• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The only big issue I see going into launch

A

Akadios

#TLDR: No Queue system + Can't switch servers after selection + Can't make characters if server is "full" = fail

#Full Text:
I usually don't make posts like this but I wanted to see what other people thought. I am concerned that going into release the servers will be full like about 2/3rds were yesterday. This made it so that people who are in my guild and had just pre-ordered recently couldn't make characters on the realm we are on.

Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal they could play get a feeling for it and just make a character when the servers unclogged at some point. However with the whole not being able to swap servers (which I like btw) this lockout of character creation is a huge issue. This will cause countless numbers of people to be forced into simply waiting and checking back every couple hours to see if there server is still full.

BTW we aren't on a super pop server last couple stress tests and BWE3 the server was medium pop and was locked this time as more people get the game. Clearly there needs to be a queue system that allows people to create a character and then wait in queue to join the server. One question is does anyone know if that is going to be the case at launch? Or has this been already addressed?

If it hasn't than Guild Wars 2 is going flank speed for a record setting failed launch. When people go to play with their guild and can't even make a character and then are stuck simply not playing or making a character on a different server and paying $20 later. To people simply not playing the servers might as well be down except the anger won't be the same as if this was the case. To the people that make a character on a different server and then realize that even after deleting all characters they need to spend $20 to switch servers... hope you find a good classaction lawyer.

Or you know ArenaNet could put in a queue system.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What server was you on?

I had no issues of yet of any servers being full. My understanding they had adjusted population size for the BWE's and when they were stressing servers. If I recall they had max server population around 5k from what some said in the beta's.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should add with the amount of pre-purchases and orders that are over a million and NCsoft prediction of at least 3 million sold before xmas I would have to say server pupoluation will be more than any tests or beta.