• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The passion is back!

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many devs have posted in the last 24 hours? Most of em I'm guessing.
The last 60 days or so have been a black hole of silence by the dev team and things gone wrong in game. It seems a hurdle has been cleared. The dev team has had it's hands tied in many ways and a new wave is in place. Will SA be a steaming pile of poo?
I think not. Lessons learned and applied. It takes time. We've been dead in the water for a Looooooong time. That temporal spell is over and the new rush is on. Jeremy is ALL over the boards. Can you imagine being a dev? Knowing anything you do will be slammed by someone? Lacking support by coorperate and showing up every day to do what you can and take your lumps anyway. I think we've all been there professionally. Post your ideas good ,bad or indifferent. The boards are hot with activity. This game might be a train wreck waiting to happen but it wont be because of the devs. These are good times.
Ramble on......

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought about starting a similar thread but ended up waiting for someone else to do the hard work.

All I want to say, and to Jeremy in particular, is THANK YOU for all the communication lately. It's been really nice to see you guys posting here and mingling with the fans (and trolls).

It's been a good week @ ye old Uhall.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AGREED! it's been great getting all the dev feedback and answers to a lot of questions and it's been great seeing the extent of the new content that is coming out with the next publish. dead game? i think not.

J

Jeremy

I can't describe how much whiskey it took to get through 8 months of not being able to tell you what the team was working on. :p

B

Beastmaster

Just don't forget that there is alot more to UO than an upcoming expansion. Hundreds of questions have gone unanswered in the past year that have nothing to do with SA.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, Jeremy, we love that you are talking and all ... but turn off your computer already lady! Its late and even you deserve some down time! :pint:

BUt, since you are here ... and feeling chatty ... I have always wanted to know ... do you get to work in your pajamas????

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Feeling better about myself for not being the only one out there in their jammy pants!* :lol:

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh you guys are killing me with jealousy.

I'm still trying to convince my bosses that I don't actually need to be at the office to do my job 90% of the time.

And it's true. Scouts honor. It has nothing to do with pajamas and having a system logged into UO beside my work computer. Really. I swear.

R

RoycroftLS

While it's good to see the devs back actively posting about the game, I would hardly call it a reason for celebration. Isn't it a little sad that normal interaction and feedback with customers is hailed as something special? This is something that should be going on all the time, not just when the devs feel like it.

And color me skeptical about the "8 months of seclusion" excuse. I understand (and am in support of) the fact that the devs were apparently busy at work bringing the players the content they promised. I'm just left wondering why that wasn't explained to us from the beginning, and the players were left in the dark about it.

Saying that the devs are working on something big and being secretive about it, only to have a big announcement in the end that they were essentially just catching up on previous projects... that seems a bit shifty to me.

U

UO Crazed

I've always had a lot of faith in the devs. I know their job must be hard and with all the moves, resources coming and going, and bs they've had to deal with to get us where we are right now, is a testament to their dedication and devotion to this game.

Thank you devs for keeping our favorite game going for over 11 years...you guys rock! :grouphug: