• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Pics or it Didn't Happen" Weekly Competition

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Pics or it Didn't Happen" Weekly Competition
~The Competition~

UO Thief | Forums

Similar to the "Theft of the Month" competition that's been here on Stratics for years: Make a steal and provide proof in screenshot form. But this competition is going to be held once a week until I run out of stuff to give away. (You can also double dip and submit these same steals for the Theft of the Month.)

The difference between this and that is that I'm not just looking for steals, I'm looking for stories. You can see hundreds of examples of these stories here. I want to know what you were thinking when you saw the victim, how you decided to approach the mark, and how you got away. Humor is a plus. This all can be written down in RP or non-RP or whatever. Things to include in each episode:

1. Detailed Captions
  2. At least 1 screenshot before the steal.
  3. At least 1 screenshot after the steal (preferably with the "You successfully steal the item" message on screen).
  4. The name and guild of who you stole from (preferably with screenshot).
  5. Screenshot of the item you stole in your pack with your cursor over it.
  6. Provide a title you want me to use when I post it on my site, or I'll just make one up for you.

When you have it all, post the story either here on Stratics or on my forums. All stories will be posted on UO Thief and added to the 600+ others that are already there. If you post it here, you can post it in this thread or make a new thread or whatever. If you make your own thread, lemme know you want to submit it for this competition (and give me permission to put it up on my site).

After each week, a winner will be declared by me, but if it's close between two or more people, I'll make a poll. All submissions will be judged on both the story and the item that was stolen. Any winner can choose any 1 item listed below and ta-da, it's theirs. EZpeezy. Some of the prizes are worth tens of millions. If you're the only person who submits anything for that week, no matter how little of value the item is... you still win.

(I've always used UO Screenshot Utility to take my screenshots. I have a download like in the "Introduction" paragraph here.)

~Prizes / My Stuff~

• AoS Dyable Sandals "Chad Sexington Roxxors Age of Shadows." (won by Shinobi)
  • Personal Bless Deed for Chad Sexington (won by Hoodwink)
  • Undead Slayer Scrapper's Compendium

• Item Blessed Ornament of the Magician

• Item Blessed Essence of Battle
  • Blessed Crimson Cincture
  • Blessed Tangle (won by Nonel)
  • Blessed 140 Luck Conjurer's Garb
  • Blessed Hat of the Magi
  • Titan's Hammer
  • Etoile Bleue & Nova Bleue 400 Luck Spring Cleaning Jewel Set
  • Inquisitor's Resolution (won by Shqiptar)
  • Name Change Token
  • Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune
  • Ethy Polar Bear
  • Item Blessed Rune Engraved Peg Leg engraved: "Why would you bless this? [0_o]"
  • +10 Taming, 100 Luck, some DCI, DI, and Cold Resist, Bracelet
  • Lucky Necklace
  • Armor of Fortune
  • Unpicked 9th Year Veteran Reward
  • Weapon Engraving Tool (1 charge, rechargable)
  • Armor Engraving Tool (22 charges, non-rechargable)

***This is an incomplete list. I'll add more to it as I look through my things.
***All of these items are currently on the Atlantic shard. If you win, you'll have to be able to pick up your prize on Atlantic.

~Hall of Fame~

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The UO Thief "Pics or it Didn't Happen" Competition

So, to make it clear, the competition is officially on. This first week will be 9 days just because I want it to end on a Saturday. All submissions have to be in by midnight PST every Saturday night.

edit: One more thing... I'm giving away my stuff so, your screenshots have to be clear about what happened. Otherwise I'll start getting people with fake screenshots just to get the item. If you're stealing a 100million gold item, you better have a hell of a lot of screenshots and many details. If you only have a single "after" pic, it's not going to pass the smell test.

Use UO Screenshot Utility or any other similar program out there to take your screenshots. There's a bunch of them out there, just google it.

S

Shinobi

I'll wear your sandals with pride, Chad.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

what utility do you suggest chad? I still copy and paste. (thus my aversion to making episodes of my thefts against better pvpers on siege.)

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

what utility do you suggest chad? I still copy and paste. (thus my aversion to making episodes of my thefts against better pvpers on siege.)

