• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new UOB Library

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,
think we start a new thread from now. Crystals building is finally history.
Thanks first to players for their donations - especially Victim of Siege and the character with the ingame name Pringles.

I have now finished a first design to make the most of the room usable which a 14x18 building offers.
I'm by no way a great architect in UO (not without reason my most houses are castles), but I hope it's not too ugly and fits into the landscape.

My ideas about the floors:
Ground floor: could hold the runelib or showpoint for stuff or public crafter area
Second floor: one of the above
3rd floor: storage, owners room, etc.
roof: vendor area

So take a look please and share your comments and proposals for architectural improvements, before starting to fill the lockdown counts.
Also which style of runebook presentation do you prefer:
The oldstyle stack of wooden benches or the simple stack of multiple, slightly raised runebooks?

*Salute*
Olahorand

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the design, it is functional. only thing I would change is that since it is easier to access the 2nd floor and seems the natural path to follow, i think i would put the rune library on that floor at the top of the steps.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer the wooden stacks for rune book display, btu that's just me. I'll look at the house tonight!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rune to the Cupid statue giving Valentines gift is locked on stairs.

First vendors are up - currently only filled by me to a very basic level.
Since I start early Saturday morning to an overseas flight from Europe to US West Coast (and the house owner account went just inactive) further action like renting out spots must wait until return.

Still one wish: If you think of a runebook which you would really want in the library, either leave a message on the bulletin board, here in the thread or a copy of that runebook in the mailbox of the house.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have a efw runebooks I can copy

1. Taming by levels
2. Hag Quest
3. Human to Elf quest

I think I have the Elf to Human quest too, not positive. Would these be of use?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the Elf to Human and vice versa I have (now also added), thanks for reminding me (forgot to unpack one of my chests from Europa).
Taming (and other Skill gain) books would be welcome, as well as the Hag quest book (is this still be done by anybody?).

*Salute*
Olahorand