• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The proper way to shoot the ****

C

Caelas

So I made an archer as my first character on Legends. Never played an archer before, figured I'd try something different. Planned on researching a bit here on Stratics, but apparently someone blew up the website :p

So, I have a few general questions. Here goes.

1. What armor should I look for? right now I have a few pieces that have dropped from Ettins, Zombies, etc. and a couple nice luck items I picked up off the ground at Brit Bank.

2. What should I look for in a bow? Speed, stats, damage, etc...Got a good one now, thanks to Clown, but I don't want it to wear out while I level up my Archery and all that...

3. Suggestions on skills? Should I continue to pursue Fletching and LJ on this guy, or make a crafter character to make the bows and arrows for me?

...I think that's it for now. Thanks in advance for any answers!

T

Tovladian Soltyr

1. You want to look for armor that Has mana regen, Resists, HCI, DCI, HP Increase, stuff of that nature. I will come back later and go into more detail a little busy right now.

2. You want SSI, DI, Mana Leech, Life Leech, and a Hit Spell of some sort, those are the main things to look for.

3. Make a crafter if you have the free space

C

Caelas

Thanks for the answers, Tov. I have the space for a crafter...just going to have to utilize my wife's character or a sleepy spot in the woods somewhere to transfer arrows and bows.

How about skills? I know I need Archery (duh), Tactics, Anatomy...then Magic Resist, Healing...that's only five...still got room for two more. I'm open to suggestions!

C

Caelas

Fishing...actually I was thinking about that. Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Resist Magic, Healing, Fishing, and maybe Chiv. for travel / buffs.

Was also thinking of Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Resist Magic, Healing, Hiding, and Stealth...but I think that is more PvP whish I don't really like.

P

Pennywise

Fishing...actually I was thinking about that. Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Resist Magic, Healing, Fishing, and maybe Chiv. for travel / buffs.

Was also thinking of Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Resist Magic, Healing, Hiding, and Stealth...but I think that is more PvP whish I don't really like.
D-d-d-ders sometin' to be said fer sailin' dem high seas in Fel, dat der wind in yers hair, da salts on yer lips, and collecting all sorts of pillows and portraits.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Can't remember his template but I use to have a friend named Blue Blood that was a stealth archer that was really decent on PvM even though it was a PvP template.

C

Caelas

Ok, I think I'm gonna go Archery, Anatomy, Tactics, Resist Magic, Chivalry (buffs and travel FTW!) Healing, and...fishing. As Pennywise said, nothin like fishing up pillows and portraits...and shoes...

(Thanks again for the help, Pennywise!)

V

Vyal

hey thats a good idea I should drop spellweaving on my template and put fishing on :/

dang trammys

E

eolsunder

Ok..

Archery is a fighting skill, you should not have any crafting skills on a warrior. Crafting skills go on a crafter. Putting them on a warrior only lessens' the warriors skill in killing things. Put fletching on your crafter and let the crafter make your arrows and bows.

There are different templates for archers. Depends on what you like to do.

In PvP, a ninja stealth archer seems to be very popular for the hit and run techniques.

In PvM, of course you want a paladin archer, maybe with some bushido mixxed in, or even necromancy for wraithform mana regains.

As for bows, the main feature is swing speed. Even great bows aren't great if they don't have swing speed on them. That is your most important mod. The rest of the mods depend on what you want to use the bow for.

PVP.. hit stamina leech, hit (lightinging/fireball), balanced these are nice mods. stamina leech to keep your speed up, balanced so you can drink potions as you shoot, and hit spells to increase damage.

So a great pvp bow would be

balanced
hit lightning/fireball
hit stamina leech
30 ssi
40 di

something like that

A good PVM bow would need ssi of course. Hit mana leech is a main mod for pvm. Not so good in pvp, but very much needed in pvm since mana regen is nerfed doubly for archer paladins types. Stamina leech is nice, but maybe not needed for paladins. balanced is nice, but not used alot in pvm, many don't drink potions. Probably slayer property is a main needed mod.

So a good pvm bow

hit mana leech
30 ssi
40 di
slayer type
i guess luck would rock on such a nice bow also.

And Fishing is ok on your archer, but not as a main skill. Soulstone it and use it when you want to fish, but it shouldn't be a main archer skill.

Your suggested skills are nice

archery, tactics, healing, anatomy, chivalry, resist, all nice for your archer. Bushido isn't bad either. Necromancy is nice for vamp form (poison resist, regens, hp leech).

B

BardMal

If you need a place, there are some openings near my village, between Ice Cave and Dungeon Wrong (wife and I call it Shorewood)- I could spot you a little gold to place something comfy. There are trees galore, the meanie spawn is low, and I have a bunch of archer type armor barbed kit pieces laying around that need someone to wear em.

I have a GM fletcher that can help repair for you, when your bows wear down, if you were a "local", as well as feathers stockpiled from '98 and enough boards to get you a start with arrows.

I look at the date of your original post and can guess that you are probably already pretty well set up, knowing the peeps on this shard.