• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the MOTHER of all BATTLE CHICKEN threads (stats and pics)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok.

i went around and stole pics of Battle Chickens from posts that i could find.
and also added the skills/stats/resists sections that have been posted added with my own.

the hopes are to make a post that the mod here may sticky that will have the end all and be all of Battle Chicken info with all numbers and pics of all colors.

so, here we go.

Hit Points: 94 - 177

Strength: 94 - 177
Dex: 78 - 124
Int: 6 - 13

Phys Resist: 15 - 20
Fire Resist: 5 - 15

Wrestle: 50 - 62
Tactics: 50 - 62
Resist: 30 - 53

Colors so far:

Numbers - Kitiara-atlantic
pics - me and everyone else that posted pics on stratics

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
here are the hiryu colors.

for comparison cause the chickens are suppose to be spawning in the same colors as the hiryus.... granted i have never seen a Black Hiryu.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! I wonder if the color spawn chances are the same as the hiryu chances? It'd have to be skewed relative to the fact that ALL battle chickens are colored, not just some of them... but, for example, I wonder if the ratio of cyan to light blue is the same.

If that is the case (and I have NO IDEA if it is or not!), the numbers would be:

Strong Green 1.33%
Strong Purple 1.33%
Strong Yellow 2.8%
Cyan 4.12%
Light Green 4.12%
Ice Blue 6.9%
Blue & Yellow 10.9%
Agapite 13.7%
Strong Cyan 13.7%
Light Blue 13.7%
Ice Green 13.7%
Gold 13.7%

I haven't hatched enough battle chickens to know if this is reasonable or not.

J

[JD]

here are the hiryu colors.

for comparison cause the chickens are suppose to be spawning in the same colors as the hiryus.... granted i have never seen a Black Hiryu.

Where is the best place to find and tame Hiryu with colors? The spots I know of all have the regular colored ones even after I kill some. So much I wonder if my client is bugged. PM me if it's a secret and you don't want to post. Thanks

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i do believe that they said that the colors of the battle chickens would be the same at the hiryus but that the rarity was not.
so im kinda thinking that its just a plain roll of the dice between all of them every time one matures.

you wanna hear something strange.
my 3 battle chickens on my one guy..... all the same color.
ice blue.

very strange.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well THIS explains a lot.

i was wondering why all the chickens where colored.... have a look at the link, check out the color chart.

they REMOVED the normal color hiryu from the pic, so all chickens spawn colored it seems.

cool.

http://uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=277

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i may have to sink a coop into my room in the Origin Keep there sis to keep ya in line!

hehehe.

i also may have to raid your egg suply to get started!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i may have to sink a coop into my room in the Origin Keep there sis to keep ya in line!

hehehe.

i also may have to raid your egg suply to get started!
That's the LA keep and yes, I have eggs you can have and an incubator too! I just need to scrounge through the junk jewelry and armor and unravel a bunch or we won't have room for many eggs.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you have ones on LA too????

im 2 shards behind...... this wont do!!!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone else have stats to add to this thread? I've been editing my post above with additional information and screen shots as new battle chicken lizards have hatched.

So far, I've hatched 12 battle chicken lizards out of 61 eggs. Have only had two of those 12 duplicate colors I already had. Out of the 61 eggs, only one has burned and it happened last Monday when we got the unannounced patch. It never did mature, although the other eggs from the same batch that didn't burn took an extra day or two to mature. The burned one crumbled when I tried to hatch it. The egg was black and I wasn't sure if that was from being burned or was the egg color. Until today, I didn't realize for sure that there really are BLACK battle chicken lizards and their eggs are, obviously, black.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the black one!! I will just have to remember to make some collars.

Also, you can continue to collect eggs until you have a lot and then "cook" them haha all at once. I haven't messed with it since Beta, only have raised two regs :).

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
strange.

cause there are no black hiryus.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm starting to think that the "light green" color is going to be the dominant color. Three out of 14 now.

I rearranged my earlier post and added a pie chart, in case anyone's interested. And if you're on Lake Austin and want plain old mature chicken lizard eggs, let me know. They are beginning to pile up.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Battle Chicken Lizard Colors

I've started a new chart to show the various colors of the battle chicken lizards. I'm not 100% certain the labels I'm using correctly match up with the lizard colors, though. And note that the color names are the ones that one of the developers used long ago with regard to hiryus. I'll update the chart as I get new lizards in the missing colors.

If anyone has lizards in the missing colors and wants to PM me with screen shots of them, please feel free. Save them as a jpg file. Try to put the lizard on a stone floor and stand to the south of it when you give the stay command so it faces the same direction as the ones in the chart.