I used to just link to their page, but it's a free program and their site went down for a long time in the past, so I just uploaded it on my site.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Damn! I just had a triple power scroll theft, and then even took the skull of Greed to signify my...well...greed. Lol. The whole time I'm clicking away at my UOSU hotkey, working up a cool story to tell...

...I forgot to open the UOSU. Lol. :danceb:

That would explain why I kept going into war mode and attacking my marks, on accident. :D ('cause I tied my hotkey to Tab)

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The winner is Shinobi... for many reasons.

Stealing mostly in Trammel, but also some in Felucca, getting Insane Tinker Leggings, replicas, max property imbued jewelery, but also stealing from a guild he already stole from in the past, communication crystals, etc, etc.

He said he wanted my AoS sandals, so scratch that off the list.

The rest of the items are still on the table and the week of 9/18/2011 - 9/24/2011 begins now.

S

Shinobi

The winner is Shinobi... for many reasons.

Stealing mostly in Trammel, but also some in Felucca, getting Insane Tinker Leggings, replicas, max property imbued jewelery, but also stealing from a guild he already stole from in the past, communication crystals, etc, etc.

He said he wanted my AoS sandals, so scratch that off the list.

The rest of the items are still on the table and the week of 9/18/2011 - 9/24/2011 begins now.
Thank you Chad, not only for your sandals, but also for lighting a fire under our asses to get us up and stealing. I can now finally replace my Bonnie N Clyde sandals with those of a legendary thief. May your sandals carry me to many more valuable steals, haha.

I'm going to retire from the future competitions. I'll continue to let uninformed thieves know of this challenge. Hopefully there will be more thieves joining in soon.

It was fun, and I can't wait to read more stories from future competitors. Thanks again Chad.

P.S. I'm going to be online in a little bit. If you're on today I can get the sandals from you. If we can't manage to meet up at the same time, you can always put them in my mailbox at my Fel New Mag house on Atlantic. It is the SW-5 plot (I'm not sure if the plot stones have been removed yet), basically a straight shot down from the gate. House name: Thieves' Fortress.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If we can't manage to meet up at the same time, you can always put them in my mailbox at my Fel New Mag house on Atlantic. It is the SW-5 plot (I'm not sure if the plot stones have been removed yet), basically a straight shot down from the gate. House name: Thieves' Fortress.
Just dropped them off.

S

Shinobi

Just dropped them off.
I just went to log off at like 2:50, i must've just missed you lol. You're so sneaky...maybe these sandals will make me sneakier?

I love them...thanks again man i won't disgrace them.

//Not sure what happened to the pic, was lazy and did it in paint...bleh, lol

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The winner is Hoodwink.

Anyone who knows me knows that I loves me some Harrower. He stole a lot at the Harry, but without any stat scrolls vs 1.2b, I have to give it to Hoodwink.

But in Nonel's story, I'll never get tired of this:

They're very different steals and I was thinking about putting up a poll but... I can't do it.

This is the best part in Hoodwink's:

I studied everything about him. His mannerisms, (he uses smiley faces nearly every sentence by the way), the way he lags (he pings about 160) his lack of punctuation with sentences, and his tendency to be short, to the point, and above all arrogant. His armor was imbued by a man named Yourstruly, (Which ironically, I already HAD a duplicate suit made by yourstruly) and a spellbook. His robe and shoes were uninsured, and I matched the robe to the EXACT shade while hidden. His beetle was named NoMoreBob. It had 427 stones in it. My beetle was the same. We had the same skin, the same hair, the same tendencies. I learned that he was quitting, he's from europe (ironic) and that he didn't like my thief. He never paid the thief tax. Everyone pays it eventually sir..... and then I became him. I parked my Doppleganger, and the easy part was over.
Without this, it would just be Hoodwink getting lucky. With this, you reduce the luck involved.

So... PM what you want from the list and if you have a secure mailbox, that's the easiest way for me to get it to you.

The week of 9/25/0211 - 10/1/2011 starts now. Remember, you don't have to do Harrowers or scam 1.2b off someone to win... if no one else submits and all you stole was a weapon at the gate, you win.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Excellent choice. ;)

My favorite part was when he split up the suit. I hate rares. I had a great laugh when I read that. Hehe :danceb:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my favorite part was the thief tax mentions. That seems to have stuck, I've seen thieves calling it that a LOT lately.

It becomes more and more humorous the more I see it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and I didn't submit an episode out of respect to hoodwink's glorious coup.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and I didn't submit an episode out of respect to hoodwink's glorious coup.
So I assume me and you shall be in this weeks correct? I have the steal and the pics... I just have to write out the story.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh we'll see this coming week is actually pretty awful for me scheduling wise. I like to get a story every 10-20 days but I don't see it in the cards this week.

Y

y0unggates85

Chad Sexington The King Of Thieve's it would be my pleasure to just have a conversation with you in game on Chessy! I am a Thief i would love to enter your contest but, I am horrible with screen shots. If you can please get in contact with me I would love to talk to you in game one day and have you engrave parts of my suit. Thank you Infamous-Drat

Y

y0unggates85

so how to a create a story? i got a minor theft but, Hey chessy is dead as of now -__-

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FEAR NOT CHAD! I will be posting a story later today. Procrastination!

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FEAR NOT CHAD! I will be posting a story later today. Procrastination!
Ok, cool.

And btw, if there's ever a week where no one posts anything, I'm just going to save my money and go ahead and close my accounts. I'm not really too attached to this thing, I thought I'd just give it a shot.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people know that my forums have been down for a week now. I got tired of waiting and registered new forums here:

uothief.freeforums.org

I've been using ForumForFree for 6 years and now it looks like they're gone. I lost all the thousands of posts and hundreds of registered users. I also lost a lot of my old archived stuff, like my original episodes. (I used those forums before I bought UO Thief.)

Anyway, register on the new forums if you want to post anything.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
~Submissions for 9/25/2011 - 10/1/2011~

Well, this week was easy. Shqiptar wins by default.

70 mil wand? Good chunk of change.

PM me what you want from the OP and it's yours. As always, the easiest way for me is if you have a secure mail box and I can just drop it off. Just PM me the location and the name on the house.

The week of 10/2/2011-10/8/2011 starts now.

A

AmnesiA01

Awesome thread. inspires me to make a thief once more for some sneaky action

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some other people better enter this week. I am entering again (I can right Chad? Not sure if I am allowed) and I want some competition! :thumbup1:

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some other people better enter this week. I am entering again (I can right Chad? Not sure if I am allowed) and I want some competition! :thumbup1:
Of course you can. =P

Hell, if you're the only one who enters from this week onward, than you win every week and get everything.

:party:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be able to make an episode before sunday, time will tell.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My story is going to be posted tomorrow. Simple story of Fel Yew cheap steals... best I could come up with this week.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hopped on for some quick Despise thieving. Nothing special...but picture heavy. Heh. Will work on getting it posted :popcorn:

E

Epic of Legends

I am VERY interested in this.. My question is, does it have to be worth anything? Or could it be something where you steal from someone JUST to tick the person off? :) And can it be on any shard? and just pick up the award on atl?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am VERY interested in this.. My question is, does it have to be worth anything? Or could it be something where you steal from someone JUST to tick the person off? :) And can it be on any shard? and just pick up the award on atl?
It could be the last of a person's black pearl while someone is trying to kill you with an energy bolt for all I care. =P

(As a general rule, the less the item value, the better the story needs to be. The higher the item value, the more boring (and lucky) the steal can be.)

Then again, it's not like I'm going to turn any submission away. It's not like it's my name signed at the bottom of the story.

And yes, just have to pick it up on Atl. I'm soon going to throw all my Siege Perilous stuff up on the list, but I have to sort through it all.

E

Epic of Legends

It could be the last of a person's black pearl while someone is trying to kill you with an energy bolt for all I care. =P

(As a general rule, the less the item value, the better the story needs to be. The higher the item value, the more boring (and lucky) the steal can be.)

Then again, it's not like I'm going to turn any submission away. It's not like it's my name signed at the bottom of the story.

