• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The next rares festival...

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote for Cats.

I think Lykor, Flutter, Woody_Cats, and others from Cats will do a fine job. Hey, may be we can even get Nails Warstein open his castle back up!!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote for Cats.

I think Lykor, Flutter, Woody_Cats, and others from Cats will do a fine job. Hey, may be we can even get Nails Warstein open his castle back up!!

I really hope you are joking about the Nails thing.

Other than that Cats would be a neat place I think, they have a nice tight knit community.

Athelas [Treasure Trove] Museum, Atlantic

G

Gunga_Din

I really hope you are joking about the Nails thing.

Other than that Cats would be a neat place I think, they have a nice tight knit community.

Great , now the entire peanut gallery as commented.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How dare you!!

Why don't we just vote on where it will be and let those running it decide when. Hosting a festival is no easy thing folks, even though the festival Tomas and I hosted was pre-Harbinger we stayed busy the whole time.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay folks. Let's keep this thread civil and on topic.

As far as staff for the event, I think whoever decides to host should reveal all the staff involved and that way folks can decide for themselves as far as any safety concerns go. Background checks are a wonderful thing.

Now seems we have a conflict in the community as far as frequency. How do we wish to work this out? Do we really need to have a poll? Is it really that strong of a disagreement? We all have rl obligations, families, etc (least I hope so!).. not everyone is going to be available to attend a festival on a certain weekend. By having them every 3-4 months it allows folks who miss one to not have to wait a half of a year to participate in the next.

Honestly, I feel it is up to the hosts when they want to make it. If Catskills (or whoever it is decided on) feels like they can do it in November, then it is November. If they can't pull it together until Jan/Feb it'll be then. I think before we start arguing about when it should be we should let the different hosts pull it together and present their plan, staff AND projected dates to the community and then we can vote. If team x says they are willing to do it in November and team y says they can do it Jan/Feb, than you cast your vote appropriately.

We should be rejoicing that we have the opportunity and a great community who are willing to put their time, effort and coin into having a great event. Should the EMs stop hosting events because they give an unpopular item, or no item at all? No, because it should not be only about what YOU get out of it... just as the festival shouldn't be all about profit or what you get... but just enjoying the experience.

Now... please continue.

S

shulginist

I like many others enjoy the rares fests a lot. Each new one I have met new people and learned more about rares and collecting in general. Due to this I prefer to have them every three months as opposed to four-six month intervals.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:gun:

Btw...to answer you...I do get it. Was not trying to *shake the cage*, just trying to leave my two pennies on the counter. :)

@Assia Penryn...better to get opinions and reasoning out in the open now rather than just shake my head up and down in a way that pleases the masses.

magicmule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has really stepped up to the plate here other than Fraggles. People would like to see cats or napa valley. any takers?

D

DVI

I was contacted today by a representative from Sakura and they are interested in holding the festival, but not the next one, they would like to do the one after the next.

D

DVI

I'm pretty sure that catskills is putting a team together to draft a proposal to hold it there which we can all then vote upon.

As I said in my last post, there is a team being put together on an Asian shard, which would like to host the following festival [the first to occur in 2011].

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have had 6 whole days since this thread was started! Are some posters/people realistically asking for entire plans on a festival to be divulged so quickly?

I posted twice above, for the guy that didnt see it, that I've started a group on Catskills that is putting the details together. I'll post them as soon as it's worth posting about, unlike most posts thus far in here that look like uHall posts.

Let me also add, we are perfectly fine to host this next festival, whenever it is OR the next... whatever. We just would like to get a fair shake at hosting a festival. I've enjoyed all of the festivals thus far, and would love to see it go to other shards (within reason, I know population will be an issue for some folks) before we cycle thru shards that have previously hosted.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Catskills it is. I look forward to it:>

I'm not assuming Catskills has gotten the festival. I still think it needs to be up to the members of our community to decide. And also, it seems there are more present concerns on the "frequency" of the festivals, than the locations anyways....

Like I said, we just want a fair shake! :)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest the shard be one of the older ones with at least a decent place of origin population. Chessy rares fest was lacking in old stuff, which many people consider to be the only true collectables.

F

Fraggles

ok i dont understand why population of the shard is so importent. How many of the people that attend and bring/sell,buy items are people from that shard? i would think that at least 90% of the people that come to rares fest are people that transfer in. Im still willing to host a rare fest on Lake Superior and have alot of support from people on that shard. but no matter where it is i will be attending. So someone please explain population to me?

D

DVI

The rares fest was originally created and begun to help bring collectors closer together and make us a stronger more closely knit community. While that does happen to a degree the more prominent aspect of the festival, and the portion that draws the large crowds is the items for sale.

