• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Enhanced Client

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...is absolutely amazing.

I just wanted to throw that out there as I see a lot of complaints from people about the new client. It took me almost a week, but I'm finally settled in. All I do is play in EC and I couldn't be happier this is exactly what I wanted.

I don't think people are giving it quite the effort in redoing their layouts. Coming from Pinco's UI to the new EC client without a template, it feels great everything is pretty much as I expected.

Thank you!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I just wanted to throw that out there as I see a lot of complaints from people about the new client. It took me almost a week, but I'm finally settled in. All I do is play in EC and I couldn't be happier this is exactly what I wanted.

I don't think people are giving it quite the effort in redoing their layouts. Coming from Pinco's UI to the new EC client without a template, it feels great everything is pretty much as I expected.

Thank you!

I don't think it is bad at all, just some things that I miss from Pinco's that did not make it in.
  • Extra information on character pages such as loyalty and other stats and stuff like that.
  • Item Property Info, I can guess what is a relic but I miss the color coded items.
  • Pinco's animal lore gump with information on one page plus an estimated pet level.
  • Legacy bags, meaning I can leave some bags open with tiles but then turn on legacy bags and anything that I open after is in legacy, not all bags. It is a pain setting up a vendor in EC now.
  • Scaling individual things such as backpack and treasure map. I don't want to scale everything but some things are nice. The UI scale ends up scaling the entire screen which is not so good. :(
  • Chat font size, I know it is somewhat sizable but I cannot make it as large as I would like.
There are other things but these are the main things that I can think of off hand.

I applaud Broadsword for hiring Pinco to work with the UI because the original one was unplayable for me and at least now I can use the default UI while I wait for Pinco's. I know the devs are taking a lot of hits right now because change is always tough get use to when you lose something that you like or depend on but they have done more for the game in the year then quite a few of the years put together. It is nice to see them adding things instead of letting the game die out of old age. I also like the fact that they are looking for another dev which hopefully means more good things are coming in the near future.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of what you're missing, isn't missing. You just haven't found it.
Loyalty is available from an icon in the 'actions' under 'player context menu'
Scaling individual gumps is available from an icon in the 'actions' under 'other'
There are a heck of a lot more actions than there used to be. Explore them in game or simply look at the list on the updated page http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/client-user-guide-enhanced/actions

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the info. Seems that the target loot bag may not work. When I target a bag inside my backpack, it says that it is not an accessible container. :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the info. Seems that the target loot bag may not work. When I target a bag inside my backpack, it says that it is not an accessible container. :(
Open the bag, target it in your backpack with loot bag then close it.
It will then work as intended

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Open the bag, target it in your backpack with loot bag then close it.
It will then work as intended
Thanks you! It would not work if I closed it again but if I left it open, worked great! :thumbsup:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to use the EC client. No go again. :( Couldn't figure out how to even buy something off a vendor. I used to be able to do it with a right click, that gets me nothing. Couldn't even get my backpack to open via paperdoll. Closed it and gave up.

I'm glad other folks are able to use it. This dragon is too old for this... I simply don't have the patience to research all the in's and outs of just basic function.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You cannot buy anything because of an option for quick looting but I have no idea where to find that now. Once it is turned off, you can buy things from vendors. Maybe Petra or someone else knows where to find it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't seem to find the enable quick loot in all containers option any more. :(
I did a few t-hunts today and thoroughly missed it.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I absolutely agree! While there are still several issues with the EC, this new UI improved this client way more than I would have imagined it. Really appreciate it...

Thank you!
I disagree.
You're trying to tell us, that you disagree with Winter thanking Bealank?

Or you are referring to the OP... which would mean, that you don't think that the new EC UI is far superior than the old EC UI. In fact, I don't know a single feature from the old UI, which I would miss or which was better implemented or had a better usability than in this new UI. You can try to prove me wrong here, but I honestly think, that you won't find any solid argument...
Or you just simply want to tell us that you just dislike the EC at all and are just playing CC, which is absolutely legit and ok at all, but then you're in the wrong thread, since this one is not about the CC. Except you want to provoke the old and lame CC vs. EC discussion... (which further would mean, that you're just trolling).

