• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Installer, ActiveX, and Vista FYI's

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_LFancey

Everyone,

Few things to know about the new installer.

-It is a roughed out install and was put into service to get us to EALand. I will be making many improvements to it over the next weeks. These include installation of the proper DirectX, installing the correct C runtime libraries, and fixing the "Choose" location bug.

-It is not yet a "signed" install which is one why you are asked to "Trust" the site. I will be adding in a signed certificate.

-You are prompted to install the ActiveX control. The ActiveX control is an authorized control that allows the install to run from our web server. I will experiment with ways to avoid the need for this.

-It is not fully optimized for Vista. Vista as you know is a new operating system and in order for me to deal with it easily I have to the "Latest" version of InstallShield IDE (Integrated Development Environment). This helps me deal with things like UAC's and some other issues for Vista. I have the latest InstallShield 12 on the way.

-The install is not required for TC3, TC3-test, or EALand (When we open it). In fact you can get all those locations and TSO from any install you have. The one and only differnece between the installation from your disks, from the old download site, and the new download site is. The location of the files on your disk. Other than that they patch from the same servers, they get the same files, and they do the same thing.

I had planned on having much of this completed by now but have been a little busy with the update servers.

Just trying to keep you all in the loop.

Lee

G

please help im trying to download the sims online game and not having any luck with windows vista can someone please help me with instructions for vista im a paid member with 5 accounts and my puter blew up so i ahd to to go with vista on the new one ..... im using the free download to instal it on the computer. says something about settings being wrong in the browswer wont install from the page

I

imported_LFancey

Connie Johnson,

This is a UAC (User Account Control) issue and you will need to temporaraly remove it. This will allow you to download the installer Windows is basically protecting users from doing bad things. You can turn it back on later. But if you do when ever you want to run TSO/EALand you may need to right click the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". To turn of UAC follow these instructions.

-Open Control Panel.
-Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".
-Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.
-Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
-Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.
-In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
-You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Lee

A

AlanYeo

Hi guys when i tried to download and install EA-Land from the website, halfway through the installation it says:

CRC Error:
The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\licsence.txt doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

and when i ignore further it says:

CRC Error:
The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch\TSO.exe doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

CRC Error:
The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\Buddy\authlogin.dll doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

and lastly ignored it shows:

(File Transfer Error)
Feature: DefaultFeature
Component:
File:
Error: Catastrophic Failure

Anyone can help me to solve this installation issue please!

F

frogger2

vista laptop on last update made it possible to see the neeto litlle splash screen but the lag was horrible. and pc still cant get into the Test Center 3-test it says {Failed during {5} Pixel shader 2.0 validation. sorry, the game cant continue and now try quiting} this is on my xp pc which cannot run the Test Center 3-test. my question are you working for xp at all to play in Test Center 3-test.