Bearing that in mind, it's generally viewed as the best practice to hold the festivals on the most populated shards b/c the liklihood of there being more collectors is greater which is believed to mean that more items will be for sale. In addition it also means that the market for your items is greater b/c there are more prospective buyers.

Yes, we could hold a festival on say Origin, and many collectors may chose to travel there, but the number of resident collectors would be very few, and the non collector buying market would be small.

D

DVI

ok i dont understand why population of the shard is so importent. How many of the people that attend and bring/sell,buy items are people from that shard? i would think that at least 90% of the people that come to rares fest are people that transfer in. Im still willing to host a rare fest on Lake Superior and have alot of support from people on that shard. but no matter where it is i will be attending. So someone please explain population to me?
While, I would love to see another festival occur on Lake Superior, I do believe that those shards equivalent in population should be given an opportunity first, as well as the asian community.

Although, I have to say that aside from possibly Catskills, I'm not entirely sure there are any other shards out there with a sizable population.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I live in Korea and probably have one of the fastest pings in the asian shards, I'd be more than willing to help out as much as I could and I live in the time zone so it would be easy for me to help out. I know several people on this forum but I'm not a huge collector, just buying things here and there and selling. I don't have property on an asian shard, but I'm sure if people come together, we can all make it work.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Were one to be held on an asian shard I'd probably try to enlist Peil to host it, or I would have a friend on Sakura help me
I would agree with that!

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally dont care where its going to be hosted, Im just excited to go to another rares fest. i picked up some nice items last time and look forward to adding more to my new collection. :D *packs bags for next rares fest*

M

Magic Man Roy

Hey all,

Rares collector from Catskills coming back from a 7 year holiday. Just wanted to toss out my 2 cents and say that Catskills should hold the next rares fest!

I also agree that there wasnt that many rares as I would have hoped from raresfest, it was still fun though :D being as this was the first I have attended.

Also I would agree that every 3-4 months is too often every 6 months would be nicely spaced allowing everyone to better mass their rares, gold, and other resources.

Other then that..... someone sell me a pure form mandrake root o_O must rebuild museum.....

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Blue Amber just told me after the Asuka collector (Semmerset) got scammed out of her 300 mil on the items she no longer is interested in hosting the rares festival. So I think Asia is out.

I still vote for anywhere as long as some group is willing to do it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Blue Amber just told me after the Asuka collector (Semmerset) got scammed out of her 300 mil on the items she no longer is interested in hosting the rares festival. So I think Asia is out.

I still vote for anywhere as long as some group is willing to do it.
Ouch how did that go down?

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone, If you interested in hosting a Rare Event. I recomment hosting it in Hokoto Shard which I am in. I will be happy to help and I own three house in that shard. Two house which I think will be a good location to host it as it near Tur City Moongate.

Attached the picture

Both house are side by side and just one or two screen south of moongate. I am Taka former player in Chesepake shard in 2000-2004, formosa shard 2005-2008.

Can speak to me on Skype, Icq, Msn too. Just message me if I can help plus I know most of the event people in my shard too who would help spread the event news.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were one to be held on an asian shard I'd probably try to enlist Peil to host it, or I would have a friend on Sakura help me
Thank you for recommending me.

Although rare festival holding in Japanese shard have many problems,
I was going to do my best towards holding.

However, since I got scame 2 or 3 days ago, the passion was lost.
(Since I immediately noticed a scam, the scam failed in attempt.)

I hope a rare festival is held in Japanese shard some day.

Best regards.

G

Gunga_Din

Well Hell, if nobody is gonna step up then maybe we should host it on Chesapeake again. Just at a later time maybe.

I'll talk to my people :)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gunga can host it then if he wants to on chessy, i want to actually relax and enjoy a rares festival

G

Gunga_Din

My people appear tired out from last festival :) Maybe I should have helped more than just dropping Harbingers :)

F

Fraggles

BEC guild is still willing to host a rares fest on Lake Superior. we will have auction,vendors events all the fun stuff that go with a rares fest. We will have it in November or possibley January. once we get the ok to start the real planning from the rares comunity we will have a vote to see when the community would like it held. We Would love to host one on LS...its been a long time since a large event has come to our shard....so let me know what you guys think!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see if I can locate the thread on Catskills where they talked about it and let them know if they are wanting to host it that they need to finalize it with the community. If they don't, than we can start looking at other shards. Either way, if we are going to have one before the end of this year, we need to put it in stone so the shard can make plans and so can those transferring.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personally, i really don't care where the next rares fest takes place, my only concern is that if it takes place on Europa again that it be hosted by another group of people, i honestly did not enjoy that festival at all, the events were not fun and some required characters to be developed in certain skills or to be able to recall on their own, the rares people sold on vendors there were not good items, i dont even remember if an auction took place

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone, If you interested in hosting a Rare Event. I recomment hosting it in Hokoto Shard which I am in. I will be happy to help and I own three house in that shard. Two house which I think will be a good location to host it as it near Tur City Moongate.
Hi Taka-

I'm glad you posted here and let the community know you are interested in the rares fest being held on your shard and that you are willing to help with it.

Your houses are in a nice location. I think there would be a problem with them being in Ter Mur though. Not all players have SA, so holding the rares festival in Ter Mur would exclude some players. From what I can tell, the event will need to be held in other areas until more people have SA.

Where it is held is not my decision though, so I could be wrong. I did want to make sure you got some feedback on your post. Perhaps someone else has some thoughts to add to this.

BlissMarie

D

DVI

I still maintain that either Catskills or any other shard considered to be populated should hold the next festival if they have not had the opportunity to host one yet.

Once again the following shards have hosted a festival in the order listed.

1. Atlantic
2. Lake Superior
3. Europa
4. Atlantic
5. Atlantic
6. Great Lakes
7. Pacific
8. Chesapeake

So, once a shard aside from these that has a decent sized population steps up and volunteers then provides the community with a plan for us to view and vote on a decision can be made. I'd also recommened that once any shards that fit the population requirements have had a chance that those shards which have hosted in the past be given a chance to host again. They would of course be required to put their shard to the vote with a plan.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is large number of collectors on napa valley and enough space to hold the fest in several locations, we could basicly hand choose where to hold it. and there is still a large player base on napa as to not consider it a empty shard. im more then willing to help. i can provide the 3-5 house plots on napa for the festival if we can find others to help co-ordinate the events ect..

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Waiting to hear from Lykor on this as not to step on toes.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree, the people who rant the chessy event did a outstanding job. and if we can get a commitment from a few responcible people for napa i think it would be a excellent festival. but thats if anyones willing to stand with me on this. ill get the housing, ill try and track down the em's and do what legwork i can to help.but i definatly cant do it with my small group. but hey if another shard can do the job im more then willing to just bring my gold and come spend :)

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Taka-

I'm glad you posted here and let the community know you are interested in the rares fest being held on your shard and that you are willing to help with it.

Your houses are in a nice location. I think there would be a problem with them being in Ter Mur though. Not all players have SA, so holding the rares festival in Ter Mur would exclude some players. From what I can tell, the event will need to be held in other areas until more people have SA.

Where it is held is not my decision though, so I could be wrong. I did want to make sure you got some feedback on your post. Perhaps someone else has some thoughts to add to this.

BlissMarie
Hi BlissMarie, Thank for reply so that I not alone :) . I did not know about the Ter Mur Issues but just want to offer a choose for everyone. If you guys deciede to host it in Hokoto shard. I know people who live in Luna where they can offer vendor for everyone. But then I think a Western Shard seem better as many people hope for one in the western shard. Thank for replying my post sweetie.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had posted previously about this, and I'll repeat this concern now:

There were MAJOR differences in opinion on the number of festivals that were being held. I know that NO single person controls this and that the original intentions, with all due respect to my friend DVI, certainly can be changed if the MAJORITY of us think that there are too many festivals, thus diluting the number of items that are available at any given festival.

That being said, I have a solid group of people on Catskills that I feel like would do a fantastic job putting a festival together. I've spoken to our EMs and they have pledged their support in any endeavor that we put forth on our shard, and I'm sure that that would include similar things like we saw on Chessy, moongate from Haven/Luna etc.

The only hesitation I have presently, is just finalizing the dates in which we would be holding the next one, and if at this junction we should finally put to rest if we are going to move the frequency down.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There were MAJOR differences in opinion on the number of festivals that were being held. I know that NO single person controls this and that the original intentions, with all due respect to my friend DVI, certainly can be changed if the MAJORITY of us think that there are too many festivals, thus diluting the number of items that are available at any given festival.

That being said, I have a solid group of people on Catskills that I feel like would do a fantastic job putting a festival together. I've spoken to our EMs and they have pledged their support in any endeavor that we put forth on our shard, and I'm sure that that would include similar things like we saw on Chessy, moongate from Haven/Luna etc.

The only hesitation I have presently, is just finalizing the dates in which we would be holding the next one, and if at this junction we should finally put to rest if we are going to move the frequency down.

I vote against frequency down. I want one before Thanksgiving in November. This will give you over 2 more months to plan and at least one major shard wide event "Halloween". I guarantee you it will be a success just as all other previous ones. Just remember this quote by the Great Manticore "If you host it, they will come" Haha!

D

DVI

I have no issues with the frequency remaining the same or changing.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me either to be honest, but I sure read alot of ppl that DID have strong opinions on it.

Either way, I posted a new thread so we can move past it. My crew can only do it the first weekend in November, so that'll be our basis on whether or not Catskills will get the fest...