• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event The Plot Thickens, 20th April @ 8pm GMT

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Royal Investigators explore Nujel'm at this very moment; What will they discover, and what action will the King demand when he gets their reports? Today's event will continue the plot, but one thing is for sure, Nujel'm doesn't appreciate Britannia meddling in it's affairs, so attend this date armed!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just double checking the time for this event and I see that in this thread it says 8pm GMT and on the EMs forum is says 8pm GMT AND 8pm UK time - now I really don't know which is valid.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
It's at GMT, or 1 hour 30 from this post; by EM forum it seems you mean Europa.uoem.net, and yes it seems the autofill lists UK time. Must delve into the code and change that...

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
*rubs eyes* Lots to catch up with still, I've just noticed Wordpress updates broke the uoem page comments yet again! Whoo! I'll sort that out tomorrow, hopefully. But just to clarify, no no no, it was at 9pm for the UK , but exactly the same time for those who've not swapped to Summer Time yet (or countries that don't use it. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_by_country

Confusing eh? The whole EU technically changes on the same date, but Europa has players from everywhere, which is why I've tried to use GMT, as it doesn't move. Do you want to hear something even more confusing? Wordpress doesn't have a GMT label, but UTC instead, which is identical in time but a more modern term to describe it... but not one used in the UK... everyone says GMT. But I then had it pointed out to me that somewhere in the style sheet for the UOEM page it's listed as "UK Time" on each post, I just can't win!

Next event is at the same time as this one, is the short version :p