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you!
I haven't been active with UO for quite some time, I just recently returned. I did notice some big changes to the EC. A few questions:

1) How new is this "new" EC?
2) Is there a feature list somewhere?
3) Why does the vendor search gump flash on and off constantly, preventing me from using it?

Thanks

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm loving it as well.... though the looting thing was something I was asking about in Vent the other day.... I couldn't find the Quick Loot icon.... my friend was like that doesn't happen he can quick loot and buy off a vendor and I said ?????? I've always had to have that little chest with the lightning bolt on it.. and I can't find it. To toggle between quick loot and buying. He says he can do both.... but I can't. Quick loot used to work for me in any container.... now it doesn't. I miss it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's good to see the devs improving EC, but I still prefer using CC. *crawls back under his rock to hide from new hard to figure out technology*

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few things I miss and hope will be included in the new 6.0 version of Pinco UI.

1. The item property tabs as the picture below shows. I know there was a newer one but I prefer this one myself.

2. The extra information that would show under a player/monster. Resists, HCI, DCI, SDI etc.

3. The animal lore gump

4. The ability to pop out different chat channels. I used to have mine setup like the picture below. System chat at the top, general in the middle and then guild/party at the bottom.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few things I miss and hope will be included in the new 6.0 version of Pinco UI.

1. The item property tabs as the picture below shows. I know there was a newer one but I prefer this one myself.

2. The extra information that would show under a player/monster. Resists, HCI, DCI, SDI etc.

3. The animal lore gump

4. The ability to pop out different chat channels. I used to have mine setup like the picture below. System chat at the top, general in the middle and then guild/party at the bottom.

I too miss all that except maybe popping out the chats..... as I like mine all in one area you missed one more thing that was vital.... Having the typing chat bar at the bottom of the Gameplay window!!!! Oh how I LOTHE having it on the chat journal!!! I can never find it when I want to say something.... it's like ACK! I can't talk!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the typing chat bar at the bottom of the Gameplay window!!!! Oh how I LOTHE having it on the chat journal!!! I can never find it when I want to say something.... it's like ACK! I can't talk!
I forgot about that this. Yeah I totally agree. I really hope we see these features in the next Pinco release. :)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it is bad at all, just some things that I miss from Pinco's that did not make it in.
  • Extra information on character pages such as loyalty and other stats and stuff like that.
  • Item Property Info, I can guess what is a relic but I miss the color coded items.
  • Pinco's animal lore gump with information on one page plus an estimated pet level.
  • Legacy bags, meaning I can leave some bags open with tiles but then turn on legacy bags and anything that I open after is in legacy, not all bags. It is a pain setting up a vendor in EC now.
  • Scaling individual things such as backpack and treasure map. I don't want to scale everything but some things are nice. The UI scale ends up scaling the entire screen which is not so good. :(
  • Chat font size, I know it is somewhat sizable but I cannot make it as large as I would like.
I completely agree with every thing you miss, especially the item property info (and colors.) I was expecting some things from Pinco's UI to not be included, be it project due dates, etc.

EDIT: Us old folk have a hard time reading stats and picking out loot :eyes:

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that helped me I figured I'd throw in here, is that some of the old EC buttons did not work (Guild, for example.) What I did was drag the Guild icon from the Actions menu, put it on the hot bar where it used to be (replacing the old one) and it worked again. From then on, I destroyed all my hot bars and macros then rebuilt them all. This may fix a lot of things that fall in the "don't work" category.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new UI is not amazing.
The problem here is we're talking about the recent changes of EC. It may not be amazing to you because you never liked EC to begin with (as do half the rest of the community?)

Which, would be another for another thread :p just saying.

The changes from old EC client, to the new EC client are amazing. Technically that's an opinion, but in this case it's quite impossible to argue. This is not just a new "template" these features are built into the client/engine itself now.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the closing of all the bags when shifting from EC to legacy , when setting up for a vender, make it really difficult.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to turn off they new style item counts when stuff is in a container. Gems, imbuing regs etc. Instead of saying 2034 it just says 2k now.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to turn off they new style item counts when stuff is in a container. Gems, imbuing regs etc. Instead of saying 2034 it just says 2k now.
nope, 4 digits is just too long and won't fit, so the choice was between using the K or reducing the font size...

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also love the new UI. Good work, folks! The only things I thought I didn't like originally are things that I can in fact do with a little tinkering around.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of what you're missing, isn't missing. You just haven't found it.
Loyalty is available from an icon in the 'actions' under 'player context menu'
Scaling individual gumps is available from an icon in the 'actions' under 'other'
There are a heck of a lot more actions than there used to be. Explore them in game or simply look at the list on the updated page http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/client-user-guide-enhanced/actions
How exactly do I get to the actions to scale individual gumps?
Also, what about changing text size in general chat? right now it is SO small

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing that I miss is the loot sort. This morning I was killed up in Cyclops valley and looted by one of the monsters. I noticed on ressing that I had lost gold, my loot bag and my cursed arms. I chased down the monsters around the body and finally found the one with the gold, but did not see the bag or the arms. For some reason I decided to scroll and about halfway through the grid, there was the bag. I continue nearly to the end of the grid and finally found the arms. I had noticed empty spots in the grids before, but just one or two. I guess I will switch the corpse default to list instead of grid if this is the way monsters are going to work...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This will not turn into a EC vs CC debate. Anyone making it so will be removed from this thread. Have a nice day.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Under actions>other there is a "toggle scale mode" option. bring that into a hotbar, click it and then target what you want to scale (backpact, paperdoll, hotbars etc) and use the mouse wheel to make it bigger or smaller.

I'm not sure on the gen chat text though, sorry.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have removed several counter productive posts as some few that replied to those posts. I repeat. this is not a client debate.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have removed several counter productive posts as some few that replied to those posts. I repeat. this is not a client debate.
Kelmo, while I usually agree that client war threads should be avoided, it seems impossible to respond to this thread with anything except completely positive comments while staying within your rule of not turning it into a client war thread. Really, think about it, even if someone isn't trying to derail the thread, the only thing they have to compare EC to, is CC. Someone says "oh I wish EC had ___ like CC does", then other people post agreeing or disagreeing, technically that turns it into a client war.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you could tell people specefically what they should avoid saying, instead of just saying anyone who turns it into a debate will be removed.

None of my posts were removed, so I have no grudge against your moderating style for this thread, I just think being more specefic would help prevent people from breaking your rule.

Edit: Thank you for posting the specefics.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We will be discussing the new UI. Not comparing or debating the two different UIs. The topic of this thread is "The New Enhanced Client". We will not be discussing the classic client in this thread.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
look for this icon in the Actions, other menu.
scale.JPG
put it into a hotbar slot and click it to toggle it on.

Place the mouse cursor on the item to scale - for a container or the map use the top of the item so that you're not scrolling through the contents or zooming the map. Scroll the mouse wheel to re-size. When you have the result you want, toggle it back off.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the new EC after quite a bit of fiddling with it. Two more suggestions or questions
1. Bring back the ID over the macros for slayers when you mouse over them - it's easy to forget what the icons mean (ex: dragon vs reptile)
2. Has anyone figured out how to do the macro to fill a BOD automatically - I hate going back to the old clicking each individual item in my backpack?
Thanks

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wondering if we are allowed to customise this UI like we could the last one. That's the yay or nay bit for me, if I can tweak things then I'm happy to try working with it.

I think if you liked Pinco's then this will be up your street. I wasn't a fan and I really don't know if I can get along with this one yet, I don't really like the look of it so far. I'll give it a try when I have time to set up macros and go hunting properly. But it does really hinge on whether we can modify the UI a bit, because I like things much more minimal than most players seem to. I want to lift the hood and mess with it ;)

I did a wee frightened squeak when I saw the new macro options that got added in. I hope nobody tests my knowledge of tamer related macros in the new EC any time soon, I need study time!

Wenchy

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I'm wondering if we are allowed to customise this UI like we could the last one. That's the yay or nay bit for me, if I can tweak things then I'm happy to try working with it.