And yes, just have to pick it up on Atl. I'm soon going to throw all my Siege Perilous stuff up on the list, but I have to sort through it all.
Okay, cool. Thanks :)

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to see the entries. I didn't have time to put my pics and a story together. Damn Child Psych major is destroying me (good thing I like it though)

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The winner is Nonel.

This one... took a little thinking. For SMuRFY, how do you argue with some free rubble turned into a free Blessed Crimson Cincture all on top of this:

:confused:

In the end, for Nonel, it wasn't just the handful of SoTs, fistfuls of 110s, 115 Animal Lore, 115 Eval Int, and an Eye of Travesty from angry oranges and reds trying to kill him. It was getting Lady BleeD ThE SkY to rage over the 110s and dismiss them while she let her buddy next to her get robbed blind.

And even that isn't the whole story, because for me, this is the best part:

(Screw the grinding. Training while stealing is so much more fun.)

Like always, pm a secure mailbox, location, and name on house sign if you have one and whatever it is you want from my stuff. Need to unload it all.

Week 10/9/2011-10/16-2011 starts now.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Chad, I was gonna do some but lack of money and the upcoming SWTOR caused me to cancel my accounts early October.

F

Francois_Villon

I submitted this already on the THIEF Forums, and I don't want a prize... just thought I'd try to jump start the thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was tromping around some of the old Felucca RP towns today, and sadly many of them have disappeared.

Amazingly enough, even out in the middle of no-where, the authorities are on the lookout for me!

But, astonishment was in my future when I came across the old town of Darkwater near the "Fens of the Dead" swamp which is just south of Marble Island.

I had heard rumors of this rich guy, Lykor, when I got back to Catskills.

I notice he is a pesky elf.. and I didn't know how long he'd be surveying his houses.. I guess they had around 25+ buildings with Darkwater on the sign... So I shadow-jumped near him and popped open his pack as quickly as possible...

You'd think of all people that HE'D insure his stuff?!?! But when you make it THIS EASY, well, what can I say? I AM a thief *grinz*

Only ONE stealable item! But man I would LOVE to have a Vorpal Bunny to keep me company! Johnny Hooker stole my albino squirrel so I've been in need of a "sidekick"....

AND IT'S MINE!

Thanks Lykor.. I promise I'll take care of your Vorpal Bunny.. and show him off every time I see you in Luna!!

Cheers!

Johnny Hooker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My buddy FV can't have all the fun!!!

Here are two short steals, one is complete (before and after shots) and one is just for fun.. to prove I'm better than Francois on Catskills!

Nick Hexum's Shiny Shame Warfork:

I was at "Too Fast For Yew Gate" today and there was quite a few people there but no one was fighting.. it was like some sorta meeting...AND they were from different factions!!!!

I had never seen this kind of meet-up, but one things for sure: They had an uninvited guest! JOHNNY HOOKER!

At least my pal Axel tried to warn them...

"He'll take all your ****".. how nice of him to announce my presence....

I'll get you later Axel, most likely your smokebombs, since that is the only way you survive out there at the gayte...

Oh! What's this I see in Nick Hexum's pack? He is farming in Fel Shame?

(NOTE TO SELF: start patroling fel-side shame dungeon)

Well, Nick, you might say you don't care about the warfork.. you might say "I'm a swordsman anyway!".. but if you didn't care, why did you whine so much??

I THANK THEE FOR THY LOOT!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Hooker is the King of Thieves on Catskills!

Well, since Axel decided to announce me to everyone at the gayte, I decided I needed to teach him a lesson!

I saw him and another fellow trying to ambush OJs in Fire...

To lower their guard, I started up a conversation...

And this is where it went wrong.... :wall:

I guess I wasn't squarely hitting my screenshot key, but I did lift a SOT off of Axel (a lot better than his smokebombs)..

But, I did get an after shot with a General Chat declaration worthy of note:

HUZZAH!!!

F

Francois_Villon

I'm so busy making friends.. making a cool signature.. f'ing off...

And Johnny Hooker (the interim KOT on Catskills..) is gettin all the good loot!!!

THIS WILL NOT STAND!

I'm back in the saddle... a mean.. Despise!!

HUZZAH BACK!