I'm also trying to start a collection of pictures of egg colors. In case you've kept shots too, post what you have and indicate which color of lizard came out of the egg.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Battle Chicken Lizard Egg Colors

Egg color pictures........will update as I get more. Wish I'd thought to do this from the start. LOL

B

Beastmaster

Ok, I have my bonded chicken lizzies in their coop. I think I'm supposed to start seeing eggs soon. Question is how do the eggs occur? Do they appear in the coop and therefore showup on the coop menu? Do I have to claim my chickens and tell them to drop the eggs? Or wonder of all wonders, do they just pop in my pack when I claim a chicken?

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

H

HellaFarris

When you feed a bonded chickem lizard it there is a chance that it will lay an egg, I feed mine once per day - each chicken can lay a maximum of two eggs per week

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Battle Chicken Lizard Colors

I think I have the colors you are missing, however I ONLY play the advanced client so if you want to come get a screenie of em you will need log a char into oceania and come to my place in luna for a photoshoot.

Problem is I suspect they look different in each client. I tried to get a screenie of one but there is NO way that you can make them stand in the same position. This is as close as you can get them, in relation to the floor tiles the stance is different.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a light green a yellow and a orange egg at home. But is the orange eggs going to give me this "golden" battle chicken lizard?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you feed a bonded chickem lizard it there is a chance that it will lay an egg, I feed mine once per day - each chicken can lay a maximum of two eggs per week
I have ten chicken lizards that have been bonded for 21 days. I feed them daily. One has laid only 4 eggs in that time. Several have laid 6 eggs. A couple have laid 8 eggs. And one has laid 9 eggs in that time. Don't know what's up with that one....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
damn fine work people!!!

thought id come in and mention this.

Tina gave me a battle chicken the other day on LA and it just happened to be as i was heading out to train up a Cu Sidhe on a Shadow Elemantal and also a Lesser Hiryu for a guild mates Bushido (sampire)

so for Poops and Giggles i took the freshly hatched battle chicken with me and put it on the SE.

that darn thing GMed its wrestle and tact and anat in like 3 hours.

i was shocked.

and thier graphic shows them hitting really fast.... like fast like im thinking they have a little bit of vorpal left in them.

just saying.....

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn fine work people!!!

thought id come in and mention this.

Tina gave me a battle chicken the other day on LA and it just happened to be as i was heading out to train up a Cu Sidhe on a Shadow Elemantal and also a Lesser Hiryu for a guild mates Bushido (sampire)

so for Poops and Giggles i took the freshly hatched battle chicken with me and put it on the SE.

that darn thing GMed its wrestle and tact and anat in like 3 hours.

i was shocked.

and thier graphic shows them hitting really fast.... like fast like im thinking they have a little bit of vorpal left in them.

just saying.....
With a few different colored ones hitting the same target in the same spot it looks like Christmas lights :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to pay a visit to pfloyd later to collect some data on his flock and round up a picture or two. Working on updating the color chart right now with Miss Echo's picture and one kittykat sent me. Trying to do it between other stuff we've got going on today.

I told Petra I'd put together a page on battle chicken lizards for the Stratics site. In addition to the basic information about how to raise them, colors, stats, etc. I'd like to start gathering information about how people are actually using these things. Are they mostly being used for hunting or has anyone actually started having organized fights with them? I think that was one of the things Sakarrah hoped would happen with them.

B

Beastmaster

Thanks. The more specific info I needed I got today when mine finally laid an egg.

When you feed your chicken lizard it may lay an egg on the ground. You will get this message: "Your chicken has laid an egg!!"

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kittykat gave me a screenshot of an egg for a blue and yellow battle chicken lizard. Here's the latest version of the egg picture.

(I'll make this look nicer once I get good screen shots of single eggs. May take a while.)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is an updated color chart. Thank you to Kittykat for the picture of the gold lizard and Miss Echo for the strong cyan one.

I pulled out my collection while using the Enhanced client and I think the same colors were used in both the Enhanced and Legacy clients. I'm still not sure that the lizard I have labeled as "strong yellow" is correctly labeled. It had a yellow egg, if I remember correctly, but one of the pictures Poo posted above shows something that looks quite a bit more "yellow."

C

Corwin

Tina,
That is not a strong yellow. I have a strong yellow, and it is very yellow, not even close to another color.
The problem is, I don't know what color your guy is. It might be another shade of green that we don't know about or isn't in the Hyriu color chart. I am not even sure what to call your little guy? Dark Green?
I will try to figure out how photo bucket works and post a pic of my strong yellow.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm kind of wondering if the one I have labeled as "light green" is actually "no hue" and what I have labeled as "strong yellow" is the "light green." The reason I think the "light green" may really be a "no hue" is because I've gotten more of that color of battle chicken lizard than any other.

Color me confused.

C

Corwin

No Hue? If there is a no hue, then I would agree. Just like the regular colored Hiryu. I have gotten two of the dark-green/no-hued battle chicken lizards. The only repeated out of eight eggs.

