• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Press Beta Invites Begin

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We at Guild Wars 2 are very excited to announce the 'Press Beta' invites are out. The excitement level just mutiplied a million times for the Guild Wars 2 player Nation.

This is good news for all the fans and players because now everybody will get to see and hear more beat coverage hopefully from the press and their views of Guild Wars 2.

Here are a few tweets already out from Press that has recieved beta invites from ArenaNet.

Charles Onyett- IGN
"Guild Wars 2 beta invite acquired. Look for coverage at 6 AM pacific on February 20."

Curse Network @cursenetwork
"Guild Wars 2 CBT invite here we come! Expect lots of juicy details later this month. :]"

Devin Connors - Tomsguide
"GUILD WARS 2 BETA! Operation High-Five Everyone In Sight is go!"

Johnathon Ross - Destructoid
"Invites are out for the Guild Wars 2 beta weekend. Expect an impressions post on Destructoid from me later this month!"

Our staff here at GW2 stratics will announce any more tweets as they are found. This is great news and our impression that the NDA will be lifted after the 20th of february by the dates on some of the tweets we listed above for press.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some more details

Guild Wars 2 Coverage Incoming - PC News at IGN

Guild Wars 2 Coverage Incoming

We have an invite, expect coverage on February 20.

February 3, 2012February 4, 2012February 3, 2012

Good news, we just received an invite to play in an upcoming round of beta testing in ArenaNet's highly anticipated Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately we can't share, but you can expect plenty of coverage to hit on Monday, February 20 at 6 AM Pacific.

We'll have previews, video and features covering everything we're able to see during our limited play session. Why is this exciting? Because Guild Wars 2 looks amazing, as we've said in multiple previews so far.

B

Bella

OMG OMG OMG... I feel .... Excited!!! Can't wait to see what the reporters have to say about GW2!!

B

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is another update and posted on GW2G site.

Martin Kerstein
ArenaNet

Ok, before this get's out of hand:

We just started sending out invites. And no, I personally do not have the list of who will get invited.

Also: We will NOT lift the NDA, selected members of the press will be allowed to talk about their gaming experience. No general lifting of the NDA.

Hope that helps, you all have a great weekend.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update from ArenaNet Eric Flannum over at guildwars2guru

Eric Flannum
ArenaNet

Those of you who are freaking out really need to calm down. Not all of the invites have gone out and certainly not everyone who has been invited has said anything. There are a lot of media involved in this event and a lot of people who aren't media as well. Remember, we are still in a closed beta phase right now and those beta testers are all under NDA. A lot of you seem to assume that the only people who are playing in the closed beta are friends and family and that no "real" fans are playing the game. I can assure you that we don't have nearly enough friends to fill even a modest closed beta and that plenty of "real" fans have and will play the game. As Mike said in his letter we are letting press into this particular event and we are in general letting them talk about their experience. Those who are not press are still under strict NDA. We never promised that this feb event would be without NDA and we never said this feb event was an open beta of any sort. What we did say was that we are ramping up to larger and larger events and even gave a monthly timeframe. We are sticking to that promise. I hope this helps keep things in perspective.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update...

Originally Posted by TenTonHammer
This just in: BIG @GuildWars2 news coming to Ten Ton Hammer on Feb.20th. Stay tuned! What could it be? Speculate away.

S

Scarsdale Punk

Do you guys think a hand full of beta weekends is enough to build an in-depth opinion on the game for the writers? I don't expect them to level all the way through, but it can take time to pick up on nuances and things that might be broken in the long run.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a good question.

Depending on the writer, and how good they would really be at gaming would influence the review I think.

If I was just ok at gaming and never really played a game where I had to dodge or move around. I may feel the game is to hard for any gamer especially new players that have never played an MMO. So my review my be based on difficulty based on my experience.

Now lets go with the above but I am good at gaming and the above mentioned was no issue to me. I may be stunned with the graphics, the game is awesome and the experiences I had was fantastic. So this review would greatly differ than the one above.

I would think the press will be truly unbias on their personal opinions to give GW2 a fair review. ArenaNet with this press beta may vary on different levels in the game. I wish I could say how they were running it but I can't. lol

ArenaNet had said beta weekends so hopefully the press will get enough time in to give an in-depth review of the game.

Just like players, some may come in and play GW2 and have trouble if while others are not. I think the learning curve for GW2 is fair but it all depends on the players on how they react and percieve the game.

S

Scarsdale Punk

All the comments I've seen/heard from people that have played the game demo have said the same thing: almost no learning curve. Everything just feels right. But I'm more interested in hearing constructive criticism of things that may or may not be problems in the near future.

That said, I'll likely show up at Arenanet's HQ holding a radio over my head, because this game looks like the one.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I could remember that video of the person on youtube that did not dodge and was getting pwned off the bat.

I agree with you. I would like to hear if there are going to be any issues I hope they do find them and discuss them.

I feel this is the game for me because I do enjoy GW1 but improved with many features and seems balanced in my opinion. Time will tell but I have not been disappointed ( in my experiences) yet by Arenanet yet.

S

Scarsdale Punk

I think most of the youtube videos are of people getting pwned for not dodging. Just like most of the ranger videos are of people not using their pets. :lame: