• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The plate issue. (READ ME) *DELETED* *DELETED*

G

I really hope the devs DON'T spend any time on this issue right now. We have more serious issues for them to spend their time on. Maybe some day down the road when the game is running smoothly and all the transitions have taken place, I would love for "automatic plate pickup" to be put in place. I hate having to wait til my av is finished eating before clicking. I have noticed in the houses that I spend time in, there are always those few that don't pick up their plate. But there are always those right behind that pick it up for them. I usually make a little comment like "oh... you forgot your plate. Don't worry, I'll get it for you
" Quite honestly, I don't think that makes an impact on them. I would LOVE Servo though so you have my vote on that!!!

I have also hosted a busy house in the past and I always figured cleaning up was part of the joys of hosting a house.

P.S. Stratics is not and never has been the "official forum" for the game. I'm too lazy to dig through the archives to find a thread on it though.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

*random reply hit*

I am shocked this thread is still active. It's real simple, just don't host a house if you don't like cleaning up after others.

I have hosted many busy money and skill houses and it mattered not to me if I had to click 'clean' between serenades and what not. You get roaches? Who cares? Spray them. Put that in the Q as well. I would never let it upset me.

Gee.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think a big problem is that as far as I know you can't keep the maid on the lot anymore using the trick that used to work. I'm thinking the devs fixed that and it is the worst mistake they could have made. If the maid was there round the clock it wouldn't be a problem because she'd be so busy cleaning up plates that she wouldn't have enough time to stand around and scratch her ass LOL. Ever notice that if you keep chores cued up for the maid to do she doesn't lolly-gag so much time in between them. Same principle LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what we need right? SERVO was SIMS 1!!!

Problem solved! LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!
)))))))))))))))))))))

But yeah, Thats what we need. Maybe also the "Butler/Caterer" Which was that from, House Party? LOL

But seriously, After getting all these negatives? I am just gonna quit pancakes about it from on. It seems the negatives are over powering the positives on this discussion. It they pile up? They pile up! Screw it! LOL

Take care everyone, Hope to see you in game!

undertheblade in TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! haha that is ABSOLUTELY what we need around here!
let us end this thread with a request for our beloved Servo...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an idea I would back 118%, on both points, drew

However, with the game separating itself from the TS1 and TS2 franchise, I think our days of getting stuff from the offline game objects is over
It WOULD have made an excellent 6th year anniversary object, or a high price object that would serve as a big money drain when the house owners that just really wanted to bypass the whole issue would be able to get. Let's see.

The maid is 10 e.m.u. a game hour. That's 240 e.m.u game day if you can manage to keep her on your lot through hiding the plates.

Some basic figures, good thing I'm good in math LOL

5 RL minutes = 1 sim hour
40 RL minutes = 8 sim hours
2 RL hours = 24 sim hours

The top houses stay open 8-12 RL hours a day, on average, some as many as 20-22, but we'll take the lower number for purposes of calculation. If the maid costs 10 e.m.u per sim hour then every sim day you are paying her 240 e.m.u. or ballpark between 1920-3600 a RL hosting day coming out of the owner's pocket since the maid is the only NPC that the owner pays for, not the roomie that hires him/her. IMO, that would mean that the servo should cost somewhere between 15k-25k, since that's about what you'd shell out for the maid in a RL week if you kept her on the lot every hour your lot was open. For that price, you never have to pay another maid, you don't have to waste your breath harping at guests and therefore you don't alienate them which gives you a better shot at being #1 since alienated guests will find somewhere else to go to help them be #1 instead of you.

Seeing all that on paper makes me wish it was possible, and maybe it would be possible for the devs to make an object custom for this game that would be possible, or when we are able to make objects that have game code in them ourselves through custom content, maybe somebody will make this and call it something besides a Servo and make a bloody fortune off of it with hosts that want to be #1 but dont' want to work like dogs to do it LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very interesting that you seem to be all about no cheating and reporting bugs as soon as you find them, however, you have no problem with making the maid stay on your lot when obviously the game wasn't designed to do that. Would you not call that cheating?

I'm sure you'll come up with some snazzy way to twist it in your way. Your other snide comment about knowing the poster and how they are really didn't belong in the post either.

After reading all the posts here I actually feel bad for the way I responded to her. Do I think she is taking things way too seriously? yes I do but she still has the right to post just as a certain poster feels they need to post in EVERY thread.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

I really hope the devs DON'T spend any time on this issue right now. We have more serious issues for them to spend their time on. Maybe some day down the road when the game is running smoothly and all the transitions have taken place, I would love for "automatic plate pickup" to be put in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, and when is this going to happen?

G

It seems to me that the plate issue is only an issue in TC3 and not EA Land (at least I have seen roomies getting their underwear in a knot about it in TC3, maybe I have just been lucky in EA Land) and I think there are 2 main causes:

1 The large number of new players in TC3. The majority of seasoned sims (er...avatars) are used to the etiquette of picking up after themselves, and do so the majority of the time. New players have yet to learn (and if they have little or no English, are unlikely to learn from being yelled at in English). Also, as one of those who always picks up, I strongly object to being shouted at along with those who don't, it gets very tiresome after the first 3 or 4 times.

2 The removal of visitor bonus. This of course also applies to EA Land, but people in this city seem generally more chilled out. Skill lot owners/roomies are completely impotent to do anything to make money while hosting, which probably leads to resentment, but for my money the largest problem lies in money houses where roomies are so hell bent on slaving away at jams or pizza in order to make up the shortfall that they don't want to be bothered with the actual business of hosting.

At one house in TC3, which shall remain nameless, the sole roomie was so busy playing pizza that she didn't even want to tear herself away from it for 20 seconds to set a buffet, and she screamed blue murder at guests that were asking for food. There so happened to be a turkey left out, with which we were supposed to content ourselves, which somebody picked up and threw in the bin! Poetic justice

The sulky attitute of a number of hosts in TC3 was partly responsible for me running back to EA Land with my tail between my legs - the atmosphere is not one I want to be playing in.

As far as I'm concerned, if you live on a busy skill or money lot, you are STAFF. It's not a residence. As such, you should be prepared to clean and pick up plates. If you don't want to do that, DONT live in a skill or money house.

It would be nice tho, if sims automatically picked up plates after use, it's a pain having to sit and wait while they eat rather than being able to get up and go make a drink or use the bathroom.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is very interesting that you seem to be all about no cheating and reporting bugs as soon as you find them, however, you have no problem with making the maid stay on your lot when obviously the game wasn't designed to do that. Would you not call that cheating?

I'm sure you'll come up with some snazzy way to twist it in your way. Your other snide comment about knowing the poster and how they are really didn't belong in the post either.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Is this a joke??? Keeping the maid on your lot is far from cheating. It is maneuvering around the way she was programmed... to leave when everything is done and to not wait around. That is done so the homeowner does not have to pay for a day of her services if there is nothing to do.

Her costs are still coming out of my pocket aren't they? YES
If this is cheating, then the Dev's can come in and take it away. Considering it has been present in the game for it's entire existence... I don't think they consider it cheating either... just being resourceful!

G

*just hitting reply*

I also host at a top 10 property (no, not the one listed in my siggy) and so I can understand frustrations. HOWEVER, I made that decision to host. I have never once asked any sims to clean up after themselves (okay, one time.. but that guy was just plain rude all the way around.. he got a little smarter after I booted him and he came back LOL) I ALWAYS thank sims when I see them picking up plates, cleaning showers, toilets, etc. As far as spending too much time in the kitchen?? I manage to seranade 30 sims (3 each time), prepare HC, and help clean up, without much fuss. As a host at a top skill lot, I don't ever expect to be able to skill... seriously. LOL

On the flip side... one person who posted (not sure who, and not pointing fingers) made the comment about how picking up a plate did not "fit in" to the greening process smoothly. You're right, it doesn't fit in smoothly. But think about this.. if I didn't spend all my time seranading sims (as many of the top houses do) to keep their energy and social up, then exactly how much more time would be spent greening, when you have to send your sim to bed, wait until energy is full, click to wake up, change into regular clothing (unless you are going to shower after sleeping) and then click on your skilling/money object?

In my view, neither stance is wrong... everyone is entitled to their opinion, and who am I to say their opinion is wrong??

The whole point, THANK YOU to everyone who helps out by cleaning. And to those who forget, THANK YOU for coming by to visit. Whatever your choice, THANK YOU!! I made my choice to host a top property, and all I ask it that those who stop in for a visit, have fun... and when they do, they manage to say THANK YOU!!

G

Cressy, I totally agree. I think after reading all of these posts it is apparent that gameplay varies greatly between EA Land and TC3.

It seems that many subscribing, old-time players are finding themselves extremely frustrated with the game in TC3. So I apologize if I have had a hard time empathizing with you TC3 players!

G

Wow! Some people here are being kind of nasty in their replies
. I look at it this way....can you say "Teamwork"! We should all work together to make the game pleasureable even if that means picking up your own plates! Alot of guests want that 118% and if the host has to keep getting up from the piano to clean peoples plates than that can drop the percent if there aren't enough visitors to keep it up...and God forbid you don't clean up your visitors plates and then get flies buzzing and your guests are commenting on how nasty the flies are. And sometimes (if you have a full house) you have to keep the tables clear so there are seats for everyone. To que up your greening cycle and walk away from the computer isn't fair to others. Some people just don't play well with others I guess
. But my goodness...lighten up on the main poster here! With that said....let's all play together and think about others

burn away!

G

Also for the hosts that are finding it difficult with a full house...
it helps if you have a 2nd account up and running to use for serenades and misc. cleaning; it can be a great help!

Now don't freak I know it's easier said than done and that not everyone can afford a second account. BUT if you can, or if you have one- using it as a pseudo-host can really put the ease on hosting so many people

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Is this a joke??? Keeping the maid on your lot is far from cheating. It is maneuvering around the way she was programmed... to leave when everything is done and to not wait around. That is done so the homeowner does not have to pay for a day of her services if there is nothing to do.

Her costs are still coming out of my pocket aren't they? YES
If this is cheating, then the Dev's can come in and take it away. Considering it has been present in the game for it's entire existence... I don't think they consider it cheating either... just being resourceful!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Of course it is cheating. Manuvering around the way the game is programmed IS a cheat. Just because you can do it in the game without bots doesn't mean it's not cheating. What about putting something on your enter key so that you can stay online all day. Is that not cheating too? Her costs may be coming out of your pocket but not for her to stay all day. Consider this. Bots have been in the game for it's entire existence too. Do you think they consider that being resourceful? Cheating is cheating whether or not you can do it without outside resources or not. The maid was not meant to be there all day so I consider manuvering her to stay a "bug" and should be reported. Hey, what if I found that if I put a cheap chair in 4 walls and sat on it all day and it gave me money. Is that a cheat? I'm just manuvering the way the game is programmed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

. But my goodness...lighten up on the main poster here! With that said....let's all play together and think about others

burn away!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind post. I am done with this place. Its just one slamfest and oneups right after another one. And who is better than the other one at replies.

No wonder the official site is full of comments in the blogs? And it has very little to do with the subject itself.

I have reported this whole thread to the moderators. Apologizing if I did something wrong, Or put this in the wrong place.

I am going back to lurking mode. Again, Its just not a nice environment here.

But it was worth it though. I know now? Not to ever complain about plates anymore. It seems to be an issue? That there is clearly no resolution for.

So to any of the friends I did make here? Come find me in TC3! (undertheblade)

I'd love meet any of you!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think a big problem is that as far as I know you can't keep the maid on the lot anymore using the trick that used to work. I'm thinking the devs fixed that and it is the worst mistake they could have made. If the maid was there round the clock it wouldn't be a problem because she'd be so busy cleaning up plates that she wouldn't have enough time to stand around and scratch her ass LOL. Ever notice that if you keep chores cued up for the maid to do she doesn't lolly-gag so much time in between them. Same principle LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what we need right? SERVO was SIMS 1!!!

Problem solved! LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!
)))))))))))))))))))))

But yeah, Thats what we need. Maybe also the "Butler/Caterer" Which was that from, House Party? LOL

But seriously, After getting all these negatives? I am just gonna quit pancakes about it from on. It seems the negatives are over powering the positives on this discussion. It they pile up? They pile up! Screw it! LOL

Take care everyone, Hope to see you in game!

undertheblade in TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! haha that is ABSOLUTELY what we need around here!
let us end this thread with a request for our beloved Servo...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an idea I would back 118%, on both points, drew

However, with the game separating itself from the TS1 and TS2 franchise, I think our days of getting stuff from the offline game objects is over
It WOULD have made an excellent 6th year anniversary object, or a high price object that would serve as a big money drain when the house owners that just really wanted to bypass the whole issue would be able to get. Let's see.

The maid is 10 e.m.u. a game hour. That's 240 e.m.u game day if you can manage to keep her on your lot through hiding the plates.

Some basic figures, good thing I'm good in math LOL

5 RL minutes = 1 sim hour
40 RL minutes = 8 sim hours
2 RL hours = 24 sim hours

The top houses stay open 8-12 RL hours a day, on average, some as many as 20-22, but we'll take the lower number for purposes of calculation. If the maid costs 10 e.m.u per sim hour then every sim day you are paying her 240 e.m.u. or ballpark between 1920-3600 a RL hosting day coming out of the owner's pocket since the maid is the only NPC that the owner pays for, not the roomie that hires him/her. IMO, that would mean that the servo should cost somewhere between 15k-25k, since that's about what you'd shell out for the maid in a RL week if you kept her on the lot every hour your lot was open. For that price, you never have to pay another maid, you don't have to waste your breath harping at guests and therefore you don't alienate them which gives you a better shot at being #1 since alienated guests will find somewhere else to go to help them be #1 instead of you.

Seeing all that on paper makes me wish it was possible, and maybe it would be possible for the devs to make an object custom for this game that would be possible, or when we are able to make objects that have game code in them ourselves through custom content, maybe somebody will make this and call it something besides a Servo and make a bloody fortune off of it with hosts that want to be #1 but dont' want to work like dogs to do it LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading all the posts here I actually feel bad for the way I responded to her. Do I think she is taking things way too seriously? yes I do but she still has the right to post just as a certain poster feels they need to post in EVERY thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an ignore feature. Since you seem to nitpick every single post I make, no matter which forum it is in, may I respectfully suggest you use it instead of stalking my posts and walking the tightrope of trolling me?

To answer your question, no I do not think keeping the maid on the property 24 hours a day is cheating? Why? Because its not something you get for nothing, you pay the maid those extra hours. That trick is something we've been doing in game for YEARS, way before the end of TSO, way before TC3 was born and WAY before TSO became EA Land. If the devs thought it was a bug and was causing instability to the game they would say so, and if they ever said so, I assure you I would stop doing it. You cannot have it both ways, you can't say just because *I* do something it is wrong and for everybody else to do it is right. It is transparently clear that you really don't think that this is a bug or exploit at all and are just in opposition to it because I'm im support of it, whereas with my stance regarding afk cheaters and other types, I don't care who does it, it is wrong. So which of us is the hypocrit?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

burn away!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind post. I am done with this place. Its just one slamfest and oneups right after another one. And who is better than the other one at replies.

No wonder the official site is full of comments in the blogs? And it has very little to do with the subject itself.

I have reported this whole thread to the moderators. Apologizing if I did something wrong, Or put this in the wrong place.

I am going back to lurking mode. Again, Its just not a nice environment here.

But it was worth it though. I know now? Not to ever complain about plates anymore. It seems to be an issue? That there is clearly no resolution for.

So to any of the friends I did make here? Come find me in TC3! (undertheblade)

I'd love meet any of you!

[/ QUOTE ]

awww, don't go back to lurking....unfortunetely it's like real life (well it is real life lol)....there are rude, selfish people in every bunch
. I'm just one of those saps that believes in "world peace" type thinking. Not everyone thinks like that. Ya just got to take the rude people with a grain of salt

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are you serious? Of course it is cheating. Manuvering around the way the game is programmed IS a cheat. Just because you can do it in the game without bots doesn't mean it's not cheating. What about putting something on your enter key so that you can stay online all day. Is that not cheating too? Her costs may be coming out of your pocket but not for her to stay all day. Consider this. Bots have been in the game for it's entire existence too. Do you think they consider that being resourceful? Cheating is cheating whether or not you can do it without outside resources or not. The maid was not meant to be there all day so I consider manuvering her to stay a "bug" and should be reported. Hey, what if I found that if I put a cheap chair in 4 walls and sat on it all day and it gave me money. Is that a cheat? I'm just manuvering the way the game is programmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitting in a chair and receiving money would be a Money Exploit and is not a reasonable comparison to the plate on the roof. By utilizing this exploit you would be at an advantage over all other players and that is the problem. Anyone can utilize the plate tip and use it to their advantage. I believe it IS a smarter way to play the game.

It would've been much more reasonable to compare it with the "Hide" action. Before a jam contest- you hide once you are green. Is this cheating because you have a way to get around how sims are programmed (losing green)? NO- I do not believe so, especially because everyone can do it.

Apparently we have very different ideas of cheating is.

If you think it is cheating than report it as a bug, don't tell me it should be reported because God knows I won't waste my time! But go right ahead and I'll be sure to watch out for it's removal from the game... which I am not betting on

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with both Aqua Lung AND Twisted. How? Because Aqua is right the game mechanics make it very difficult for us to que up several things to do so our human can run off and take care of RL for a min. And real life does make us pause many times in game play, it's the nature of RL
. But as for agreeing with Twisted, I think people are missing the true point he is trying to make. He wants them to do just that..change the mechanics of the game so that when we eat a plate we automatically PICK up said plate. This I totally agree with since I play sims 1, and the sims there were nice neat freaks, always cleaning up after themselves without me having to program them to do it. That's all I think is going on here..a NEED for that to be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can 118% agree that a change in game mechanics is needed. The only problem with queing up another plate on the tables that I've found is that if I don't que up another action behind it, then I will clean up to 5 plates when I've only eaten two, or if I do que up the plate next to me and then que up other things, it won't clean up both the plates I ate, it will just clean up the one I qued on. *My* main issue with the whole thing is the tone in which a hosts asks their guests to clean up behind themselves. The signs, I don't mind. Gentle reminders once in a while, again, I don't mind. But beyond that it just goes into badgering and harrassment and if you harrassed guests in your home how long do you think they would stay there, and if you are entertaining them as a business party, which is basically what hosting a skill lot is because you are trying to boost your popularity, how many of their friends do you think they are going to tell to avoid your lot like the PLAGUE? Just not smart business. Even if I hated it the better thing for the future of my lot would be to mutter swear words under my breath in RL as I cleaned up however many plates were there, and then when I have had enough pass the torch so to speak onto the next roomie in line.

That's also another reason that I am so much in favor of equal division of labor when it comes to hosting, splitting a 12 hour RL day equally amongst the roomies so that no one roomie HAS to stay in a house more than 2 or 3 hours in a row. If I was couped up for 8-12 hours doing stuff like that I'd get a case of cabin fever and crabbiness too, but hosts are bringing that on themselves by not getting good roomies and booting ones who are 'dead weight' not doing their fair share. That's just part of running a successful house, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

FYI, the maid leaves at 6:00 pm regardless of placing something to keep her there. Hiding something old or dirty only serves to keep her from leaving before 6:00 pm. My .02.

Legs

[/ QUOTE ]

Then that is something that has been 'fixed' for whatever reason, but that's what drew and I were talking about....he says it still works on his lot, so I'm confused. Unless it unstabilizes the game, then this is kinda like the fixing of the bug that ended the Orbism religion
. Nikki, remember that?

G

<blockquote><hr>

P.S. Stratics is not and never has been the "official forum" for the game. I'm too lazy to dig through the archives to find a thread on it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was, it just no longer is. This was the official boards when we were booted off the EA/Maxis run boards in (03 or 04? Some people have reg dates that date to the first day we moved to Stratics)that the game started with, but Parizad posted several months ago that she and Brekkee found the old contracts stating that, but that they had expired and just never been renewed. When they were not renewed, Stratics became a fansite rather than the official forums. The devs do post here regularly, but only because so many people are still congregated here, many not even aware that this is no longer the official forums since that discussion has long since died down. I wish it had been stickied for a while at least, but I don't think it was.

G

I now must reply to this post and say that I FULLY agree with it. I was at a skill house, ONE roomie, expected to cook, sing and clean up after RUDE guest that insisted on not picking up their plates, screaming for songs and not once did I see them return the favor to the roomie. I even said in open chat, don't forget to take care of your host, if you have the ability to sing to her then show her some appreciation.

If a roomie is there alone then to me it is important that we as guest show respect and pick up the plates and if you have the ability to serenade, sing to the host/hostess. I was appalled at how no one thought of returning the favor to her. I suggested it and still nothing. I told the roomie to close the house, she was alone, no other roomies coming online, the owner was at RL work and wouldn't be there for hours.

Also, if you are going to be a roomie at a house, show up and help for pete's sake. Running a skill house with just one roomie isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. Running it with demanding people is even harder.

If you see that the skill house you are visiting has only one roomie working, be kind and help out.

I have often wondered what the RL houses of those that don't clean up after themselves look like.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have often wondered what the RL houses of those that don't clean up after themselves look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

I try to be courteous when visiting other props...clean up my plates, make the beds, etc, etc... My RL house, however... sadly it's lacking in the cleanliness department....

I blame the game!!!

G

Hi Ruby, just wondering, are you in EA Land or TC3? I am testing my hypothesis haha...

Anyway, I want to repeat my feeling on the real issue of this post, because it has gotten hidden behind all of the jabber.

I do not see leftover plates as an "issue" that necessarily needs to be "acknowledged by the Devs".

I think it is just another task of a host. Something that you can always expect to deal with if you want to host a house. If it is a problem, try hosting with other roomies (rather than taking on a house alone) or try to find another aspect of this game to occupy yourself with- meaning don't host.
I'm sorry to say it and I don't mean it in a condescending manner.

BUT... as a host myself, it always helps when guests are helpful and appreciative. I always thank guests for cleaning around or helping with serenades. It really is a great way to thank a host if you cannot afford to tip them at the moment.

So it just comes down to the kind of guest you want to be. There is no RIGHT answer, but there is a favorable answer. But again, for every guest who forgets to clean his/her plates, there is a gracious guest right behind them doing it for them. So stay positive and don't get bogged down by the plate problem!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I now must reply to this post and say that I FULLY agree with it. I was at a skill house, ONE roomie, expected to cook, sing and clean up after RUDE guest that insisted on not picking up their plates, screaming for songs and not once did I see them return the favor to the roomie. I even said in open chat, don't forget to take care of your host, if you have the ability to sing to her then show her some appreciation.

If a roomie is there alone then to me it is important that we as guest show respect and pick up the plates and if you have the ability to serenade, sing to the host/hostess. I was appalled at how no one thought of returning the favor to her. I suggested it and still nothing. I told the roomie to close the house, she was alone, no other roomies coming online, the owner was at RL work and wouldn't be there for hours.

Also, if you are going to be a roomie at a house, show up and help for pete's sake. Running a skill house with just one roomie isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. Running it with demanding people is even harder.

If you see that the skill house you are visiting has only one roomie working, be kind and help out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I agree with your first sentiment 100%. I've got two sims that currently have serenade, and if either of them is on a lot with a lone roomie as you say and he/she is doing the 'extras' of serenading, making HC without having to be asked numerous times, greeting (yes, everybody misses a few people coming in when they get up for a 5 minute potty break or to grab a drink) and the like, I have no problem serenading him/her 3 times every time I get up to green. In fact, even with sims that don't have serenade for those roomies if I am bringing up my own social using the 'sitting in the chair flirt/compliment/flirt/compliment' and the roomie sim is a sim that is too young to have acquired serenade, then I will still use those flirt/compliments to bring up both my social and his/hers, or I will ask him/her if they want to play pool for social.

I'm not a complete tyrant when it comes to what I expect from hosts, the only ones that I really get upset over are those that already do have serenade and are just too lazy or too rebellious against 'ungrateful sims' to use it. What is the point of getting a skill if you're not going to use the interactions that go along with it......just to craft? The only moneymaking things creativity is good for is painting/typewriting and band. The band object is dead because of the unfixed bug and painting/typewriting is nill, so I don't understanding the mindset behind acquiring creativity if you are anti-serenade other than to just thumb your nose proverbially and say "HA! I have it but I'm not gonna use it."

G

I am in EA-Land, but I would have the same to say to anyone in TC3 as well.

This reply to the original post is not directed at those that help out a host/hostess, it is those that become demanding so to speak when it comes to serenades. I too sit and compliment the host/hostess as the alt sim I was on does not have any creativity. I also will get in a bed to raise my energy and comfort. And I pick up my plate almost everytime, unless someone picks it up before I have a chance to click on the plate to do it myself, I then thank that person for doing so. I thank the host/hostess for their hospitality, HC and songs. I have been a hostess and if I tell my guest to leave the plates and I will clean them, more times then not I get those that still clean up after themselves. I don't always offer that, but if I have help with roomies I sometimes do. I am there like all host to provide a service, but I will not bow to demanding guest.

As for the statement about RL houses, I skill AFK alot of times to do my housework, but that is just how I am.

*steps down from the perverbial band box once again*

S

Shyanne1

I'm not a complete tyrant when it comes to what I expect from hosts, the only ones that I really get upset over are those that already do have serenade and are just too lazy or too rebellious against 'ungrateful sims' to use it. What is the point of getting a skill if you're not going to use the interactions that go along with it......just to craft? The only moneymaking things creativity is good for is painting/typewriting and band. The band object is dead because of the unfixed bug and painting/typewriting is nill, so I don't understanding the mindset behind acquiring creativity if you are anti-serenade other than to just thumb your nose proverbially and say "HA! I have it but I'm not gonna use it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Just trolling again....

Not using serenade is being lazy or rebellious? Who made up the rule that if you host a house that you have to serenade them? In the beginning of the game no one ever serenaded anyone. It's a nice gesture but I wouldn't consider not doing it being lazy. Just because someone doesn't use an interaction doesn't mean that getting the skill is useless. You act like if you get creativity to paint or type and not use serenade than you are the evil sim. I actually would like to see hosts stop serenading. That is what beds AND interactions are for. No wonder hosts are getting tired of picking up plates. They are singing to all the lazy sims that can't get up and sleep in a bed. All I ever hear in houses is "someone sing to me please!!!!!!!" Get off your lazy butt and go sleep.

OH and you can also make money at DJing too.

G

Just trolling again....

Not using serenade is being lazy or rebellious? Who made up the rule that if you host a house that you have to serenade them? In the beginning of the game no one ever serenaded anyone. It's a nice gesture but I wouldn't consider not doing it being lazy. Just because someone doesn't use an interaction doesn't mean that getting the skill is useless. You act like if you get creativity to paint or type and not use serenade than you are the evil sim. I actually would like to see hosts stop serenading. That is what beds AND interactions are for. No wonder hosts are getting tired of picking up plates. They are singing to all the lazy sims that can't get up and sleep in a bed. All I ever hear in houses is "someone sing to me please!!!!!!!" Get off your lazy butt and go sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREED!!! Someone that gets what the post is about!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am in EA-Land, but I would have the same to say to anyone in TC3 as well.

This reply to the original post is not directed at those that help out a host/hostess, it is those that become demanding so to speak when it comes to serenades. I too sit and compliment the host/hostess as the alt sim I was on does not have any creativity. I also will get in a bed to raise my energy and comfort. And I pick up my plate almost everytime, unless someone picks it up before I have a chance to click on the plate to do it myself, I then thank that person for doing so. I thank the host/hostess for their hospitality, HC and songs. I have been a hostess and if I tell my guest to leave the plates and I will clean them, more times then not I get those that still clean up after themselves. I don't always offer that, but if I have help with roomies I sometimes do. I am there like all host to provide a service, but I will not bow to demanding guest.

As for the statement about RL houses, I skill AFK alot of times to do my housework, but that is just how I am.

*steps down from the perverbial band box once again*

[/ QUOTE ]
NOIP

[shrug] Seems pretty simple to me.
My lot=my rules.

So..... if I say you don't have to clear yer friggin' plate, then you don't have to clear yer friggin' plate!

But, if I say you *do* have to to clear yer friggin' plate, then you better clear yer friggin' plate or you'll be looking for a different place to go!

Sorry to sound so 'namby-pamby', I guess I'm just too easy going. [halo]

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO

You have got to be kidding, right?? Of all the things that people find to complain about in TSO, you decide to fill up half a page with rants about people not picking up their dirty plates??

Oh my god, my sides are aching from laughing! Thanks, a good joke is always appreciated! Seriously, find something else to complain about - it shouldn't be hard, just check some of the other threads for inspirations!

*wipes tears from eye and goes off chuckling merrily to herself*

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring back the dirty plate towers. Remember when everyone used to tell you not to pick up the dirty dishes so they can pile them up and see how high they can get the plates. Now if they let us do that again that would solve picking up the plates issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just trolling again....

[/ QUOTE ]

I did forget about the DJ job......my bad, that is actually the higher paying between that and the dancer job. Still, if you already have the serenade that goes along with getting the 10 creativty you needed to max out the track, then I see no good reason not to use it *unless* sims are DEMANDING. "Can someone serenade me please" is not a demand it is a request. Something along the lines of "OMG doesn't anybody in this house sing??!?!?!" would be a demand, and no, I would not sing to those sims either just as I will not give a leg up to a host who does not return the favor to his/her guests as they are able. They get back from me exactly what they give. They go the extra mile, they get it. They do the bare minimum, so do I: skill. Period. It's really that simple.

G

I find it interesting, especially with the remarks here and in other threads about the rudeness of lot owners and free players in TC3 and the situation being worse there, that as a TC3 player I have never encountered any of this in my visits to lots. No one screaming for serenades, signs about plates but no hosts screaming about them, no situations where rude players outnumber polite ones etc... I've played almost every day since I started, shouldn't I be encountering the terrible and abundant problems everyone is describing?

I'd bet that the problem is not worse in TC3 at all, seeing as how there are less players and less properties, it simply is being played off that way.

Put up a polite sign asking for plates to be cleaned up, to keep the house neat. i don't know about everyone else, but it always seems that someone cleans up the plates when others don't, roomies or not (I do), and I've never encountered a lot where plates are everywhere or the host is always cleaning them up and doing nothing else.

Just my own experience of course

G

<blockquote><hr>

I find it interesting, especially with the remarks here and in other threads about the rudeness of lot owners and free players in TC3 and the situation being worse there, that as a TC3 player I have never encountered any of this in my visits to lots. No one screaming for serenades, signs about plates but no hosts screaming about them, no situations where rude players outnumber polite ones etc... I've played almost every day since I started, shouldn't I be encountering the terrible and abundant problems everyone is describing?

I'd bet that the problem is not worse in TC3 at all, seeing as how there are less players and less properties, it simply is being played off that way.

Put up a polite sign asking for plates to be cleaned up, to keep the house neat. i don't know about everyone else, but it always seems that someone cleans up the plates when others don't, roomies or not (I do), and I've never encountered a lot where plates are everywhere or the host is always cleaning them up and doing nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was just in the one lot that I encountered it to the degree I'm talking about so no the overt rudeness is not really a big deal. I just do not want to SEE that kind of behavior spread through threads like this one, that's all. I have been to several lots where the roomies were always scurrying from one thing to another, serenading, picking up plates, cleaning showers and potties, fixing stuff that is broken during the hours that the repairman can't be had since he can't be trapped on the lot, that kind of thing.

I even have one lot that I go to, and have seen a particular roomie on more than one occassion apologize for serenading *too much*. He said "Sorry guys, I know you're probably green, but it gives me something to do. :p" When I questioned why he'd apologize he said it was because some sims actually accuse him of 'friendship whoring' which is a whole other topic. Two words that should never be put together. But anyway if I had my pick between seeing two scenarios.....a host that bitched because of their hosting duties and another who apologized for going 'overboard' (an oxymoron because there really is no such thing as doing too good a job hosting, its just called excellence) I'd much rather see a happy host going overboard because he loves what he is doing....and like you said, contrary to the attitudes in this thread, I don't think I'm in the minority, and I don't think that there is a high percentage of hosts that are in burnout mode, just a few hosts that really shouldn't be hosting that are screaming the loudest about how 'hard' it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was just in the one lot that I encountered it to the degree I'm talking about so no the overt rudeness is not really a big deal. I just do not want to SEE that kind of behavior spread through threads like this one, that's all. I have been to several lots where the roomies were always scurrying from one thing to another, serenading, picking up plates, cleaning showers and potties, fixing stuff that is broken during the hours that the repairman can't be had since he can't be trapped on the lot, that kind of thing.

I even have one lot that I go to, and have seen a particular roomie on more than one occassion apologize for serenading *too much*. He said "Sorry guys, I know you're probably green, but it gives me something to do. :p" When I questioned why he'd apologize he said it was because some sims actually accuse him of 'friendship whoring' which is a whole other topic. Two words that should never be put together. But anyway if I had my pick between seeing two scenarios.....a host that bitched because of their hosting duties and another who apologized for going 'overboard' (an oxymoron because there really is no such thing as doing too good a job hosting, its just called excellence) I'd much rather see a happy host going overboard because he loves what he is doing....and like you said, contrary to the attitudes in this thread, I don't think I'm in the minority, and I don't think that there is a high percentage of hosts that are in burnout mode, just a few hosts that really shouldn't be hosting that are screaming the loudest about how 'hard' it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

I guess I have a particular aversion to people speaking out against lot owners in TC3, because when I was a new player the owner and roomies of a skill lot helped me along despite being busy and were always so polite and good to me, I feel like they are being insulted.

The truth is, we just all have to take the good with the bad if we want to play. I'll be opening a lot in TC3 and I'm sure I'll have issues, we just need to use the tools at our disposal, and remember that being polite goes a long way, even with those who are not polite themselves

D

dirndingle

I'm just posting to say that I disagree with whatever the OP said.

Because being contrary for the sake of contrary is COOL AND BADAZZ!

The forums are MY GAME baby! Who needs to go into the actual game, or pay attention to the people in there if I am logged in, when I can be a forum PVP super hero in my own mind!? I can't wait until Dullsoft introduces The Forum Game. It's going to be an MMOG for condescending and lazy people like me, who join games but just hover around the forums trolling people with non sequiturs and straw man arguments. You get a point each time you ridicule someone. But don't be too nice, or you'll get a -1 point penalty, plus all your friends might think you're going soft. Wouldn't want that! Image people! It's all about image!

*goes off to patrol the forums for something else to ridicule*

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

FYI, the maid leaves at 6:00 pm regardless of placing something to keep her there. Hiding something old or dirty only serves to keep her from leaving before 6:00 pm. My .02.

Legs

[/ QUOTE ]

Then that is something that has been 'fixed' for whatever reason, but that's what drew and I were talking about....he says it still works on his lot, so I'm confused. Unless it unstabilizes the game, then this is kinda like the fixing of the bug that ended the Orbism religion
. Nikki, remember that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...and not to just be argumentative, but she has always left at 6:00 pm and does to this day. To make positive, I just polled a few top house owners and they say the same. I only wish we could make her stay all the time!
I don't see where drew says she stays 24/7, but if he did, he's mistaken.

Legs

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Legs

[/ QUOTE ]

. Nikki, remember that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...and not to just be argumentative, but she has always left at 6:00 pm and does to this day. To make positive, I just polled a few top house owners and they say the same. I only wish we could make her stay all the time!
I don't see where drew says she stays 24/7, but if he did, he's mistaken.

Legs

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for EAL or TC3 but I knew she used to in the old TSO, using the one squared 4 sided wall with a plate in the center of it trick. Used it on every lot I ever hosted on, was a godsend in the top houses. I couldn't get it to work in TC3 when I hosted briefly there, so I was surprised when drew said he did it on his lot in EA Land....but yeah that used to be sooooo handy.

G

Since I am mostly a visitor to other peoples homes right now, I eat and leave a plate.

Here is what I have noticed. While setting up my greening ques, If there is an empty plate lying around I click it. I cant click my own though. By the time I get to that plate in my que, it is already gone and mine is gone.

Basically I have yet to see a dirty plate last past a greening cycle.

All this uproar for a plate that is out for 2 mins????

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm just posting to say that I disagree with whatever the OP said.

Because being contrary for the sake of contrary is COOL AND BADAZZ!

The forums are MY GAME baby! Who needs to go into the actual game, or pay attention to the people in there if I am logged in, when I can be a forum PVP super hero in my own mind!? I can't wait until Dullsoft introduces The Forum Game. It's going to be an MMOG for condescending and lazy people like me, who join games but just hover around the forums trolling people with non sequiturs and straw man arguments. You get a point each time you ridicule someone. But don't be too nice, or you'll get a -1 point penalty, plus all your friends might think you're going soft. Wouldn't want that! Image people! It's all about image!

*goes off to patrol the forums for something else to ridicule*

[/ QUOTE ]

This post should win Post of the week Here is a ribbon for you.
<center>
</center>

I also come here for entertainment. It is funny to see the EALand signatures that show the person has not logged in for days but they act like they never log out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since I am mostly a visitor to other peoples homes right now, I eat and leave a plate.

Here is what I have noticed. While setting up my greening ques, If there is an empty plate lying around I click it. I cant click my own though. By the time I get to that plate in my que, it is already gone and mine is gone.

Basically I have yet to see a dirty plate last past a greening cycle.

All this uproar for a plate that is out for 2 mins????

[/ QUOTE ]

The signatures indicate when the person has logged into the particular sim indicated on the siggy, not the game as a whole, so that's not really a clear indication of how active they are in the game.....just how active they are on that sim or in that city.

I have to disagree on the blue ribbon thing, unless its specific to a particular classification, but that was not an overall blue ribbon post.....definitely not under rules A, B, and C of the RoC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also come here for entertainment. It is funny to see the EALand signatures that show the person has not logged in for days but they act like they never log out.

[/ QUOTE ]The signatures do not appear to auto-update anymore, so you can't use that as a gauge of how much time one has spent not logged into the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]The signatures do not appear to auto-update anymore, so you can't use that as a gauge of how much time one has spent not logged into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, they're not.......I moved out of the house listed on my sig a week ago and have gained a good bit more skill since then. I guess we have to go to TSO Mania and re-create the sig for it to show current info? I thought maybe my cache just wasn't updating or something.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

I try to be courteous when visiting other props...clean up my plates, make the beds, etc, etc... My RL house, however... sadly it's lacking in the cleanliness department....

I blame the game!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft! If all cleaning my house consisted of was picking up a few plates, cleaning out a potty and shower and making a few beds, id be in house cleaning heaven lol!