• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Pacific Real Life Picture Thread

M

mutau

Even if its old, it was incredibly gross, hideous and absolutely inappropriate.

Stupid, idiotic posts like that will get you banned.

S

SUPRsalad

He just now told me that he can do ANYTHING I can do BETTER than I can do it in his spare time on pwnuo forums.. True story.

D

DanGarion

Who the hell are all you people? I think I recognize two names in here and that's it...

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my old sig....

This is me about circa Easter 2007

And this is me now

S

SUPRsalad

I know I just miss giving you **** :(
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, don't get me all emotional, you know i read this crap at 6am every morning when im all.. .. .sensitive..

Anyways, dude, you should see what i've been working on. I think I'll take my camera to work today..

E

Ezra KOS

here are a couple RL pics of me just to show how morbidly obese I am.

M

MasterP

Me and my chick

Me and my cousin's

At the Lake TO DAMN BRIGHT!!!

On a road Trip

One of my Whips

S

SUPRsalad

Pretty sweet that everyone is posting their pictures.

anyways, pink, as promised, heres the irl what-i've-been working on greenhouse with 75ft hydro-heated beds and fogging system for mass-propagation:

(basically one giant sand-box)

waiting for my pumps and hydro-stats:

B

Balian of Asgard

dude, that greenhouse rocks mang!! cant wait to see the fruits of your efforts, should i post a pic of my garden?

S

SUPRsalad

hell yes, bal, lets see it.

yeah, this, believe it or not, is one of 34 75footers. Then theres two larger 80x35 ft houses, and one main 90x35 house. I'll take some more pics if you do.

S

SUPRsalad

Hey bal, nice work! Not too shabby for a DIY!

Listen, that corner you want the two plums. Lets talk about that.

If those are 8ft planks, and I think they are, plums are too big my friend.
They will mature with a 30ft head man, its going to get crowded. There is one smaller plum called 'thundercloud' that might be better, but I think a plum is just too big.

About the grass, theres this line of 'killzall' herbacide that is specifically designed for 'aquatic grasses'. Look for this stuff, it WILL kill the grass. After that, yeah man, go ahead and cover it up with myrifite (sp?) and build your thing right over it.

So, back to the plums. I am assuming that your wife (or you) are not willing to part with the red foliage idea so.. That pretty much limits you to either plum or Shubert Choke Cherry. Both, I think, are a bit too big for that space.
I think you should maybe THINK about having an opening (either square or hex) in your deck thingy, and plant one plum. Eastern redbud would also work there. Personally, I would go with pear trees. Chanticleer to be exact, but thats just me. Not too big of a fan of the red foliage line.

These are MERELY suggestions bal, and since you're a workhorse, you could just go ahead and ignore my warning about the space. It will be several years till they are even touching anyways so.. Screw it? It WOULD make a really nice shady little hide-away corner there under their canopies.

You MIGHT want to try finding a 'Cistena' plum that has been pruned into a tree. Generally, they are shrubs, but I've seen some decent trees, and that would be a lot smaller than say a 'Newport'.

A smokebush can also be pruned like a tree and would be pretty sweet as well. . .

Thats my two cents bal. Its hard to tell how much space I'm actually looking at there though, so only you can know. Just pay close attention to the space vs. mature size. It looks like you're facing north there, and that spot gets a ton of sun, so you have MANY options. The other thing you need to think about is the actual plums. They say newport wont bear fruit, but thats a lie. Just be sure not to let them stain your new installs.

I just thought of another option. I forget the actual name of it, and I want to say 'Tanyosho' but theres some cherries (also prunus) that have some pretty nice red foliage. . .

Something like this? I THINK this is a prunus x cistena

M

MasterP

Gemma you truly are a mexican!!! LOL

Wana come fix my back yard for me!!

M

MasterP

You shut up!! You can grow some cactus here!! Maybe some palm trees :)

O

Old Macdonald

What's good for the goose is good for the g"ander!"
Ander & Alea... :bowdown: :cheerleader:

Slave: A Pic of "terminal #1 & terminal#2." :bdh:

It would have only been better, had that horse been a cow!

Our Love to Pacific!

Attachments

R

Rand Al

I'm pretty sure FAA regulations prohibit self portraits..
you can the things go a autopilot... so i can have no hands on the controls if i wanted :p But i had someone in the right seat.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't been in game a whole lot recently due to crazy school schedules and trips, but it's been a lot of fun~~.
Recent Korean Adventures! (Sized down for Mutau! :heart: )

Me and My Amazing Unnie. :heart: (Slightly inebriated)

At La Petite France

Another La Petite France shot!

Geomundo Island Trip. So amazing and awesome, even if we were stuck their an extra day due to bad weather. We went on a crazy, insanely hard hike that all the Koreans said would be easy... but they lied. Always lying about that kind of ****.
Baekdo island, near Geomundo island

After hiking two or three miles uphill, we finally get to see where the hell we're hiking to! Beautiful view!

Finally at the lighthouse:

R

Rand Al

I remember those islands there is like 39 of them down there and going to geomundo lighthouse sinseonbawi dunno if i spelled em rite lol i was there for a few days doing some training got the army.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember those islands there is like 39 of them down there and going to geomundo lighthouse sinseonbawi dunno if i spelled em rite lol i was there for a few days doing some training got the army.
Yeah! Actually, between the mainland to Jejudo and around Geumundo, there's SUPPOSED to be 100 islands (thus, Baekdo, and Baek = 100). I dunno. They're just rocks. My friends and I kept asking "wtf more does this tour guide have to say about the rocks?" It was pretty, though. The hike sucked, but it was worth it!

D

DanGarion

:thumbup1:
Didn't i see you in a episode of Sopranos?? You look like a guy that really just wants to cause mass pain to someone just to see the look on there face!
Hey I got that same exact shirt! My wife got it for me for Christmas.

D

DanGarion

I love you dan
Thanks! ;)

Hey, I've created a PRC group on Facebook and and OTW one. I really want to try and get people that contributed to both/either to get to know each other again.

Just search for Pacific Roleplaying Community and/or Order of True Wolves.

:)

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are making me Want to get back into designing again... Btw I got a new picture for you all from last night... Met a Special little guy at the bar WAAYYYY out here in Alaska...

(He was sitting up on a stool just so you know... I am 6'0" tall)