• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Smith Changes

• Thread starter imported_MaDProFF
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_MaDProFF

A few ?'s I need answers for please
1/ Do people think the New Smith Changes are working?
2/ Is it worth re=opening my Bod account, though all are gm/tailors smiths only
3/ are people getting better bods with just Gm smiths, or is it the same as before the changes you need to be 120 skill to get better bods now?
4/ Are there any changes due soon in the Bod Rewards?

Thanks

G

Hi there,

1*Yes changes are working.
2-3*Yes I think so.Chances for getting valorite bods are better.I have received 4 in 400 bods turned in.

4*Not sure

The are a better chance to get coloured bods if higher than gm smith.
20% at elder smith and 40% at legendary.Ofcourse you should lvl up at least one of the smiths to get better bods.

I have one Legendary smith that turn in all iron small bods I get.

Regards
The Scandinavian

I

imported_MaDProFF

Many thanks for your reply,

I have several 120 smiths all ready, but not interested in turning in low end bods to get another bod, I just want to collect

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you're just going to do BOD runs, train all your runners not already there to 110 or 120.

I have 1 120 smith right now, 1 at 105, 1 at 96, 1 at 86 and 1 at 76 (plus another at 80, but he's my carpenter and his skill is locked at that point, for wood crafting purposes).

I'm currently training those 4 up to 120 as well, so I'll be less needing to fill low end bods...

BUT...

I'm filling the low end BODs AS their training method.

Go to the Blacksmith skill description in stratics. have the items sort by success chance. Take note of the starting point where one can craft each item.

You can get gains off crafting an item for 50 points above its start point, plus +2.5 skill for every 5 points of power scroll. So if a smith eats a 120 PS, one can gain for 60 points off an item.

So, an item that you can start making at 45 skill can take a 120 PS smith up to 105 skill, etc., though the gains slow as you near that top end.

Divide your weapons and junk iron armor BODs into ranges where lower smiths can gain, then start filling them for skill gains and turn-ins - don't use a talisman with a blacksmithy bonus, but if you can find one, use one that ONLY has a bonus to exceptional, no to the base skill, to easier fill exceptional BODs.

Once I get all my smiths (save the carpenter) to 120, I'll probably just sell my iron BODs to those that turn in large numbers, exept for the ones I fill and turn in for Gargoyle pickaxes for my miner.

G

Man, i'm not getting much rewards above bronze.

Sure I have a few higher end bods, but putting together a gold+ hammer is still hard to come by. It might be better than before, but its marginaly better.

You will get loaded with dull/shadow and powder of fort now though.

G

<sarcasm>
I love the changes... this morning I ran thru my guys to get bods and actually remember them for once.
The 120 smith pulled a ex10 gold plate helm (yummy)
the 4 100 smiths pulled a ex10 warfork, a n10 shortspear, some metal shield and a ex15 maul.

Similar pulls on the tailor side, the 120 got something moderately decent and the 100s pulled smocks, hats and sandals.

And that breakout is pretty consistent
</sarcasm>

I guess I need to put the olde nose to the grindstone (or the forge or loom) and hit those 120s... right after I upgrade my lumberjack to an elf because the colored wood %'s suck too.