I think if you liked Pinco's then this will be up your street. I wasn't a fan and I really don't know if I can get along with this one yet, I don't really like the look of it so far. I'll give it a try when I have time to set up macros and go hunting properly. But it does really hinge on whether we can modify the UI a bit, because I like things much more minimal than most players seem to. I want to lift the hood and mess with it ;)

I did a wee frightened squeak when I saw the new macro options that got added in. I hope nobody tests my knowledge of tamer related macros in the new EC any time soon, I need study time!

Wenchy
Like you I used (and liked) the enhanced client without Pinco's, and was apprehensive about the new client, but I have to say it really grows on you. Other than a few minor things, it has everything I used in the old EC, plus a few more. And you can use as many or as few of the features as you want. It also transfered all my macros from the old EC to the new; all I had to do was arrange the desktop, set the backpack to the grid view I was used to, reset the zoom feature and I was ready to go.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have played with the Pinco's Mod before so this is not a complete surprise to me. I am hoping this is the Pinco's lite I have always wanted. I am using this opportunity try to do some new things with screen set ups macros and even some legacy settings.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question about the looting Agent.

Would it be possible to tell the Agent to only pick up from corpses specific items around the character ?

For example, Agents have been able to pick up reagents from the ground while walking. JUST reagents, not else....
This tells me that it does is possible to tell the looting Agent to discriminate what to pick and what not to pick i.e. an "automated" pick up command from corpses without the need to have to open them up).

So, would it be possible to have several layers of filters, adjustable, so as to have as much variety as possible to be able to have a wide range of selectability in determining which items one wants to be picked up from the corpse and which not ?

Expanding this, we know that the new loot, when unravelled, can produce :
  • Magical Residue
  • Enchanted Essence
  • Relic Fragments
The UI can tell which items will unravel into what. Therefore, if one only wants to loot "Relic Fragments" quality items, would it be possible to have the ability to add filters to the looting Agents to tell it to just pick up "Relic Fragments" quality items ?

Or, for example, let's say one needs to hunt for Crystalline Blackrock which the Golden Elementals in Blackthorn Dungeon carry, it would be nice to be able to tell the UI Looting Agent to only pick up, say, Crystalline Blackrock and gold from the golden Elementals corpses and just discard else if unwanted ......

Bottom line is, it would be a very good addition, IMHO, if we could have a smarter looting Agent that players can customize and filter as much as possible as to what their needs may be.

Thanks.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Under actions>other there is a "toggle scale mode" option. bring that into a hotbar, click it and then target what you want to scale (backpact, paperdoll, hotbars etc) and use the mouse wheel to make it bigger or smaller.

I'm not sure on the gen chat text though, sorry.
Toggle scale mode does NOT work on tmaps and a lot of other gumps.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hum..... I only had 2 or three choices under the tab for Fonts...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will someone please answer if the 'toggle legacy pack's' is going to be fixed so that it ONLY toggles the bag/container selected AFTER the toggle has been clicked and does NOT auto toggle every bag/container already opened to the legacy view. It is now IMPOSSIBLE to stock a vendor from a grid set up container and if I have to now set up all my packs to legacy view then I will cease playing as I want to play the EC and only ever used 'legacy' toggle to stock vendors. Given 95% of my gameplay is as a merchant with vendors I will cease playing if it is not intended to be fixed. I have posted this in a number of threads and so far NO ONE has answered whether this toggle is working as intended and if not when it is likely to be fixed.

Also a LOT of people EC players on my shard including myself (not sure if it is ALL users), cannot use the vendor search as it just flashes on and off and you cannot search for anything, the only way to stop it flashing is to log out or leave a safe zone to prompt the error msg that you can't use it, so even if you do stock something on a vendor no one is going to find it as the vendor search isn't able to be used. An eta on a fix on this would also be nice.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also a LOT of people EC players on my shard including myself (not sure if it is ALL users), cannot use the vendor search as it just flashes on and off and you cannot search for anything, the only way to stop it flashing is to log out or leave a safe zone to prompt the error msg that you can't use it, so even if you do stock something on a vendor no one is going to find it as the vendor search isn't able to be used. An eta on a fix on this would also be nice.
I am also having this problem. The search gump appears for a split second, then vanishes.