That makes sense to me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfloyd showed me some of the colors he has that I hadn't seen before, including two very dark shades, like the black I have and another dark shade.

I have a theory now that the colors for the battle chicken lizards are based on the colors of the regular hiryus and the lesser hiryus plus maybe a "no hue" version that is the same as the regular chicken lizards without the orange.

I found this page with charts for both the hiryus and lesser hiryus: http://www.freewebs.com/megadomeus/Hiryu.htm.

I got screen shots of pfloyd's pets and will make an attempt at assembling a more complete chart. Then maybe it will be time to try to pester a dev into confirming what they actually did and whether the publish notes and the info on the official UO site is accurate.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my latest attempt at a chart incorporating the additional colors that pfloyd has in his flock. I used the hiryu and lesser hiryu color names along with "black" for the very darkest shade of battle chicken lizard.

Let me know what you think and please speak up if you have colors that aren't on this chart! LOL

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try add the stats for the ones I hatched, but yesterday I ran across a strange thing - hatched three, and every time when I try apply the collar, the chicken 'avoided it' and the collar fell on the floor (don't have the full wording of the message to hand, just changed PCs and forgot to set up recording my journal :( ).

After two, I even tried a different collar in case that first one was broken. Luckily I hatch them in a 'contained' public house, so I was still able to tame the creatures with a bit of running around (although someone visiting and opening the gate part way through me taming one was a bit scary!).

Anyone else seeing this, or know why it happens?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found these in the client, I assume its the 3rd statement, However why it did it.. No idea.

Which battle chicken do you wish to ensnare?

The chicken frees itself of the collar!!

The collar falls to the ground as the chicken deftly avoids it.

You successfully ensnare the chicken! You best hurry before it frees itself from it!

Your chicken has laid an egg!!

M

Maggie

he dodged the collar! my dog does this after a bath. I think its perfectly normal just pick it up and try again!

Actually this did happen to me the first time I hatched a battle chicken. It tooke 3/4 tries but eventually worked. I dont know but maybe because the character had no taming? I relied on JOAT to tame her. She also turned out to be a super chicken.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a total of 20 different hues for the battle chicken. The hiryu colors were simply the base colors that were going to be used when I wrote the original design. But that changed along the way. So while you will find most of the hiryu colors there, not all were kept and some other hues (like black/shadow) were added.

There are no "rarer" hues. The chickens have an equal chance of being any color. It all depends on the mood of the RNG.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So three colors missing from that last updated color collage. I checked all mine and I don't have any not pictured there, I will keep my eyes peeled and post any I do find :) Thanks for compiling all this lovely info. guys and gals!

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the mother of all battle chicken threads is becoming a reality!!!!

*insert evil laugh here*

C

Corwin

hhmmm,
I have a yellow-green chicken lizard and doesn't match any of those other greens. I will have to figure out how to post a pic.

C

Corwin

Here is a pic of my Yellow-Green Chicken Lizard. I tried to resize and make it bigger, but my skills are poor.

C

Corwin

I know it looks like a light green, but when you look at the light green next to the yellow-green you can tell the difference. It is like the Black next to the Midnight Black. Here is a pic of my greens.

Yellow-Green, Light Green, Dark Green, Strong Green, and Green.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I took my non-bonded strong green out to feed it this morning it popped out under my house sign. Be careful if you live in a spawn area, it seems this bug is still around.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I know it looks like a light green, but when you look at the light green next to the yellow-green you can tell the difference. It is like the Black next to the Midnight Black. Here is a pic of my greens.

Yellow-Green, Light Green, Dark Green, Strong Green, and Green.
those top 2 look the same to me

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I took my non-bonded strong green out to feed it this morning it popped out under my house sign. Be careful if you live in a spawn area, it seems this bug is still around.
Which shard are you on? I'm not having this problem on LA but it is happening on Formosa.

C

Corwin

Poo,
Maybe I need to take a better pic. But it's like the difference in the two blacks. One black has a stripe of white on his back. These two greens, one has a stripe of yellow on his back, the other is light-green. When I pull them out of the coop, I can see the difference really clear.

That makes me wonder what the other two/three colors are that we haven't found. Are they so close in color you have to set the Chicken Lizards next to each other to see the difference?

I really wish we would start posting pics of egg colors before hatching and after. Those colors confuse me more.

C

Corwin

Tina,
I noticed that problem too. But it was only once and only after that installed the turkey quest. It hasn't happened to me since.

C

Corwin

Here is a collage of the light-green next to the yellow-green. All four angles with white floor and a black floor.

Edit: I don't know why this pic is so small and tina's is so big. On my computer it's huge. If anyone can give me some tips, I will fix it. Thank you.