maybe push through (or drive thru) and um ... got to defeat the taco or burrito shell first, then get to the meat, or the real food...

Wait a minute, you didn't do the Harry and instead ate food? Whatttt! lol do both at same time next time man :p

Having it sped up was the only way to show all the action :p

I wanted to do a nice news article on it, but between Lox's description of the PvP side, and the video I can't think of much to say that wasn't right here in this thread :-(
Hehe. Well it was a balanced video :) from spawn to fights to spawn and fights again :).

I know normally OATH and FY are NOT friendly with each other lol that's why I was (am) curious. But actually, reading between the lines (and what longshanks said) I have a much better picture now, hehe.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Nexus, you use Cam Studio? Then speed it up or something, or like, some other program? I've only messed with HyperCam and VirtualDub :).
Actually I run Linux most the time... I use a program called Recordmydesktop for it. If I set it to encode the video as it records it, I get the compressed effect where everything is sped up when I convert it to a format that is YouTube friendly... otherwise I have to record the video then wait for the program to encode everything which depending on the length of the video (that was was over a half hour uncompressed) then covert the encoding over and I'll get it playing at normal speed.

If you go to my YouTube Channel I have a comment posted with a list of all the programs I use....